Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Is this a good place to start? why the shrinkage?

Hello! I've recently lost a lot of weight and wanted to get my breasts back to how I liked them, so that brought me here! I've read a lot on these forums so far but to be honest it can be overwhelming and hard to figure out where to start. I technically started about 2 weeks ago, and I felt like my boobs were getting really big but I recently had my period and for some reason they seem to have gone down to smaller than they were originally since then! Huh  I've been off my period two days now and they're still much smaller, but they are perkier. Any tips on how to avoid that? I also noticed I'm losing weight faster with these new additions to my daily intake. Here is where I am right now:

In the AM:
500mg BO (taken with warm milk) -stopped when period started, and started drinking soy milk instead

with meal:
1600mg maca
1200mg shatavarti
120 mg ginko biloba (to help with concentration/anxiety)
1200mg flaxseed oil
(added fennel seed when period started, stopped thinking maybe that's why they started to shrink?!) 

Others:
lunch time: vitamin B 
MSM & collagen
vitamin D (prescribed)

I also take meds for hypothyroidism
and high cholesterol (but Im awful at being consistent/unsure if I need it after weight loss)
massage with fenugreek oil

Any tips on what to change, or how to avoid shrinkage? I was so happy with the results the first week and a half Sad

Periods naturally cause shrinkage, though it’s super temporary. I don’t think there’s any way to avoid it except for when some people stop their periods with continuous birth control. 

It doesn’t really affect growth, which can take months, because it’s only related to temporary swelling in the latter phase of the period. That’s why they say you should measure at the same time in your cycle every month. 

If you check on the old WomynWeb site it took like 3 months to see growth.

(20-12-2022, 03:18 PM)Grayson123 Wrote:  Periods naturally cause shrinkage, though it’s super temporary. I don’t think there’s any way to avoid it except for when some people stop their periods with continuous birth control. 

It doesn’t really affect growth, which can take months, because it’s only related to temporary swelling in the latter phase of the period. That’s why they say you should measure at the same time in your cycle every month. 

If you check on the old WomynWeb site it took like 3 months to see growth.

Oh, idk why I thought periods caused more swelling (never really paid attention to mine before)...huh. Good to know!

Thanks, I'll check WomynWeb out! I'd still like to know if I'm taking too many herbals or should add more.

In theory shatavari and fenugreek might not be good for hypothyroidism based on info from some studies.  I’d drop them to be on the safe side, or at least search the forums for others who were in the same boat.  I’d also take it easy to start in general. The foods in my sig thread can be helpful and then if your hypothyroidism and/or general health improves after enough months you might try more herbs.  The kelp mentioned there might be helpful for hypothyroidism too but don’t use much more than what it says, as you might be sensitive to high amounts.

That said, most nutrients like MSM don’t hurt, herbs taken for health rather than nbe may still be good, and 3000 mg is low for maca while 1500 mg may have practically no effect.  So probably 3000 mg is fine, or if it causes issues then go with 0 mg rather than fiddling with less than 3,000 mg.

Flaxseed oil is unlikely to cause any trouble.  1 capsule of vitex is also unlikely to be a problem or might help health, though it also helps nbe only a tiny amount if any too.  Saw palmetto extract is another that may help a little with growth and hormonal health and rarely causes any trouble.

Since you have a larger size near the end of your cycle, as is common, you might get a hormone test around that time (around 3/4 of the way through your cycle) to see if your progesterone is low or estrogen is high.  If so then progesterone cream may be very helpful for nbe and health.  But I wouldn’t use more than 20 mg without confirming with a hormone test as it is very strong.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon