Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My skirts always ride up!

I think the problem is i have a big hip to waist ratio of 13 inches, does anyone else have a similar hip/waist ratio and have a nightmare with skirts? as soon as i start walking my bum just pushes the skirt up to above my belly button!
The only skirts i can wear have to be really loose and summery/floaty types and ive never been able to wear a denim skirt or anything fitted. Is there any way to keep my skirt down? other than shrink my bum or grow lovehandles/a belly to hold it down lol, this really annoys me, it would be good to hear if anyone else has this problem too!

Milani x

Hi Milani, i also have this problem to an extent where i will not even attempt to wear a skirt, i would also love to hear if there is a solution as it would be nice to wear a skirt for work as the summer is coming and i dont really want to be wearing black trousers all the time lol as i have to wear black for work. But to be honest i also have problems with fitted trousers as they seem to ride up on my bum and its not a flattering look lol.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

I have quite a big hip:waist ratio... I find the skirts that fit the best are tulip skirts, as they fit around the curves Smile

http://www.asos.com/Selected-Femme/Selected-Femme-Tulip-Pocket-Skirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=968303&SearchQuery=tulip%20skirt&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

that sort of thing, you can get them in all kinds of lengths Smile[/color]

Ok, So I am sitting at home bored. Your post got me courious as to the answer. So here are some links I found that may provide an answer.

The first talks of using a flexible material in the skirt to keep it from riding up.
The second is to Vouge's psge where there are several posible answers.
The Third link seems to have the best answer. It reviews Hollywood tape. Cheap and easy to use, no seamstress involved. This was the answer tat I originally thought to look for. Seen it mentioned for use in special effects for movies. Helps to hold skimpy scifi outfits where they need to stay.

http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4339...or-corsets
http://forums.vogue.com.au/showthread.php?t=345081
http://petite.about.com/od/howtodress/gr...odtape.htm

Geek boy signing off

Yeah this is typical with skirts but I don´t think it has anything to do with your shape. I has more to do with using panties under them, the friction between fabrics causes the skirt to move upwards. This doesn´t happen if you wear a skirt on your bare legs, like in summer.
I know because I live in a very warm climate and we used skirts as part of our school uniform, and this moving up always happened in winter when we were using panties but never ever in summer when we just used socks. It didn´t matter what shape we had, ALL of us girls were pulling our skirts down all the time in winter.

my skirts always seem to ride up no matter what time of year, i think it is just because i have more of an unusual shape and wont be able to wear all the little skirts the other girls do. im not gonna complain to much because i like my shape Smile

Thanks all for your comments, i think on Saturday i will go shopping and try out the tulip skirts as suggested and lol at Andy your funny, thanks for the links, i think the tape could be another option i might try Smile

Milani

Ooops, of course by "panties" I meant panty-hose, not underwear. Blush
Hope you find a skirt that suits you!

that happens to me all the time! I can't stand it. My tshirts do it too. I start walking and then all of a sudden the material starts bunching around the waist and hips making me look like i have a million tiny muffin tops.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon