Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] The hormonal (im)balance test

The hormonal (im)balance test
February 10 2007 at 9:52 AM Moon  (Login -Moon-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To do NBE, you must first know what the conditions in your body are. It is postulated that most women have small breast because of a hormonal imbalance, or that breast can be grown by balancing the hormones.

Here's the test that will give you an idea which imbalance you have:
http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_...etest.html

If you are still confused about which imbalance you have, see this thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/522223/th...mptom+list...

You may also try to get hormone blood tests from your doctor, but generally you will only get it if you have health issues like PCOS. Another option are saliva tests which can be purchased on the internet.

When you know your imabalance, you know which herbs to chose based on their action. For example, if you are estrogen defficient you will go for estrogenic herbs, and androgen blockers are also recomended in this case. If you have estrogen dominance (progesterone deficiency), a progesetronic routine would be better for you, and estrogenic herbs might actually worsen your hormonal symptoms. If you don't have very expressed symptoms, a common estrogenic program would probably be the best for you.

And now a little about herbs: Most herbs used in NBE are estrogenic - fenugreek, fennel (weaker), soy, hops, red clover. Wild yam was thoguht to be progesteronic for a long time, but this is now disputed. The only sure thing is that it's mildly estrogenic. Saw palmetto and nettle root are anti-androgenic (androgen blockers). However SP has a relatively high rate of causing weight gain and celulite. Vitex is a herb that acts directly on the pituitary gland (which supervises all other hormonal glands) and works by balancing hormones and especially by raising progesterone to estrogen ratio, hence it's most commonly used for estrogen dominance. A non-herbal opption for ED is also progesetrone cream (but only for strong to severe ED). A third group of herbs are galactogogues, which stimulate the secretion of prolactin, most important are goat's rue, blessed thistle and fenugreek.
There are many more herbs and all herbs have several actions, so it's recomendable that you do research on each separaetly when necessary (espcially actions and potential side effects). The plant derived oils (evening primerose oil, borage oil, flax seed oil) are an important part of a routine as a source of essential fatty acids, but can have hormonal effects as well.

This message has been edited by -Moon- on Oct 3, 2008 4:51 PM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Oct 3, 2008 4:48 PM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jun 10, 2008 6:16 PM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jun 10, 2008 11:29 AM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jun 4, 2008 9:09 AM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jun 4, 2008 9:04 AM

Edit Message  Delete Message  Lock Thread  Respond to this message   

Author Reply
Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test February 12 2007, 6:32 PM 

PubMed informes me that red clover up-regulates the progesterone receptor. I'm not sure anymore whether this makes RC ''anti-progesteronic'', if anyone has an idea speak up. RC is known to be strongly estrogenic as well.

This message has been edited by -Moon- on Aug 24, 2008 3:54 PM
This message has been edited by -Moon- on Jun 4, 2008 9:06 AM

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Kitty
(Login Kittyluv09) Progesterone imblance....? February 16 2007, 5:13 PM 

Hi all, i'm new to post here, but I really would like to know: if u have excess estrogen aka not enough progesterone, then would using progesterone cream work for growing breasts? For anyone who read Flat to Fab by luceille she says that u use progesterone cream before ur period to balance ur hormones or cleanse urself after 3 months of NBE, so if u used this would it make all the herbs ur taking inactive?? for instance, would Wonderup stop working if you added progesterone to balance estrogen dominance?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test February 17 2007, 9:16 PM 

Honestly, I have no idea, excess estrogen isn't the most frequent imbalance and I have not researched it cause I don't have it, for specific questions like this you ought to post in the main forum. This forum should be only for general information and not get swarmed up with discussions and you would get more people to read your qestions there as well.

Vivian Shih
(Login BabeVi)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test February 21 2007, 11:34 PM 

I came up with estrogen dominance or cortisol deficiency. I am not too sure if these two can be possible together... But thanks for providing the link, very helpful. Smile

Greatest Boobie Love,
Vivian Shih

lynn
(Login mya_wannabe) what is blessed thristle December 7 2007, 1:23 AM 

is it estrogen or pro...

larisa286
(no login) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test December 11 2007, 6:43 PM 

hello, what about borage oil?
thanks

debra
(no login) im balance test December 13 2007, 7:47 PM 

Always consult with your Doctor, before taking any herb. It could inneract with medications or OTC drugs that you are currently taking. Be careful.

dana
(no login) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test January 3 2008, 8:19 PM 

I tend to not take too seriously, ANY info presented online with the purpose of selling me products. Best to ask the family physician instead of self-diagnosin.

oranges
(Login oranges419) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test February 22 2008, 5:00 AM 

Can anyone suggest a good test that you can do through the mail to determine hormonal imbalance? Is i costly to have a doctor do it? I would really like to have lab tested results for this, but I do not currently have health insurance. Any advice? Thanks!

Mandy
(Login Mandy71) Many thanks for the link to the hormone test April 6 2008, 12:01 AM 

A chiropractor I used to go to recommended the menopause book by Dr. John Lee for reading for my mother. My mother was on the progesterone cream for a while, and she didn't experience many hot flashes.

When I get to menopausal age, I will be trying progesterone creams and not the traditional HRT prescribed by most doctors. There are many benefits to progesterone creams if I recall correctly. Thank you for the link to Dr. Lee's site.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test June 10 2008, 11:30 AM 

Updated the info. Smile

Jenn
(no login) Estrogen Dominent July 7 2008, 8:30 AM 

What's a good herb to increase the level of progesterone in your body?

ChinaxDoll
(Login ChinaxDoll) hormone imbalance test July 10 2008, 7:12 PM 

I took the test online and the results were confusing. I may have estrogen deficiency as well as excess estrogen?? =P

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test July 14 2008, 7:29 AM 

Everyone remember that this page is just for reference! I noticed some questions starting to appear, but if you have a question I think it's much better to ask it in the main forum.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test August 18 2008, 9:47 AM 

*******************************************************************************************
********* THIS FORUM IS ONLY FOR RESOURCES. ASK QUESTIONS IN THE MAIN FORUM. THANK YOU. Smile **********
*******************************************************************************************

kittybeth82
(no login) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test August 24 2008, 6:33 PM 

This test seems very vague.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: The hormonal (im)balance test September 5 2008, 7:57 AM 

Well yes, the test can't give you a straight out answer, it just helps to give you a clue. To be sure, you would have to have a blood test. However, simplified we could say that huge aweful PMS = estrogen dominance. Not much PMS but other hormonal problems = estrgogen deficiency.

stellaH
(Login stellaH) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test November 21 2008, 5:15 PM 

I've copied and paste this link but it don't work?

BlackDiamond27
(Login BlackDiamond27) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test March 1 2009, 2:58 AM 

I came out progesterone deficiency and estrogen dominance which I knew it would b/c I have PCOS which is progesterone defect and estrogen dominance.I use Vitex for 2 months now and love it.

BlackDiamond27
(Login BlackDiamond27) Re: The hormonal (im)balance test March 1 2009, 2:59 AM 

I came out progesterone deficiency and estrogen dominance which I knew it would b/c I have PCOS which is progesterone defect and estrogen dominance.I use Vitex for 2 months now and love it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon