Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Help! Always fall asleep!

Help! Always fall asleep!
November 8 2009 at 1:31 PM kimochan  (Login kimochan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought Steve G Jones' mp3, which was WAY better than blaketalks which was both creepy and funny at the same time (sounded he was trying too hard). My problem now is that Steve G Jones is waaaay too soothing that I always fall asleep by the time he talks about the conch shell on the beach. How do I stay awake long enough to listen to the whole track? Would sleeping before listening to everything render it useless?

Author Reply
T-belle
(Login tbelle)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Help! Always fall asleep! November 15 2009, 9:17 PM 

I don't have the Jones one, but I sometimes fall asleep during the Dobson one. But I think it's okay. I feel like it's working, and he tells you once you're "under" that it doesn't really matter whether you listen actively or not, because he's talking to your subconscious.

new to hypnosis
March 31 2008 at 10:47 PM SC (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just started steve g jones yesterday... does anyone know if i can listen to it during day time if not going anywhere? how about two times a day? also.. do u really fall asleep? cuz i feel like i blackedout for a while during the session then as soon as it stopped i woke up? is it normal? or ur suppose to fall asleep till the next day? thanks...

Author Reply
mysteryrose
(Login mysteryrose) Re: new to hypnosis May 13 2008, 5:16 PM

I'm not familiar with the program you are using but as far as I know hypnosis works best when you are in a relaxed yet CONSCIOUS state.

It's quite common to fall asleep during the session as it is very relaxing, but you should try and keep awake till the end for optimum results.

As for when- again as far as I know it doesn't matter when as long as you can get time out without being disturbed (any time during the day).

Edit Message Delete Message

Monica
(no login) Re: new to hypnosis May 25 2008, 6:18 PM

Hi SC, I have purchased Steve G Jone CD recently as well and the same as you I feel that I fall asleep while listening to it somewhere probably in the middle of it and towards the end I wake up just to hear his last phraseSmile And I feel that I missed all the main part! I try not to fall asleep, but it's very hard because it's so relaxing, so I find it easier to do that if I listen to the CD in the afternoon while my baby sleeps, so I'm not that tired and this way it's less likely for me to fall asleep.
By the way, did you notice any progress from the start of this program?

Tula
(Login TRoshyn) Re: new to hypnosis September 11 2008, 11:58 AM

I got an e-mail on Steve G Jones stuff, there was a sale of some mp3s that were 'clips' of the main part of other trances, it suggests you can listen to the without going into trance, so whilest doing something else... typing for instance!...

Got the breast one... I figure if I put this inbetween some induction - awakener, I have a full trance... maybe?

Does hypnosis work when you're asleep?
September 18 2008 at 7:46 AM Joanne (no login)

Does hypnosis work when you're asleep? What I mean is that if you play a hypnosis recording and leave it on whilst you sleep, will your unconscious mind still respond? Do you see what I mean?

Author Reply
Andrew
(no login) Re: Does hypnosis work when you're asleep? July 21 2009, 8:14 AM

Hi Joanne
I am a Hypnotist (and found this forum checking myself out on google, so I will not spam it with adverts or links). I learned that your sub conscious mind remembers and does all manner of things when your in hypnosis when your awake and when your sleep. I was told and taught this from people whom I admired and respected, but who I later found out were wrong.

As a Psychologist I learned very early on that contrary to the claims I first learned by well meaning Hypnotherapist there are hundreds of studies done that show you do not learn anything or remember anything or change when your asleep.

It is a nice idea, and I wish it were true, but the reality is your sub conscious mind processes information only when your conscious not when your brain shuts off during sleep. So my advice to you is to not all asleep during your session, and do not buy anything that claims to work while your asleep. It will either be a con or made from someone prone to never questioning or growing in their skills

I don't understand how self - hyptotism works
February 11 2008 at 8:00 AM essexgirl (no login)

Are you supposed to relax and concentrate on the voice you're listening to and that's all? Or are you supposed to put yourself into an hypnotic state? Or if you're suposed to put yourself into an hypnotic trance, how do you know when you've done it?

Author Reply
Gail
(Login gail.tgirl) how hypnotism works February 11 2008, 7:57 PM

You just need to relax and listen to the words. Do not try and analyze what you are hearing...just listen and follow any instructions you are given. Hypnosis is a wonderful state of relaxation. Your arms and legs will feel heavy and you will simply not feel any desire to move. Just relax and let the words wash over you.

Someone observing you might detect changes - flickering eyes, or changed breathing patterns. But all you need to do is relax and feel good !

gail

Cressida
(no login) Re: I don't understand how self - hyptotism works October 12 2008, 12:57 PM

You're basically over-complicating. Just listen to the words and do as you're told, that's all.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon