Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE and prednisone

I’m 3 months post partum, breastfeeding, and as expected my arthritis came back with full force after pregnancy and I have now been prescribed prednisone (cortisone) to help with the symptoms. Of course my NBE-crazy self found some research that prednisone in a few cases have triggered macromastia/gigantomastia ? aka; giant mind blowing boobs.

Jokes aside not even I want crazy boobs like that, but I’m curios if anyone smarter than me understands this correlation? In my “research” I also found some may have the opposite effect with elevated testosterone instead.

Anyone with experience of prednisone and breast growt?

(26-03-2022, 07:22 AM)Nefertity Wrote:  

I’m 3 months post partum, breastfeeding, and as expected my arthritis came back with full force after pregnancy and I have now been prescribed prednisone (cortisone) to help with the symptoms. Of course my NBE-crazy self found some research that prednisone in a few cases have triggered macromastia/gigantomastia ? aka; giant mind blowing boobs.

Jokes aside not even I want crazy boobs like that, but I’m curios if anyone smarter than me understands this correlation? In my “research” I also found some may have the opposite effect with elevated testosterone instead.

Anyone with experience of prednisone and breast growt?

Im gunna go out on a whim here and say its probably because its technically a steroid meaning it might trigger growth hormones? I know an ex of mine was on steroidal strength asthma meds as a child and it triggered his body into full blown puberty very very young aka facial hair, body hair etc

That and similar drugs, but it’s ultra rare.  Iirc low single digit number of examples.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon