Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Do phytoestrogens really contribute to breast growth?

I know that using high doses of phytoestrogens is quite common, such as missmadscientist's soy and flax method, which is quite popular on this forum. However, the more that I look into it, there are a few things that don't make sense to me.

Phytoestrogens mimic real estrogen by binding into the same receptors that estrogen would. This is why it is believed to reduce the risk of breast cancer, by reducing the amount of estrogen that bind to the receptors. By this logic, it should hinder breast growth, not increase it. I'm not sure why breast growth from phytoestrogens would have any less of a cancer risk than using natural estrogenic methods like PM or BO etc. It seems like whatever method you use, breast growth = increased cancer risk. What is the cancer risk of NBE methods, realistically?

On the same topic, why is it that natural breast growth from puberty or pregnancy doesn't have a risk of breast cancer (at least that I know of), but using hormonal methods have the risk? As someone with a family history of cancer, this is a big concern of mine that's looming on me as I go through my NBE journey. I'd love to know what you guys think.

It is true that phytoestrogens can bind to estrogen receptors in the body, and in doing so, they can compete with natural estrogen. However, the effect of phytoestrogens on breast growth and cancer risk is still an area of ongoing research and debate.

There is some evidence that suggests that phytoestrogens may have a protective effect against breast cancer, by reducing the amount of natural estrogen that is able to bind to receptors in breast tissue. However, other studies have shown that high levels of phytoestrogens can actually promote breast cell proliferation, which could increase the risk of breast cancer.

Regarding the risk of cancer associated with natural breast enlargement methods, it is important to note that the use of any hormonal therapy can increase the risk of breast cancer, as it can lead to changes in breast tissue. However, the risk is not necessarily equal for all methods.

For example, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and oral contraceptives have been associated with a higher risk of breast cancer, while the use of progesterone cream or phytoestrogens has been associated with a lower risk.

As for why natural breast growth from puberty or pregnancy doesn't have a known risk of breast cancer, it may be because these processes are regulated by the body's natural hormonal balance, which is less likely to lead to abnormal growth or proliferation of breast tissue.

Ultimately, the best way to minimize the risk of breast cancer associated with any breast enlargement method is to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet, regular exercise, and regular breast self-exams and mammograms if recommended by a healthcare provider.

(24-03-2023, 01:36 AM)mommymilkers Wrote:  I know that using high doses of phytoestrogens is quite common, such as missmadscientist's soy and flax method, which is quite popular on this forum. However, the more that I look into it, there are a few things that don't make sense to me.

Phytoestrogens mimic real estrogen by binding into the same receptors that estrogen would. This is why it is believed to reduce the risk of breast cancer, by reducing the amount of estrogen that bind to the receptors. By this logic, it should hinder breast growth, not increase it. I'm not sure why breast growth from phytoestrogens would have any less of a cancer risk than using natural estrogenic methods like PM or BO etc. It seems like whatever method you use, breast growth = increased cancer risk. What is the cancer risk of NBE methods, realistically?

On the same topic, why is it that natural breast growth from puberty or pregnancy doesn't have a risk of breast cancer (at least that I know of), but using hormonal methods have the risk? As someone with a family history of cancer, this is a big concern of mine that's looming on me as I go through my NBE journey. I'd love to know what you guys think.

do you have any updates you're willing to share?

(29-11-2023, 02:06 AM)ppayne26 Wrote:  

(24-03-2023, 01:36 AM)mommymilkers Wrote:  I know that using high doses of phytoestrogens is quite common, such as missmadscientist's soy and flax method, which is quite popular on this forum. However, the more that I look into it, there are a few things that don't make sense to me.

Heart I think it all depends on the breasts in question taking the phyto estrogens and which phyto estrogens. While both soy and alfalfa are phytoestrogens, the affects on breast tissue, and binding to estrogen are very different. Soy is extremely powerful. Soy can actually exacerbate PCOS, fibroids, and a host of other things. I know that if I were to be drinking it, it would be a great source of proteins with minimal calories but I would also get a huge jump in cup size  that would be too much for me.

If I was going to have pics  taken I would double up on the soy about a week in advance, but then stop afterwards-same goes for fenugreek, which has actually come up in at least two studies as not some thing you want to take with a family history of breast cancer. Those in my experience of the two strongest for actual rapid gain in size, but they imho come with risks.

But leaving those two out that leaves over two dozen  of galactoglogues and NBEs that are technically phyto estrogens that don’t have any negative studies behind them. Goats rue for example is essentially Metiformin but it’s a plant not big Pharma’s version. While it lowers your blood sugar, it doesn’t have any of the side effects of fenugreek. Alfalfa while not as powerful as goats rue is a great enhancer as well. Heart

do you have any updates you're willing to share?

I think things like fenugreek and other traditional lactation herbs, such as green papaya fruit and milk thistle, don't just work because they're phytoestrogens.

I think that they also boost prolactin levels and help to sensitize breast receptors to the effects of normal estrogen in the body. 

Lots of things that reduce estrogen, such as birth control (which reduces and replaces estrogen in the body with its own chemical) are known to boost breast size for unknown reasons. 

Instead of focusing on analysis what I do is follow a variety of traditional methods that people have given to develop my glands.

(24-03-2023, 01:36 AM)mommymilkers Wrote:  By this logic, it should hinder breast growth, not increase it. 

Not if you're low on estrogen in the first place.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon