Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help with hormone test

Hi, I'm new here and just got my hormones tested and looking for some advice. I'm a 34 year old cis gender female.  

A little about me first though - I mostly got tested because I was diagnosed osteopenia several years ago. Through improvements in my diet and exercise I've been able to improve my bone density but haven't beat it yet. Through some research I found that this could also be hormone related and I stumbled on this site and thought it would be great if I could grow my breasts some while I'm at it. My breasts have been a little underdeveloped since I had an eating disorder in my early 20s. That is not longer an issue but I feel like I am still suffering some of the consequences years later. 

I got my period the day after I was tested, so I would have been at the end of my luteal stage 

Estrogen - 109.4 pg/ml
Progesterone - 0.49 ng/ml
Testosterone - total 38 - range 9-55 ng/dL

Having a hard time finding exactly what these numbers mean exactly. Been doing some research on suplemement regiments I can should try but wanted to get some clarifications on what my current levels mean.

Progesterone seems very low.  I think you would want a strong progesterone cream.  In hormonal balance forums they often correct an imbalance with 200-300 mg PC, but you may want to test out less to start to be safe.  If you run into any issues you usually want to reduce it back down.  One with 50 or 75 mg per pump may be easier to apply than one with 20 mg per pump or 1/4 tsp. 

After you correct the imbalance you might either reduce it or add pueraria mirifica.  But those starting at a small size often run into issues so I’d err on the gentle side for now and reduce it later.  Unless you don’t seem to be getting any hormonal side effects at all. I think the food list in my signature link could be helpful regardless, and after several months on it programs could be easier if they aren’t from the beginning.

Thank you Joe!

Is there a brand of PC you would recommend? 

Also I had been taking Shatavari for the last few months but stopped a couple weeks before my test to hopefully get more accurate results. 
It seemed to help with my general mood and libido. Would you recommend I keep taking it along with the PC?

I should also add that I have been on nexplanon as my birth control for the last 6 years. Just want to make sure PC won't have any negative interactions

(01-08-2023, 03:52 PM)beanz Wrote:  I should also add that I have been on nexplanon as my birth control for the last 6 years. Just want to make sure PC won't have any negative interactions
Ah, that is equivalent to a very large amount of progesterone already and you might not need anymore.  That might explain why it’s so low.  It’s better to do hormone tests while not on BC nor nbe supplements, about a week before your period.  It’s probably best to start with the foods in my signature link then and go from there.  You might experiment with pueraria mirifica for a couple months and see if it helps or hurts growth, in case the BC progestin is much more than enough to balance out your existing estrogen.  If that fails you might even try a little PC (and no PM) for a couple months to see if you need more in spite of this.  It’s hard to tell because on the day you tested estrogen is supposed to be very low yet you still had a moderate amount.  Another day would have been better.  You can try everything else in the program in my signature as well, though apart from maybe PM or PC it might be a waste to use much herbs until growth gets going and there aren’t any side effects either.  Possibly after several months on the foods.  Or you might get lucky and get good growth without side effects early on.

Any PC with progesterone in the ingredients is fine, but here’s an example of one with 75 mg per pump: https://www.amazon.com/Progesterone-Crea...085KZQT9F/
Like I said you probably don’t need it though.  For PM Ainterol and Purafem are a couple good ones.  For other supplements just make sure they have the strength I mention or similar (50% saponin, etc.)

Ok thank you for that information

So Nexplanon can actually make you test results for progesterone lower? I was expecting the opposite

(01-08-2023, 10:26 PM)beanz Wrote:  Ok thank you for that information

So Nexplanon can actually make you test results for progesterone lower? I was expecting the opposite
It mimics a very high amount of progesterone but it doesn’t show up on hormone tests.  Since it blocks ovulation like most hormonal BC, it also keeps your body from making more than a tiny bit of progesterone.

That makes sense. Good to know. 

Do you have any reference link with that information? I'm having a hard time finding anything that says that the progesterone in Nexplanon doesn't show up on a hormone test.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon