Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

More Spider veins - i stopped everything.

hey guys. i was taking saw palmetto, fenugreek, fso, borage oil, fennel. all about 3000 mg a day. except fso.

i have noticed a much bigger amount of spider veins on my legs, even started on my calves. the most shocking thing, it started growing on my face, and i was like NO NO! i stopped everything. i looked it up online, and it was saying it could be caused by birth control or severe hormone change. i have been taking BC for a long time, and it was never a problem. so it had to be the herbs...i never grew anyway. but will continue with massage. this has firmed them up alot. just wanted to share my experience. with all the research i did. i didn't read anything about spider veins increasing and starting to grow on your face. i'm so sad...

I'm sad to hear you had such a bad side effect. Maybe you took too many herbs and it overwhelmed your body. I don't think you should give up on NBE yet. You could try another combination or another method. How about the noogleberry, no hormones involved? That is scary though. Hope it's not permanent.

If they don't clear up for you, there is a treatment that isn't too expensive that will get rid of them. I'm planning to get it done in the next few weeks since I got some major ones during my last pregnancy. There are two treatments to choose from. One is laser and the other is called Sclerotherapy for Veins in which they inject a mixure of salt and suger into the spider viens and it causes them to collapse and disolve.

I was told it will cost about 300 for both of my legs and they are prety bad due to age and babies, so something mild and new might be less.

Oh, also another thing that might help is grape seed extract in doses of about 150 -200 mg a day is suppose to help fade spider viens. I love that stuff, but it never faded mine. I don't know if it was because they had been there so long or what.

The veins are caused by leaky blood vessels, which means lack of bioflavonoids. Hormones like estrogen (e.g., from NBE) and other factors may play a role in the leaks through added stress on the veins, but bioflavanoids are the way the body maintains the vein walls. Here's a bioflavanoid supplement from a good company: http://healthproductsusa.net/30_invisi-vein_health.htm . Any natural source of vitamin C also contains bioflavonoids (but not all synthetic sources). This study confirms horse chestnut reduces problems by constricting veins: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20148408 . The decrease in platelets (temporary leak-patchers)
indicates that this constriction reduced the leaks, though that might not mean a full repair. Covering up the problem with surface solutions instead of dealing with all leaky blood vessels leaves you with poor circulation. Later on in life the platelets are associated with double the risk of heart disease or stroke.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon