Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

a concern about grow yours

a concern about grow yours
May 24 2007 at 7:20 AM jenny (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ladies, i don't want to be overly negative or scare anyone, but would like to share my experience and concerns with you. as i have written before, a few months ago i very foolishly over-stimulated my breasts and induced lactation. i went through mastitis, breast thrush, loss of libido, constant pms-like symptoms and the list could go on and on. the first two ailments were dreadful and i would not wish them on anyone, but they eventually healed. however, i am still suffering from the last two, and then some. i have been very unstable emotionally-it's as if i've become a different person. anyhow, finally last week my doctors have begun to suspect i have a brain tumour (benign, thank goodness), or what is called a swollen pituitary gland. it seems all the intense breast stimulation caused my prolactin levels to sky-rocket -the condition is called "hyperprolactinemia". i will need to take medication to balance my hormones. i am thankful something can be done and that hopefully i will have my happy old self back again.

as i have read about the grow yours programme, i feel a sense of unease. i do not want to scare anyone, but i see a potential for this to create the same problem i am currently suffering. i could be wrong of course, but this is my intuitive feeling. please exercise caution ladies. i learned the hard way that small breasts are much better left alone and appreciated for what they are then to tamper with them and become ill.

please do not become offended.

Edit Message Delete Message Lock Thread Respond to this message

Author Reply
Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: a concern about grow yours May 24 2007, 9:21 AM

I think what you had was probably a rare adverse reaction. If you have ever been pregnant, what was your pregnancy like? This is suppose to rise our prolactine levels, but not so much to cause health complication. Lots of girls get pregnancy symptoms, personally I get only a few moments of slight period-like uterine pain and nothing else. Thanks for sharing and I hope you recover soon!

Edit Message Delete Message

Black Sheep
(Login pinkpurple) Re: a concern about grow yours May 24 2007, 11:23 AM

Hi - very interesting......
I have just been to the doctor today for antibiotics as I have a mastitis like infection in my breast - redness, large hard lump behind nipple etc. I think it has been caused by bacteria getting in through my nipple piercing. A word of warning with the nipple exercises - if you have a small crack or sore ( or piercing) on your nipple infection could get in and cause a nasty reaction, as it has with me. I am also finding my skin seems to be getting looser over the breast I massage most, as though I am massaging away the fat that is there. Ok, the lobe might be growing but are they just replacing the area where the fat was stored before?? I think I will go back to gentle massage, let the fat rebuild and not risk damage to my lobes of milk ducts.
Are any of you girls feeling as though your breast skin is getting looser or is it just me? Mind you I'm only finding this on my smaller less firm boob - the one I massage most.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: a concern about grow yours May 24 2007, 12:11 PM

PinkPurple - its odd, but I guess proves how everyone is different, I actually only notice on my larger, less massaged boob the loose skin. My smaller boob that gets slightly more stimulation is actually very tight and very firm - hence why I think they still look uneven, so I am trying to massage evenly again. Hope your infection clears up relatively quickly, good that you have medicine too. I don't know if the dr. recommended it or not, but when I used to get them while nursing, mine always told me to use warm compressors and massage them a little bit to try and draw the infection out, but this could have been because I was still nursing, don't know, just know they suck.

Jenny- thanks for your concern. I too like Moon am curious as to how your pregnancies went and nursing if you have gone through both. I read everything, but take it all with a grain of salt. Because truthfully alot of women had adverse effects with herbs, but alot still take/try them, same with the BO, and the PM, and even the Brava system. I could have an adverse effect to something, and it could work wonderfully for you - so everything needs to just be thought through, and we need to remember that each body is different. I am sorry to hear that you have gone through such a tough time, and do hope that everything starts to return to normal.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40) Re: a concern about grow yours May 24 2007, 5:17 PM

I too tend to feel that you had a severe adverse reaction. If I remember correctly you induced lactation by nipple stimulation alone, right? What happened to you is something that could have happened to any breastfeeding mom. It was horribly unfortunate. But everyone is different of course. I wish you the best of luck with what the doctors are doing now for you, I hope all will be as good as new soon! :-)

jenny
(no login) re.caution May 24 2007, 6:16 PM

just to clarify a few things . no-i have never been pregnant or breastfed. i am 37 years old, was in great overall health before this incident.hormones seemed great etc. i had been doing a lot of vigorous breast massage prior to incident. neither the gynecologist nor the gp felt my reaction was a mere exception to the rule, but something that can happen to anyone who overstimulates their breasts and elevates prolactin levels. of course, i realize that, who knows, i could have had a pre-disposition to elevated prolactin to begin with.

thank you for your kind wishes. all the best to everyone on this forum!

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: a concern about grow yours May 24 2007, 11:13 PM

Hey Jenny - not to undermine what the dr.s said, as I certainly am no doctor, nor pretend to have extensive medical knowledge - but I would be curious to know if you would have had the same reaction from a pregnancy, without even stimulating lactation through just a massage regime, but just the natural course of pregnancy.
There could be a possibility to it all having to do with breast stimulation without actually being pregnant, and thats why our bodies do things a certain way..........I for one have started back up on herbs (about 2wks now), and am taking Vitex along with Kava for other reasons, and think that the combo I am taking is keeping all my hormones in balance, as I feel better while I am taking them and massaging as opposed to just massaging...................As said before, everyone reacts differently, but thats no reason why we shouldn't post our experiences, thats what these forums are all about.

I really do hope that you get your body back to normal, can't even begin to imagine what you have gone through - its probably been scary.

jrrnny
(no login) concern May 24 2007, 11:46 PM

hi henri,
yes, i am convinced i had such an extreme reaction because of artificially and abruptly triggering lactation. i have no way of knowing if it would have happened if i had actually been pregnant and was breastfeeding. sort of think not. that would have been the proper natural way of going about things... sigh.

i've always had major issues with my breasts being small. in fact, i'm 37 and have never had a boyfriend because i have felt too insecure to face any man ever seeing how i look-not having a perfect enough body etc.

it's been a very emotional issue for me. only now am i learning to accept my body and to realize that i have actually a very beautiful, slim, classical figure. really sad to have wasted all those years feel so inferior.

it makes me so sad how people can bring such psychological and physical pain upon themselves by being too perfectionistic.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: a concern about grow yours May 25 2007, 12:23 PM

Jenny, *hugs* I feel your pain, I really do. I'm kind of the same, trying hard to change, but it's really hard. I might, *maaaybe* actually get over my insecurity of how I look, but I can't accept the fact of being so unlucky I wasn't given what practically every woman gets, boobs, this fact just pisses me off, lol.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS Re: a concern about grow yours May 25 2007, 1:25 PM

Jenny, your Docs are spot on! Same thing happened to a lady on the BeBoard, it can and does happen. One of the risks of elevating the prolactin level. Sorry you have had to go through this, but your Docs are right. This could happen to anyone prone to tumours.

rain20
(no login) Re: a concern about grow yours May 26 2007, 6:14 AM

I remember others remarking on feeling hard disks in their breasts and moodiness. I do not think u have to be prone to tumors for this to happen. Seems the take home message is there is such a thing as too much massage. And we probably shouldnt be too vigorous either.

I think reading about some of the threads on Brava kept me from ordering it. This information is valuable. Since I am not having the greatest results with GY, I was thinking about being a bit more vigorous, now I probably wont.

WiccanWoman
(Login WiccanWoman123)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: a concern about grow yours May 29 2007, 12:27 PM

Jenny I'm sorry you went thru all that you did, everyone has differnt needs and medical issures so whats right for oneperson is not always right for another, it sounds like unfortunatly you are the rare case where massage can't be done. Just as I have a hard time taking herbs. For me GY is a godsend.

I'm also concerned by the fact you may have been doing the your massage too much and too hard. That is why I can not stress enough to you all if you are doing GY stick to the program EXACTLY as directed. Its the way it is for a reason. Just as you all hear about and know to "ramp up" with herbs this is the same principal. Too much too fast of anything is never good. Same goes for the other way around, missing massages or skimping on the time as directed on the GY video will not produce as great of gains as possible.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon