Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO and antidepressants?

Does anyone have experience with the combination of BO and SSRI's? I use Prozac and I am sure serotonine and hormones all influence eachother...So I would like to know if I should expect any side effects.

Btw I do plan to withdraw from the prozac, but am not sure if I can do it:s

In my early teens I was put on Zoloft and I hated it, hated how it made me feel, but took it to shut my mother up since "the doctor said to take it" *rolls eyes* well without her knowing I weened myself off of you. The thing with antidepressants is you can't go cold turkey with them. I was 13 when I started zoloft, completely off of them by 15/16. I was suppose to take 2 a day, forgot the mg's. What I did was when she gave them to me, I started it by every other day only taking one and throwing the other away or flushing it down the toilet. Then I slowly went to 1 a day. Then one day a week none, 2 days a week none. And so on and so on, go at your own pace when weening off of them. You know better than anyone else what you are feeling. Well I got down to one a week, and slowly but surely off of them completely. And for a while she thought I was still taking them but everytime I would fake take them and throw em away or flush em. I did that for months before I came out and told her straight up that she should stop cause I haven't been taking them in such n such. Personally I don't think most people on these type of meds actually NEED them. Doctors give these things out like candy. Most of the time someone can deal with their depression or whatever is going on without pills. That's my personal opinion of course. I actually had nothing wrong with me, my mom just thought I did because I was being a normal teenager and didn't want to "hang out" with her as much and had distanced myself from her, so of course, there was something wrong with me lol. I had been through alot emotionally in this time, but it didn't make me depressed. She just thought it did, and she's like doctors where they think everyone should be popping a ton of pills per day to be able to function. Anyway I'll stop rambling lol I hope it works out for you, I wouldn't know if BO would effect Prozac, sorry. Maybe ask your doctor?

I am not sure whether BO and anti-depressants are good together. But many people who are doing NBE they are taking L-Tyrosine supplement together with it to assist the production of T3 and T4 hormone in our liver and also maintaining an optimum temperature for our body (important in NBE). I read in many places throughout the internet that L-Tyrosine supplement will interfere with anti-depressants.

Hello,
I just found this thread. I was just put on Zoloft for depression. The info I've read is that depression is triggered by a major event. I experienced an event in April that rocked my life upside down. I didn't know at the time it would have such an impact on my life but over time things got progressively worse til I was out of control emotionally. My husband (who has been wonderful thru all this) made me get help. The doctor put me on the med (I was totally against it at first) on 11/18/10. A big part of my depression centered on my poor body image because of not having breasts. I am taking BO & I pray it will not interfere w/ the meds. If I had to choose between BO & Zoloft, I don't know what I would do. The BO is helping w/ transforming my poor body image which is part of my problem, but the Zoloft is helping me too. If anyone else has advice, I'll be happy to hear it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon