Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bovine Ovary vs Herbs

I'm hoping to get a discussion started on which method of breast enlargment is better BO or Herbs. I've read positive and negative things on each. I do not know which is safer or what works better. I also don't know which method gets permanent results if any.

I'm 19 almost 20 for reference. I just want opinions on what you think is the best option. Thanks for any responses. I'm very confused.

~Marie~

I'm a huge herbal fan for alternative ways to heal myself, but in this instance I opted against herbal, when I decided which to go with. It's all about individuals and their concerns, but I will give my reasons why I didn't go with the herbal.

1. weight gain with cellulite
2. hormone overload. ( I had already been dealing with estrogen dominance. I wasn't going to undo all the progress I had made.)
3. I'm considered high risk for breast cancer. It runs in my family at a young age on both sides. I've already had estrogen problems and blindly dumping estrogenics in my system without any type of control just wasn't an option for me in my mind.

4. When reading the boards, I saw so many women complain about only having swelling that would go back down. The few that said they had grown a lot and had kept it had been doing it for years. huge amounts of estrogen in my body unchecked for years wasn't even in my consideration of possible.

So I chose Bountiful breast. I saw pictures that showed real results. I read testimonials that claimed incredible results. I researched it a lot and was really really excited that it produces progesterone to help keep the hormones balanced during the progress. Being very familar with progesterone since I had already been using it, I was pretty much sold. It claimed to help balance my hormones and give me breast. As far as I was concerned it was win, win.

So that's my opinion I have nothing against anyone that goes the herbal route and I always wish them well, it just wasn't for me due to my history.

You'll also find some gals that feel very strongly against using BO for their own reasons. Mostly afriad of mad cow disease, but I've done my research and feel 100% comfortable with my choice of taking it as I'm sure they feel comfortable with what route they chose and that's what's important in this, because if you start stressing over what you're doing for your NBE it can cause it to not work at all.

Mel

I've tried herbal, and it never worked for me. Now I'm doing BO and it's actually working.

I say it really depends on your body. Everyone reacts differently to different things. I think you really have to try them out for yourself to see what works for you. At least that is why you see so many different comments about whether a product works or not.

I've been taking herbs fenugreek, wild yam and saw palmetto since the end of jan and have grown 1.5 inches already. I don't really like the idea of BO but if herbs weren't working for me I would probably consider it.
The only thing I don't really like about herbs is that in some (like saw palmetto) weight gain can be an issue so you have to make sure you exercise and eat right, though I'm sure a healthy diet and regular exercise is helpful for NBE anyway as you're making sure your body is healthy and ready for BO or herbs, depending on which route you take Smile x

If you're concerned about safety I would strongly recommend taking the herbal route. The herbs used for NBE have all been used for centuries in traditional medicine and many of them have been subject to modern studies too. Bovine ovary on the other hand is much more of an unknown and nobody really knows how safe it is to eat the hormone excreting part of a cow, with all the cow hormones that come with it. Whereas with herbs you have some control over what you're putting into your body, with bovine ovary you don't really know exactly what you're putting into your body or exactly how it works on you either. Plus phytoestrogens are a lot gentler than the cow estrogen you're getting from the bovine ovary. It seems that anyone consuming estrogen taken from cows would acknowledge that there is inevitably some risk involved with this, not to mention that there's never been any agreement on how bovine ovary actually works. It would be useful if there were some studies on what bovine ovary does to your body, but there doesn't appear to be any, so it really is a step into the unknown.

Glandular Therapy of all kinds, has a history that goes back as far as the Ancient Greeks and still forms part of traditional Chinese medicine. So, it's not something that's new and unknown. It's actually something that pretty much goes hand in hand with herbal treatments since the same people that began using this route were the very same that also used herbs. In saying one way is better than another or safer than another is completely false. They are both equally a crap shoot. You're messing with your hormones for heavens sakes. It's like two different people having high blood pressure and one person can only get one med to work for them and the other can only get the other to work and both have had bad side effects to the others choice of medicine. It's all about your body, how you perceive things and what your body can tolerate and how it reacts to the things you ingest over a long period of time.

While the majority of doctors today know very little about it, they also know very little about herbs. It's not the accepted method taught in med school, so it's not in their scope of interest. Since herbs are at least a little more talked about, you might be more likely to get a warning from your doc though--Not because they know it to be a problem, but because they don't know ALL of the facts. They know even less about glandular therapies so pretty much don't believe taking it can do anything more than if you ate a steak! It's blinders at it's best.

To clarify something. Glandular therapies are not as simple as "you're loading your body up with Cow estrogen." The majority of glandulars contain nutritional peptides, enzymes, and substances believed to be hormone precursors. Meaning the things needed to help your body make it's own hormones.

Yes, some glandular extracts also contain small, safe amounts of hormones that may contribute to their possible effectiveness. The thymus gland contains thymic hormones which Schulof found may enhance immune response for people with HIV. It should be noted that many substances contained within animal tissues are similar or identical to their human counterparts, including certain enzymes and even T cell gene regions . One advantage of glandulars over herbs is that raw ovine (sheep) and bovine (cow) glandulars often contain enzymes that are identical to those in the human body, while herbs rarely do.

You probably take in more hormones with a simple glass of milk than you do with a dose of BO and it's left over synthetics that were artificially put into the cows by farmers, why do you think women have such crazy hormone problems now? At least the good BO(from New Zealand ect) is synthetic hormone free.

All glandular therapies work off of the thought that "like heals like." It encourages your targeted organs to function at a more optimal level and produce it's own hormones with a lowered risk of overload which is why as I said before it is also used for things such as female infertility and PCOS

Cell therapy has been used successfully to rebuild damaged cartilage in joints, repair spinal cord injuries, strengthen a weakened immune system, treat autoimmune diseases such as AIDS , and to help patients with neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease , and epilepsy . Further uses have shown positive results in the treatment of a wide range of chronic conditions such as arteriosclerosis, congenital defects, and sexual dysfunction . The therapy has also been used to treat cancer patients at a number of clinics in Tijuana, Mexico, although this application has not been well supported with controlled clinical studies.

In September 2002, clinical trials were announced involving a French biotechnology company to develop cell therapy to treat heart disease . The cell therapy program would test the theory that cell therapy could reverse the damage done to heart muscle during a heart attack , stopping progression to congestive heart failure. Another new study was working on ways to use stem cells for patients with diabetes. New trials in 2002 showed promise for tissure regeneration of b-cells, restoring the ability of the pancreas to secrete insulin. Oh and yes, stem cell therapy is also a form of glandular therapy. So you see, there is tons of research out there supporting Glandular therapy and what it can do, you just have to look for it.

So you see, saying one way or the other is safer or more dangerous is just not the case. They both have a long history. They both have clinical trials being done. They both have a handful of doctors that research their uses and what they may help with. They both have had miracle results for people as I'm sure they have both had ill effects for some people. That's just how taking a foreign substance into your body works.

As I said in my first post each persons comfort level on what they will try for nbe is what is important. I will add though that the only way to know what is in your comfort level is better gotten by doing A LOT of research learning to seperate the facts from the fiction.

Mel

History of Glandular Therapy

An old therapy back in Vogue "BEST READ"

Cell Therapy

I too also wanted to try BO. And to what I believe from your question; a lot of people (mainly vegans) don't support that for NBE hence its from a baby cows ovaries. At least that is what the people I have asked told me why. or maybe the herbs worked better for them, not in my case. But... heck! If it will give me biggers tatas.. sory BO's...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon