Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Asthma Caused by Deficiency in Vitamins

(NaturalNews) Low vitamin intake may increase the risk and severity of asthma, according to a study conducted by researchers from Nottingham University and published in the journal Thorax.

"Our findings indicate that low levels of vitamin C intake and to a lesser extent vitamin A are consistently associated with asthma risk to a degree that, if causal, would be sufficient to be clinically relevant," said lead researcher Jo Leonardi-Bee.

Bee said that further research was needed to determine whether insufficient vitamin levels might actually be a cause of asthma.

I have asthma and I've never noticed any difference in my asthma when I take in more vitamin c than I normally do. I do notice that coffee or caffeine helps to prevent asthma attacks. But more than anything, I find that my medicines really help control my asthma the best.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon