Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bovine Ovary... and protein question

Okay, so I haven't been good at all about incorporating protein shakes into my BO routine. HOWEVER, I eat a very generous amount of protein, so it shouldn't matter... right? I have an allery to whey and soy, so I've been doing hemp protein. It only has 15 grams of protein anyway, so It have been skipping it. I also take l-tyrosine. Any other suggestions? How many grams of protein do you guys take?

I take between 25g and 50g of protein from my protein shakes. I wouldn't say I have a high protein diet, I probably get around 10-20g of protein from my diet. If you have a high protein diet, then you don't need the protein shakes. I know for my size (120 lb) I'm supposed to consume 50g of protein a day, but I don't think anyone knows how much is needed for BO, so I go by that number.

Make sure to take l-tyrosine with a low protein meal, or on an empty stomach. Other proteins will reduce the absorption of l-tyrosine.

I realize you can't consume soy, but for anyone else on BO, do not use soy. It has phytoestrogenic properties, and would be equivalent to taking NBE herbs with your BO.

Hi there,

If you don't already know, NBE works well with the right body temperature especially BO and that is 98.2-98.6 Fahrenheit. If you have low body temperature you might want to add kelp into your routine. As for L-Tyrosine, 1000mg is the recommended dosage. Are you taking the right amount? DIM is also another kind of supplement that is highly recommended by BB (Bountiful Breast). Perhaps you want to try it out.

Are you having low BMI? If you have very high metabolic rate perhaps you want to add more protein into your diet. How much protein you asked? It depends on your body size. Too much and you didn't work it out you will end up growing side ways. Too little won't help too. If you are a cycle grower perhaps you want to use more protein during the time you grow and when you are not growing you do less protein than you do on period you are growing. You can use a protein calculator to count your needed protein daily allowances. This will help:-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/more-pro...er-you.htm

Don't take the exact protein amount recommended because you have to keep in mind that other food you are taking might also have protein in it.

Many of the BO users here add more supplements into their routine. EPA and EFA oils are good side supplement that you might want to consider, for example, fish oil, flaxseed oil, EPO and etc.

Happy growing!!

I personally use whey protein shakes, but seeing as you can't use that, have you tried the egg protein shakes? I seen them in a health food store once, they are for those allergic to whey and soy and it probably has more protein then hemp. But with a high protein diet you probably don't need the extra. I only supplement with a shake or bars when I don't get alot of protein throughout the day. I eat alot of tuna, I drink alot of milk, I eat eggs, I eat a good amount of meat in general, so I do get alot. And I also eat nuts as a snack. As far as tuna goes it has alot of protein and I've adjusted recipes to incorporate it. Sometimes at lunch I eat tuna salad sandwiches. I sometimes make a mac and cheese and tuna casserole for dinner (family LOVES this, especially kids and it's good for them, just serve a healthy veggie as a side), I also sometimes make a fish loaf, kind of like meat loaf but with tuna. I also eat alot of salmon, salmon patties, fillets that are sauteed or grilled, etc. I'm trying to lose weight so I do eat salads alot, but if I eat a salad I put pieces of chopped ham in it or grilled chicken strips. I try to eat 2 eggs at breakfast too. Eggs are high in protein. There are ways to adjust the diet that won't seem like a chore and you'll actually enjoy it!

I drink a 25g shake twice a day if I don't get but 30g in my diet, so I try to get at least 80g a day.

Anastasia, you're making my mouth water. What great ideas. I love tuna, but I'm not very creative. I will try those recipes. You take a lot of protein in. How do you burn it off? Do you work out a lot?

Yep, normally I work out either 30 min twice a day (30 min yoga or pilates in the morning to wake up, 30 min cardio and toning in evening) or I work out 3 times a week more intensely. I got sick a few weeks ago so haven't been working out, but plan to get back on schedule as soon as I get some things in order.

And I don't think 80g a day is too much, BB and UB suggests 80 to 100g a day as far as I know. But I do think it's wise to get on a regular exercise routine.

You also have to be aware of too much protein and your kidneys.We don't want to overwork the kidneys with excess protein.I also read once on the old forum that the body can only absorb about 20g of protein each time.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon