Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Post Partum Revival

After some research and investigation my partner is going to start a program. We are excited and looking forward to tracking results to see if we have any success with nbe. The main goal is to revive some post partum boobie sadness. Also, to hopefully even out some of my partner's recent changes in higher anxiety/agitated mood with longer, harsher menstrual cramping each cycle, as well as low libido. 

The plan is:
  • 1800mg MSM daily (NOW brand) 
  • 250mg Reishi mushroom extract daily (label claims equivalent to 1000mg powder - Organika brand) 
  • 2 tbsp organic aloe vera daily (land art brand) mixed in water. 
  • 100mg PM powder daily (ainterol brand) 
  • 2000-3000iu vitamin D3 daily 
  • Daily massage with aloe vera gel 
One question I have for Ainterol is if the potency of the powder differs from the capsules? Does anyone know? My assumption is the powder is the same as what is in the capsules, the capsules are just for convenience. 

I think we will try mixing the MSM and PM powder in some warm whole milk before bed. 

From hormone panel results (re-posted below), progesterone is on the higher side, estradiol is on the lower side, but both still within "normal". Hence we have decided to not start with PC cream and are using PM to try to bring up Estrogen : Progesterone ratio a bit. For the most part we are looking at supplements to help maximize existing pathways to synthesize E from endogenous hormones. 

We're going to start off with MSM, reishi, and aloe massage, which I view as the least likely to cause issues. Barring side effects for a couple weeks we will introduce aloe internally (which may affect GI system), and then next the PM. We plan to track results and other changes at these minimal doses and increase/decrease as needed. 

I have put a lot of weight on info from Lotus' thread, but also aspects from MissMadScientist and tidbits from Surferjoe. 

Plan to take some initial measurements soon. Please let me know if you have any input! We will keep updating periodically. 

Quote:My partner recently got her hormone results back. I am looking for some advice on estrogen vs. Progesterone ratio. Her vales are technically within the “normal” boundaries for each, but estrodiol is on lower boundary, and progesterone is on the higher boundary. The parentheses include the reference values for each below.

First results panel are from day 4:

Estradiol: 139 pmol/L (follicular 77-921 pmol/L)
Progesterone: 1.0 nmol/L (follicular <1.7 nmol/L)
DHEA-S: 1.7 (<9.8 umol/L)
Testosterone: <0.4 (<1.8 nmol/L)
Ferritin: 27 (15-272 ug/L)
FSH: 7.1 IU/L (follicular 3-8 IU/L)
LH: 5.2 IU/L (follicular 2-12)
Cortisol AM: 266 (135-537 nmol/L)

Progesterone was tested again on day 21:
49.2 nmol/L (luteal 4.0-50.0 nmol/L)

I find interpreting these results fascinating. Looking for anyone’s insight. For context, you can read my introduction thread but the tldr is my partner is 35y.o. Cis woman done breastfeeding 4 months ago our 3rd child.

Starting measurements are:
  • Underbust 81cm
  • Bust 90.5cm
We used reddit’s abrathatfits calculator and determined current size is 32D. She recently went bra shopping and found best fit so be 34C (sister size of 32D), so that makes sense. Cycle day 4 currently.

Picked up reishi, starting today. Aloe should arrive today, MSM to arrive tomorrow.

First snag I have hit - I am unsure if I've been scammed by ainterol.us website. The PM I ordered says it has shipped according to them but no update on USPS tracking...just says label created but not in system yet. Only then did I realize they don't have ANY contact info on their site or way to get ahold of them which seems pretty scammy. Buyer beware I guess. 

Does anyone have an alternate PM source that ships to Canada? I was keen on the powder as I want to start with a dose lower than most of the pills.

Still waiting to see if PM shows up. Reading some older posts it seemed that ainterol may come from Germany and not US. I put the tracking number into Google instead of USPS and there appears to be a package coming from Thailand to Canada (where I live). No update to tracking since 27-Feb when it left Thailand but seems like maybe all is not lost. I am anxiously awaiting, maybe a little more hopeful than I was thst something will actually come. Maybe I am just corrupted by expectations of next day delivery with Amazon...

I would still be interested to hear if anyone knows of PM powder that you can get reliably in Canada.

Hey! I found this on amazon just gotta check if it ships to Canada it comes straight from Thailand 

https://www.amazon.com/Pueraria-Mirifica...B08L8TBWKC

[moderator notice - unnecessary quoting removed]

Thank you. Most stuff from Amazon. Com ships here, I think. I'm going to give a couple weeks to see if the ainterol shows up and then maybe I will give your suggestion a try! 

Caught my wife rubbing her boob today and she said it felt tender. Hoping that's a good sign. Fingers crossed all around.

PM showed up! Waiting until next cycle starts before we start it. In the mean time, started taking fenugreek extract that I picked up while waiting for the PM to get here. I think probably will continue the fenugreek until the extract is gone, taking the PM during follicular and the fenugreek during luteal. If you're curious, I made another post about making an extract from seeds, it seems to have worked but I am not certain the potency.

No real results yet on breast. However, I will say that my wife's mood overall seems better, and libido has improved. It may have something to do with me helping with the aloe massages... 

No negative effects yet except that the MSM tastes very bitter. She has also been quite fatigued lately, but overcoming a cold and 3 young kids maybe that's more the norm.

We are about a month in at this point. My wife has been taking the PM for about a week, since about day 4 of her cycle. Starting with a very low dose, about 100mg each day. Continuing with everything else except the fenugreek extract as above. 

So far she is still feeling very tired. I am wondering if there is one supplement in particular that we should reduce dose of? My thinking was that these doses are already quite low. Does anyone else experience fatifue/lethargy/exhaustion from anything in our program? 

No noticeable results in boob department.

Been a while so here's a quick update. PM is quite potent indeed. We were initially planning to do PM during first half of my wife's cycle each month, but figured maybe we could get away with such a small dose for the whole month. Well, tried this for the first month but it completely delayed her period until she stopped taking it. We then took a month off of it altogether to get back to normal. Since then she has been taking a small dose (maybe 100mg-200mg) from day 5-14 of her cycle. This seems to avoid any issues with delayed periods. She has noticed that it has made her periods much more manageable (less cramping pain, less heavy, etc.), which is great.

As far as the other parts of the regime she hasn't been as consistent. I think mostly because she hasn't seen much results. The MSM tastes very bitter and is basically totally unpalatable. Everything else I think she is not that motivated to be consistent with. All this to say, haven't seen any progress on the booby front, really.

(Deleted)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon