Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Crazy about collagen...

Wink 

Hi I found this info regarding the different types of collagen...I was confused and didn't know which one to take for NBE since I heard great things about type II, I and III Smile so according to this info I'm going to go for I and III (they are usually together) along with some HA (Hyaluronic acid) and MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane).. what do you think?

WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
The word “collagen” is derived from kolla, the Greek word for glue. Collagen is the primary protein in the body. There are many types of collagen protein throughout the body however, the most widely researched types of collagen are Types I, II, and III. Types I & III are the major components of skin, hair, nails, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, gums, teeth, eyes, and blood vessels. Type II is the major component of joint cartilage.

HOW DOES AGING AFFECT COLLAGEN IN THE BODY?
Aging affects the body’s collagen in two ways:

a) As we age, the body’s ability to make collagen protein slows down so there is insufficient new collagen to make skin, joints and other parts of the body.

b) Collagen fibers lose their moist texture and become rigid. Much of this damage is caused by free radicals: unstable molecules created when the body uses oxygen.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COLLAGEN TYPES?
COLLAGEN TYPE I & III:
Scientific studies show that more than 90% of the collagen found in the body is Collagen Type I & III. The protein composition consists of nineteen amino acids responsible for growth, maintenance and repair of the body with unusually high proportions of the amino acids glycine and proline, as well as hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, all found in skin and muscle. This is what makes Super Collagen™ supplements effective in those areas

COLLAGEN TYPE II :
Collagen Type II is the major component of hyaline joint cartilage. The protein content is between 65% to 70% (less than Type I and III) and naturally occurring mucopolysaccharides (carbohydrates) 30% to 35 %. The mucopolysaccharides consists of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Hyaluronic Acid, the makeup of synovial fluid and sugar aminos required to make collagen type II cells. Kolla2® is laboratory tested.

The composition of Chicken Type II Collagen protein consists of eighteen amino acids. The percentage and molecular weight of each amino acid is different than those found in Type I & III. In addition, Type II is low in hydroxyproline and trace of hydroxylysine, the primary difference in comparison with Type I and III gearing type II to address cartilage tissue properties.

I personally think its a great thing to take. I do msm and type I, III collagen. I tried the HA...didnt do a lot for me, so I took that out.
It is fabulous topically for the skin as long as you live in a somewhat humid climate. They tell you to avoid it if you live in dry areas. I live in florida, so I use it topically.

I'm addicted to taking the collagen supplements as well as using it in different products. It's extremely popular here, you can get it in capsule or drink form, but they are usually expensive, so I get my supplies of collagen from the US.

I take neocell collagen I & III capsules, it also has vitamin C. I didn't start it for NBE but if it helps that too, all the merrier. I use a face moisturizer with collagen and elastin in it, it's from St. Ives they sell a face moisturizer and a body lotion with it. I use to take HA but as bellalily didn't see a difference with it, I was taking it in conjunction with the collagen for skin mainly. They also say HA helps the lips, I didn't see a difference from it there either, but recently started trying a HA serum I have, it's pure HA, and I rub it on my lips once a day, it has decreased any cracked lines I had, and they seem a lil fuller, my lips never lacked fullness but don't we all want Angelina's lips without the injections? lol So it was worth a try. I'm thinking about getting a lip pump for that though. As far as MSM, I take a hair vitamin that has it in it, again not for NBE but for hair lol.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon