Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

need magnet help

need magnet help
January 10 2008 at 7:10 AM shamrock77 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the rubber coated magnets ,i can't figure out the polarites with a string method because they have no hole in the center.Any ideas?

Author Reply
Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: need magnet help January 11 2008, 2:26 AM

My magnets don't have a hole in them either so I taped a piece of string to them and was able to determine whether they were positive or negative that way.

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on Jan 11, 2008 2:26 AM

Edit Message Delete Message

Curious Sheep
(no login) Re: need magnet help January 11 2008, 7:35 AM

So - I attached the magnets to a string, and then it will turn toward magentic north...is that right, or have I missed something........and that would be the side to use? Also is there a min. time for wear?

The magnets I have are an extra strength magnet. Way stronger then a regular fridge magnet, but I don't know much more then that. I do know that if they are within a few inches of each other they snap together and will take off some skin should it be in the way......

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: need magnet help January 11 2008, 5:33 PM

The side of the magnet that faces north is positive and the opposite side that faces south is negative. The positive side is the one that is placed against the skin with the negative side facing outward. I've scratched the letter N on one side for north (positive) and S on the other side for south (negative). I'm currently wearing my magnets overnight but some are wearing them for shorter periods. It depends on how closely one wants to follow the original NBA system. I've only used them for a 3 days so far and I haven't had any problems so I'll continue with that. The NBA system involves lots of massage, special tinctures, switching back forth between negative and positive sides and using the magnets for only a few minutes at a time. Some on the board have had success by just leaving them in and not bothering with all that so it's really just personal preference.

couldn't find polarity
October 1 2008 at 8:38 PM Jennifer (Login MermaidSlur)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried doing the string test and nothing happened. they just hung there. i dont get how to find north and south. can i find it by seeing which side sticks to my fridge or something? is there a simple way for finding poles?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: couldn't find polarity October 1 2008, 10:05 PM

Easiest way is to take into a shop that has magnets (they may have them in a toy shop or in with craft stuff). These should be labelled and you can then see which side of your magnet repels the positive on theirs. The only problem is some people name them the other way round!

Cressida
(no login) Re: couldn't find polarity October 12 2008, 2:18 PM

Surely using a compass is the easiest way of all (always assuming you've got a compass that is).

Help me get this straight
December 11 2008 at 12:24 AM angel48 (Login angel48)

Hi,
okay so I have the compass and I have the magnets so let me make sure I'm doing this right. I make the compass face north, when I put the magnet up to it and it makes the needle stay where it is then that is the positive and that's the side on want facing down on my skin?

Author Reply
Siren
(no login) Re: Help me get this straight December 11 2008, 6:57 PM

Yes - if you want grow.

Penny
(no login) Re: Help me get this straight December 16 2008, 10:28 AM

The side of the magnet which faces the north is the positive side, and the side which points to the south is the negative side.

I can't figure out the poles for magnets
January 9 2008 at 6:04 PM Black Sheep (no login)

Ok i bought the magnets and decided to get the rubber coated ones (well they don't have the whole in the center to tie a string to),now i can't do the string test to determine the polarities.Any Ideas ?

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: I can't figure out the poles for magnets January 9 2008, 9:35 PM

You don't need a hole for the string just let the string be squashed between two magnets. There is also a method for determining the poles using a compass. I think the compass needle has a South polarity therefore faces North so whichever side of your magnet attracts the compass needle is the North pole. If you flip the magnet over it should repel the needle. You may want to look that up online to check I have it the right way round but it sounds logical.

amy
(no login) Re: I can't figure out the poles for magnets January 21 2008, 8:49 PM

U should just buy a pole identifier by K & J magnetics for 6.00 and 5.00 shipping us .I could not figure it out either and had rubber coated magnets so this is sooooooo easy if u buy it.Good luck the last thing u want is to use the wrong sides

Sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: I can't figure out the poles for magnets July 11 2008, 10:38 PM

Ok,i have the magnetic tape and and the side which should touch the skin is the negative one.So put the small magnets against it.The one that attracted it i have marked as the positive one and the one that repelled the negative one.Is that true?
PS:I noticed that when the i stick the white plastic thing to the small magnets and face them to the other ones it either repells or attracts it which is not the case when i do it without the plastic piece were it always attracts the other magnet.

Peony
(Login peonyflower) Re: I can't figure out the poles for magnets July 12 2008, 7:57 AM

I thought opposite poles *always* attract and the same or like poles *always* repel.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: I can't figure out the poles for magnets July 12 2008, 8:58 AM

Yes this is what i did.Since i did the test on a negative pole so he one that attracted it was the positive poleSmile

clonky
(no login) Re: sykle wrench or other help with buying magnets July 8 2008, 3:27 PM

Hi
Can any one tell me if a magnets geographical north=magnetic south?

First night with magnets!
July 10 2008 at 3:39 AM grace (Login grace1892)

OKAY
tonight will be my first night with magnets.

i'm still confused with the whole identifying negative and positive poles.
what i've gathered leads me to believe that when suspended the sides of the magnets that point NORTH are POSITIVE and the sides that point SOUTH are NEGATIVE.
Is this correct?

Author Reply
grace
(Login clonky) Re: First night with magnets! July 10 2008, 8:38 AM

Hi Grace
I am a bit confussed as well .. But having spoken to some friends... They say that magnetic north IS north So if your Magnet points to the north then that IS the north and North is negative not postive... if this is wrong please let me know...

grace
(Login grace1892) clonky... July 10 2008, 3:32 PM

wow now i have absolutely no idea what to think...
well i woke up today and my breasts are sore but that could easily be from the herbs i'm taking as well.

Still I'm having trouble completely understanding this magnetic north is whatever whatever...
i feel like i read a lot on it but still dont get it??
I dont think users regularly read this forum as often as the main one so maybe we could post a reminder for magnet users to come help us??
I just dont want to use the wrong poles!!!!

Tell me how everything is going for you through this.... any soreness yet, or lift?
I'll let you know if anything happens for me.

grace
(Login grace1892) Louise said... July 10 2008, 3:47 PM

"What they mean is to leave your magnets in the tube shaped stack they arrive in and tie a string round the middle. Dangle the magnets and they will align with the Earth's magnetic field - the side that points South is the magnet's Negative North pole (mark this side - either scratch 'N' on it or dot some nail varnish or something)."

This if from the instructions on how to use magnets, by Louise.

SO i gathered from this that if the magnet points South (which is technically the North pole, but this doesnt seem to matter) than it's Negatively charged.
(and then vice versa for positively charged.)

what do you think?

Siren
(no login) Re: First night with magnets! July 10 2008, 8:01 PM

I have been using DA2 magnets for the pass 3 weeks with the positive side facing the skin (I think!) My boobs have felt 'meatier' but no measureable growth as of yet.

At first I was confident that I had correctly identified the poles of the magnet after following Louise's notes, but then after reading the forum and surfing the net I wasn't so sure. In the end I found a site which put my doubts to rest

http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/pal...3/pole.htm

So yes Grace, I would agree with you that the north of the magnet (attracted to south) is positive!

I've also been worried about the length of time spent wearing the magnets and I've found a couple of sites which recommend taking magnet free days. It seems that magnets can be worn all day and all night from 3 to 5 days with 1 day without magnets, this apparently will stop the body from becoming accustomed to the stimulation.

I hope this helps!

Woolly Sheep
(no login) Re: First night with magnets! July 11 2008, 9:28 AM

I have read that page but I still don't get it. How do you know the north of a magnet is positive?

clonky
(Login clonky) magnets grace July 11 2008, 1:00 PM

Hi Grace
Well now i am confused as well... ahh!! I have my magnets neg against me ( negative being that when i held them against a compass they were negative) which you are now saying is Magnetic south... .. so i need to change them round?? other wise i will be taking IN all the positive energy and the positve has AlLL the stimulation but also the bad suff that goes with it? I'll change them round today and see if i feel anything?? Are you putting anything between the magnets and your skin? it says that if you don't you may get soreness?? I'll keep you posted..

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: First night with magnets! July 11 2008, 3:24 PM

The side of tha magnet facing the geographic north is the south or positive side of the magnet. The side of the magnet facing the geographic south is the north or negative side of the magnet. So it's the other way arround from what you thouht.

Siren
(no login) Re: First night with magnets! July 11 2008, 5:31 PM

Geological South = Positive
Geological North = Negative

As shown on the link below.

http://www.biomagscience.com/which_side_...it_matters

The north face of the magnet is attracted to the south pole and so is positive.

I must admit using a compass confused me as well. So I abandoned the idea - you may be able to crack the code with the following link though:

http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magpole.htm

Dixieland
(Login Dixieland) Just bought magnets....bra question July 11 2008, 6:18 PM

Clonky & everyone,

I just ordered from k&j magnets, the DA2 and one that has a hole in it with the bigger hole being to the "south"/"positive" side...so that I could test my other magnets and mark them....it was cheaper than buying the pole identifier and/or trying to figure it out on my own. I am marking the south poles with finger nail polish as I type this...
Wish me luck....I really want to get a really good lift from these magnets...

I do have a question about leaving them in a bra...should the bra be alittle too big for expansion or should it fit? I have read both, so I am confused on this one.
Thanks for answering my questions...happy growing everyone!!!

Dixieland

grace
(Login grace1892) magnet usage... July 11 2008, 7:32 PM

clonky:
no i havent been putting anything in between the magnets and my skin. The soreness I'm experiencing is not an allergic reaction from the nickel plating on the magnet, but rather just my breasts are very tender... they feel like theyre growing, like how they felt during the beginning of puberty. But I think the soreness is more associated to herbs than magnet use.

I have gotten several comments from family that my breasts are looking bigger though!!
I feel like even though i've been using the magnets for a very short time they are already filling out the tops of my breasts more-- creating more cleavage.
Whether I'm using the correct pole or not, I'm still unsure about. It seems like everyone has a different opinion on this. I'm going to keep looking into it and wait and see...
Also I've never heard about anything unhealthy about the positive side of a magnet. I want grow and lift, so I'm using the positive side.

Moon:
Were you telling me that it's the other way from what I thought, or Clonky?
You've gotten measurable growth from magnets, right?
This is confusing... seems like Siren's ideas completely contradict yours?

Dixieland:
I bet it doesnt really matter how tight the bra is. I really doubt a tight bra will make a difference. I'm using the same bra for during the night and day, it's relatively tight, but comfortable.

thanks everyone...
hopefully everything will make sense soon.. Smile

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: First night with magnets! July 12 2008, 12:22 PM

Grace - The statements in your first post and Clonky's first post are wrong. I think Siren's got it wrong too in her last statement.

You just need to know this - the side of the magnet facing the geographical north is *south/positive side *of the magnet** and must be placed facing the skin.

This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jul 12, 2008 12:30 PM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jul 12, 2008 12:26 PM

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: First night with magnets! July 12 2008, 12:50 PM

Oh, and I forgot to answer - yes I got measurable growth with magnets (3 cm), however I'm not sure the magnets were really responsible, I think it might actually be more due to agressive massages cause it feels that I grew connective tissue, not fat or glandular tissue. But it definitely felt like magnets were doing sth beacuse I got growing signs when I never got them before using mgnets, so maybe the magnets enabled the massage to cause growth. The weird thing is that I grew 2 cm at the end of the first month, all in about 1 week, then I only grew 1 cm very slowly over next 3-4 months. Now I'm trying magnets by using them over ngiht or over day (before I did a 3 minutes treatment 4 times a day) to see if this works better.

Need help on how to get the correct side of magnets!
January 2 2008 at 5:01 AM P H (Login Babyboob)
Hi, ladies

I bought some magnets but I have problem in knowing which side is the correct side to face to the skin. I tried by placing two magnets stacked together in my bra with one touching my nipples for each breast while sleeping for two nights but my nipples became so itchy and they finally got irritation with fluid coming out from the areola. So I have to stop the magnets and after a few days' rest, it's getting better now and I wanted to try the magnets again when the irritation is completely over but just want to make sure that I place them correctly and this time I will put them inside my bra to make sure that they don't touch my skin. I used a compass to check the magnets. So is the side attracts the north pointer of the compass the north and I place this side facing my skin? Please give me some advice. Many thanks!

PH

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Need help on how to get the correct side of magnets!
January 2 2008, 5:34 AM

Either side will attract the compass pointer I think, use a bit of string with the magnets either side - dangle this freely. The magnets will align so the negative North pole of the magnets is facing South (which you can check with your compass if you keep it a few feet way from the magnets).

darlene7kids
(Login darlene6kids)
Re: Need help on how to get the correct side of magnets!
January 3 2008, 5:12 AM

o.k This is the easiest way I found to find out the sides of the magnets. I did use the compass (and my husbands help). The south pole of the compass will point to the north, so if you stick the south pole of the magnet against the south end of the compass while you have the needle pointing north, it will attract the needle away from the north, if you put the north pole of the magnet against the compass while it is pointing north it will repel it away.

I need some input about magnets...
July 19 2008 at 1:55 AM Em (Login Emilia109)

Ok, my main goal with NBE is to even out my breasts, so I feel that magnets may be a great way to acheive that. I use the negative side on the one I want to shrink and the positive on the one I want to grow.

Yesterday I had the negative on for about 7 hours straight, and the positive on the first hour and the last hour. I felt the negative right away, it kind of itched and ached a little. I didn't feel anything with the positive until after I took it off the second time, and it wasn't very much. Is this normal? I had thought that I would feel the positive more? The negative is the one that pointed south and the positive is the one that pointed north, or do I have the signs mixed up? I have been looking all over the web for about 2 hours and every other page contradicts the first, so if anyone with experience could let me know that'd be great, I really can't afford to get any more uneven! lol

Also, when I have the positive on too, I get a little bit of a headache and feel nauseated. Is this normal? Will it go away? Should I do the positive by itself instead of at the same time I'm doing the negative on the other one?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I would be very greatful for any answers!

Thank you,
Em

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
Re: I need some input about magnets...
July 19 2008, 4:40 AM

yes it sounds like you have the poles marked correctly (side pointing toward north is positive side for growth). Let me explain why you are finding contradictory information about the poles on the internet. The most common way of identifying the poles is scientific method. But for NBE purposes we refer to the biomagnetic poles (which are the opposite way around from scientific poles).

Different people react differently to magnets. I for one did get some lightheadedness and felt weird and sort of tightness around my neck (hard to explain) the first few times I wore them. It did pass after a couple times. I nolonger have any wierd reactions to them other than a sensitivity to the nickel plating. Sometimes I feel aches sometimes tingles, sometimes itchiness, but almost always feel something usually intermittenly as they are worn. I would wear only for short periods of time until the headach pass.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: I need some input about magnets...
July 19 2008, 12:32 PM

There's sth else that you should know - if you happen to be using the positive pole against the skin on the righ breast and negative on the left, this is actually the position for energising. The effect of this is supposed to be lift and firmenss in both breasts, not evening out. I don't know why or how, but it's what the NBA book says. Despite that in general the negative is supposed to cause shrinkage and the positive growth. Althouh according to NBA the energising position is supposed to be used with the growth position (both positive agaisnt the skin), so I'm not sure what the result would be if you only used the energising. If it really turns out it only has a lifting and firming effect, then maybe the solution would be to use each side separately.

Question for Kieyah (nickel alergy with magnets)
August 8 2008 at 9:40 AM Moon (Login -Moon-)
Hi Kieyah, I remember you mentioned you got a reaction to nickel while using magnets, I'm having this problem now so I was wondering - in your case was just itching or did you get any redness, rash or abrasions? How long did it take to go away? Thanx!

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: Question for Kieyah (nickel alergy with magnets)
August 8 2008, 1:12 PM

Hi Moon,
I wonder if using something between your skin and the magnet would be helpful in this instance. I am thinking some sort of plastic wrap around the magnets. If the magnets are strong and the film is fairly thin it shouldn't interfere with the conduction.

waxingmoon

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
August 8 2008, 5:20 PM

For me it was just incredibly irritating itching and I did have a pimple-like bump on one of them for a few days. I started wrapping a tiny piece of mesh fabric around the magnets that would touch my skin to form a barrier. This worked perfectly, no more itchies and the nipple pimple cleared.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
August 8 2008, 5:36 PM

I was so ''smart'' that I didn't relaize it was more than just growth itching untill I had a rash/abrasion on my areolas. You're right Waxingmoon and I too have started to use a piece of cotton paper arround the magnets. But it's been itching like crazy and I keep hurting myself by scratching. Arrgh I must not scratch. Lol I just need to rant my itchy furstration a bit. :p

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon