Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Risky to combine Fenugreek and Grow Yours

Risky to combine Fenugreek and Grow Yours
August 8 2007 at 10:05 PM
Fennel Fairy (Login fennelfairy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't seem like a lot of you are doing GY anymore, but anyhow:

To start lactating, one needs prolactin and oxytocin. The GY massage will raise the prolactin levels to a point where the woman isn't lactating but close to it. I know some ladies that have been on the GY program combined this with herbs for NBE. I would like to advice against using fenugreek in combination with the GY program.

In addition to diosgenin, fenugreek also contains compounds with oxytocin activity, a hormone that induces milk letdown in humans and animals. Since oxytocin is responsible for the milk ejection reflex, perhaps these oxytocin-like compounds in fenugreek might make someone who is doing the GY type massages start lactating since they already have high levels of prolactin.

I'm not saying it WILL happen, but there is a risk of going into a full blown lactation if the levels of prolactin and the dose of fenugreek are high enough.

Author Reply
Lost Sheep
(no login) Re: Risky to combine Fenugreek and Grow Yours August 14 2007, 12:06 PM

I think it would be fair to say that there is this risk depending on what massage you use in general if you are taking fenugreek. Because the entire purpose of massage was to raise the prolactin levels, and increase blood flow. I do think there might be a greater chance since GY is so targeted, but then others have started lactating through the different massages listed on the forum as well.

Newbie doing GY
August 10 2007 at 1:06 PM NoBoobsMomX6 (Login NoBoobsMomX6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, hi to everybody. I'm new to the forum although I've been reading it for a while. I started the GY program yesterday. So far I just itch ALOT! Guess I'm getting things stirred up in there! LOL Has anyone tried adding the Euro breast massagers to their program? I'm waiting on one I bought on Ebay. I figured a little extra couldn't hurt! I'm also taking fenugreek and PUERARIA MIRIFICA. I've been on that for a month so I figure, hormonally I should be ready to grow some boobies!! But I noticed fenugreek mentioned here. LOL Any suggestions from anyone on how to make this a great growth process? I might add that I'm addicted to caffeine,(I have 3 kids left at home and babysit 6) I'm not willing to give it up! LOL

Author Reply
NoBoobsMomX6
(Login NoBoobsMomX6) forgot to mention August 10 2007, 1:08 PM

breast fed my last child 4-5 years ago and have always been able to express a little fluid from breast.

Minnie
(no login) Re: Newbie doing GY August 10 2007, 5:34 PM

According to a post above in this forum, fenugreek isn't good to use wit the GY massage if you want to avoid increasing your milk production once again.

welcome to the messageboard btw!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon