Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Goats Rue's Effect on Appetite

I'm already struggling with appetite (if anybody has suggestions on increasing this I'd love to hear it) and I read somewhere that goats rue has been used to decrease appetite, even though I read that high levels of prolactin usually increase appetite so that part is pretty confusing.

I recently added goats rue to my program based on BustyP's suggestion and it does seem to be helping a lot but I'm worried if it might actually reduce appetite. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Hi lovely! So goats rue is also good for diabetes the 
"Guanidine and galegine active compound present in goat's rue helps in reducing blood glucose levels."
Reduced blood glucose levels actually increases hunger so I wouldnt worry too much about goats rue impacting for your appetite too much atleast not for decreasing it. If you have other herbs added in along with it like fennel, PM, fenugreek, aguaje etc these all increase appetite and fennel also increases digestion ontop of being calming. Hope this helps  Smile

Yes it does, thank you so much! I'm already on fenugreek and PM but I'll have to look into fennel!

Goats rue (Galega officinalis) is a herb that has been traditionally used for a variety of medicinal purposes, including as a natural treatment for diabetes and to increase milk production in nursing mothers. Goats rue contains compounds that can affect the levels of certain hormones in the body, such as prolactin.

Prolactin is a hormone that is involved in many bodily processes, including milk production in breastfeeding women. While high levels of prolactin can sometimes increase appetite, the relationship between prolactin and appetite is not fully understood and may be influenced by other factors.

There is some evidence to suggest that goats rue may have appetite-suppressing effects in certain individuals. However, more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between goats rue, prolactin, and appetite.

If you are concerned about the effects of goats rue on your appetite, it may be helpful to speak with a healthcare professional or a licensed herbalist. They can provide you with more information about the potential benefits and risks of using goats rue, as well as advice on how to safely incorporate it into your breast enlargement program.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon