Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can any pump be used with a set of cups?

I own Spectra S2 (stationary) and BabyBuddha (mobile) pumps which are originally designed for pumping breast milk. I just watched a video review on the Bosom Beauty and it sounds quite similar to the pumps I have.

I got to thinking -- a pump is a pump, it creates negative pressure. As long as I have tubing and tubing adapters if needed, should I be able to just buy a set of NBE cups and use one of the pumps I already have to build pressure?

Rather than letting it run continuously (as they are originally designed), I would just run the pump until an adequate pressure is achieved and then turn it off. If I don't get an airlock set I can just intermittently bring the pressure back to where it was if needed. 

Has anyone tried this before or otherwise have advice here? Thank you in advance!

Yes people have tried this homemade approach before. As you said a pump is a pump, so there's really no reason why it can't be made to work.

Yes, I have a spectra S2 also and connected it to a pair of Noogleberry breast cups. The vacuum can get quite strong at the top settings leaving red ring marks on your chest so I normally reduce the pressure setting to something more comfortable. But overall it's a convenient way to pump hands free.

Thanks to both of you! Helpful tip, sweetchloe -- I'll keep that in mind when the cups I ordered come in!  Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon