Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pm and abnormal menstrual cycle - please help!

Sad 

I've been on pm for a month..

I'm supposed to have my period around the February 10th but I experience brief vaginal bleeding on the 4th..

So my question is, when should I take pm if pm messes up my menstrual cycle???

that's not unusual. 1st day of cycle for 15 days.

Sometimes that can happen

I'm just confused, did my period start already? I'm not sure if that was my period because it only lasted for half a day, my period usually lasts for 4 days...

Hi Valerie

Sometimes you can get a "false start", not unusual.

Oh, okay I see that might be the case, thanks! hmm ill just wait for it to come, I just can't wait to start pm cycle 2 =)

My first cycle on PM was very light, like a day or less, only very light spotting. The next 2 cycles it was super heavy and lasted a full week and one cycle was about 43 days> I do NFP ,and was having real trouble reading my cycles, finding when I actually ovulated. Not a good idea for me! I went off it after that and doing a lot of reading on PM I ended up here at NBE , which is not why I first started taking PM. I bought cheap PM off ebay, don't know if that makes a difference to the better reputation brands like st.herb because I haven't tried it.

I'm pretty sure i didn't even ovulate during the time I was on it, but it was a bit of a nervous few months LOL.

lilac71

uhh-o.. ok so how do I know if it's actually a short period or if it's a false start??? I hope I didn't miss it... And if I did miss it, should I take it the next time my period comes along or just start taking it now? urrg.. so confusing

I also read that women in Papua New Guinea who live traditionally consume lots of wild yam. Their cycles are about 40 days for more in length and they don't have period problems they do however get aggressive and hairy in places you don't want to. So I think these things will change our cycles because they act on the hormone receptors. Eventually you could adjust the dosage and numbers of days that get your cycle back on track, but it might take a bit of fiddling around.

Hmmm how interesting. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I think I should try that, did you try that? Any ideas on how taking less or more pills will shorten or lengthen your cycle? I wonder.. having a shorter or longer cycle, which would be more benificial towards nbe..?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon