Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Best thing for Estrogen Dominance???

Hi all,
I am most definitely estrogen dominant. There are lots of threads about this when I search the forum but I'm hoping for some current input about the situation. I've started progesterone cream, which from what I read from Dr. Lee will help. I'm curious though, for those of you with this same problem what else do you take that has worked to stop your estrogen dominance symptoms and turn the situation around for you? I'm thinking vitex maybe as a good general supplement? Is it your experience that correcting the estrogen dominance then made your boobs grow? A lot of what we would take for NBE will only boost estrogen, so that's not a good thing! Growth would be great, but definitely second to getting the estrogen issue under control. Please let me know what you think and what you've experienced.
Thanks

I've heard Vitex messes with NBE.
I take dong quai, PC, and wild yam for my estrogen dominance and endometriosis.
I think replacing your body's estrogen with more gentler phytoestrogens would help. I think I may have read that somewhere. I haven't officially started my NBE, so I can't tell you if correcting the ED helps with NBE but that's why I'm thinking it never worked for me before. I've been trying this for a while, and decided to take a break and hopefully balance some hormones with the dong quai and PC. I'm starting in the spring, which I hear is the best time to start a program.

i just discovered i may have an estrogen dominance. I am thinking of taking B6 and Maca for it. i haven't decided. I have been losing a lot of weight, so i am wondering if that may cause estrogen to be higher than normal each cycle. But since i haven't tested, i can't be sure of the levels of my estrogen, they may be low too, but i do have quite a bit of the symptoms of being estrogen dominant, so that is why i may start supplementing for it, and i am hestitating on trying and estrogen NBE increases right now. I may just have to get one of the tests done to find out for sure.

I am not sure, but I think I might be estrogen dominant as well. I have a hard to building muscle, I'm cranky and easily irritated, and I am always tired. Has anyone started their NBE program at all? I was looking at PM and was very interested in it until I thought that I might me estrogen dominant. I'm really confused about what to take for NBE because of this now. Does anyone know what I could use?

http://gynecological-health.suite101.com..._dominance

no i won't start any hormonal program until i get my estrogen in check. i am finding that as it is i am at a pretty high risk for cancer, especially breast cancer according to my online research and family history. i may just have to give up the whole idea of using any supplements at this point and just try noogling.

i have already lost 20 pounds, i am withing a normal bmi range for my height i am at the high end and would like to lose at least 10-20 more pounds

i have reduced and greatly eliminated meat/dairy and sugar

i have started excersizing regularly

my final area of improvement is to research xenoestrogens and try to eliminate them as much as possible from my food/personal care products.

Well, I made an appointment with my doctor to get my hormones checked, so I will hopefully know if I am estrogen dominant or not in a couple weeks. Then, I can know for sure what I should be doing to regulate them and what I can do to make NBE work for me.Big Grin

I have been wondering for a little time now if I have estrogen dominance or a progesterone deficiency. I'm going to the doctor in two weeks, but in the meantime can anyone tell me first hand the symptoms they have had with either of these two or both of these problems

here's a list of symptoms:

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/estrogen_dom.html

About 60 - 70 percent of those symptoms can indicate a whole range of other hormonal issues - including the exact opposite (low estrogen, normal/high progesterone). Of course someone with estrogen dominance might experience all those symptoms but the symptoms are not necessarily an indication of the condition.

When I go through this list and just pick out symptoms that I frequently have or that I used to have, there would be about 20. But I know as a matter of fact that I do NOT have estrogen dominance (repeated blood tests). I have high progesterone and low estrogen levels.

That's why I don't like those symptoms checklists. Please get your blood tested if you can if you suspect something like this.

Edited because I do know that most of you seem to be doing exactly that and I think that's great! This wasn't directed at you personally but rather a comment on the checklist.

Well, I got my results back, and apparently my hormone levels seem to be normal. So, I am not sure what that means for me when it comes to increasing breast size. I was thinking about taking PM, so since I am not estrogen dominant would this be an okay choice? I don't know what path to take now that I know my hormone levels aren't out of whack.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon