Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Durga's Journey Into the Valley of Breasts

Jan 22, 2008#1
MY STATS
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120 lb
Measurements: 31" over bust, 30" under bust
Other: two pregnancies, have breastfed one child for 21 months (ended breastfeeding over 1 year ago), I was primarily a lacto-ovo vegetarian until 3 months ago (I now eat fish pretty regularly)

MY GOAL
To gain some growth (ANY healthy, lovely, goodbye to nipples on a rib growth) and fullness in my breasts. I also would love to gain some (healthy, lovely) weight on my thin and lanky body frame.

MY PROGRAM APPROACH
-I will begin conservatively (and with dedication) with only massage, monthly liver cleanses, and with lifestyle and diet adjustments. I will continue with these until I have hopefully gained some weight and balanced my diet and lifestyle until am satisfied with an optimal starting point. I will also get my hormone levels and adrenal functions checked at this time. If all's satisfactory, I will proceed (conservatively) with two NBE specific herbs starting at the lower dosages.

******MY PROGRAM ELEMENTS******

MASSAGE:
-Chi massage, 360 rotations 2x/day
-with borage butter cream (coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, borage seed oil...natural preservatives...essential oils of myrtle and blue chamomile -these two are not specific to NBE, and I may add NBE appropriate e.o's as I feel I need them)
-Vitamin E oil (topically), at the end of massages

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics
-flax oil: 1-2 Tablespoons per day
-borage oil 1,300 mg per day
-vitamin C: 1,000 mg per day
-May consider (natural) progesterone cream...awaiting Dr.John Lee's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause"

HERBS TO START (focusing on liver cleansing and system balancing):
-Ashwagandha (adaptogenic; rejuvenating, tissue regneration, stress reduction, balancing)
-Milk Thistle and dandelion (for monthly liver cleanse)

HERBS TO ADD WHEN/IF APPROPRIATE (will add dosages when/if I start these):
-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree
-others I may consider: goat's rue, maca
-all of the above are tentative, as I'm still researching herbal possibilities that suit my individual concerns

FOODS:
-A balanced whole foods diet and as much water as possble
-I will eat more protein, including fish (salmon,etc.),eggs, tempeh, quinoa, oats, amaranth, cheese, yogurt, beans, lentils, nuts and seeds, etc...
-If I feel my protein intake is inadequate, I will supplement with hemp and whey protein powder.
-Also I will try to include more breast-friendly foods!

LIFESTYLE:
-I will reduce caffiene and sugar
-I've never smoked and drink alcohol only on occasion (never to excess)
-I will aim to sleep 9 hours at night and nap when possible
-Positive affirmations and seeking out/surrounding myself with positive company/energy
-stress reduction: yoga, writing (journal,etc), walks...

ALSO
-I will take a before photo, measure (not obsessively) and purchase a bra (I can't imagine finding one to fit me!) to further track any progress.
-Questions/comments are welcome here on my page (and also on the main message board).

That's it so far. The journey is the destination (but some more cleavage would be nice too)...

Last edited by durga on 7:14 AM - Feb 12, 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Show full history
Edit
Dislike
Pin Topic

Unread postFeb 04, 2008#2
I did say "with dedication", didn't I? The massage has been a little challenging with my mother in town (at our house)-and my curious toddler and husband. "Where's Mama?" frequently echoes from behind the bathroom door...

I'm enjoying the massage "dates" for the most part. The first day, there was a spot of milk on my right breast, so I've been monitoring this. I do NOT want to be lactating right now. No, no, no. I'm amazed that there is still milk present, it's been a year and some months now since I last breastfed. Somewhere in my memory is the possibility of milk up until even 18 months later? Maybe it's the last drops needing to be expressed, or maybe my breasts were just confused at all the attention! I won't go into details, but I think my husband may have something to do with it. Anyway, if I have any more evidence that there is milk production going on, I will have to stop until this has subsided. However, it has not happened since, so...

Getting tingles and "breast awareness" moments. Got to get a measuring tape and bra- I'm reaching the fifth day of my cycle, so that's some motivation to get these items.

Also, I have been battling some gas, and I suspected the Aswagandha. Later, I realized it coincided with (...drum roll...) either buckwheat noodles or tempeh (cymbal clash). Yes, I've had past reactions to soy products. I thought the fermented forms were going well, but maybe I've reached some limit? I'm kind of sick of seeing so much soy around anyway.

Edit
Dislike

Unread postFeb 07, 2008#3
Quote:MY STATS
Other: two pregnancies, have breastfed one child for 21 months (ended breastfeeding over 1 year ago), I was primarily a lacto-ovo vegetarian until 3 months ago (I now eat fish pretty regularly)

MY GOAL
To gain some growth (ANY healthy, lovely, goodbye to nipples on a rib growth) and fullness in my breasts. I also would love to gain some (healthy, lovely) weight on my thin and lanky body frame.

MY PROGRAM APPROACH
-I will begin conservatively (and with dedication) with only massage, monthly liver cleanses, and with lifestyle and diet adjustments. I will continue with these until I have hopefully gained some weight and balanced my diet and lifestyle until am satisfied with an optimal starting point. I will also get my hormone levels and adrenal functions checked at this time. If all's satisfactory, I will proceed (conservatively) with two NBE specific herbs starting at the lower dosages.

MASSAGE:
-with borage butter cream (coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, borage seed oil...natural preservatives...essential oils of myrtle and blue chamomile -these two are not specific to NBE, and I may add NBE appropriate e.o's as I feel I need them)

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics
-May consider (natural) progesterone cream...awaiting Dr.John Lee's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause"

-Ashwagandha (adaptogenic; rejuvenating, tissue regneration, stress reduction, balancing)

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree
-all of the above are tentative, as I'm still researching herbal possibilities that suit my individual concerns

FOODS:
-I will eat more protein, including fish (salmon,etc.),eggs, tempeh, quinoa, oats, amaranth, cheese, yogurt, beans, lentils, nuts and seeds, etc...
-If I feel my protein intake is inadequate, I will supplement with hemp and whey protein powder.

LIFESTYLE:
-Positive affirmations and seeking out/surrounding myself with positive company/energy

ALSO
-I will take a before photo, measure (not obsessively) and purchase a bra (I can't imagine finding one to fit me!) to further track any progress.
-Questions/comments are welcome here on my page (and also on the main message board).

That's it so far. The journey is the destination (but some more cleavage would be nice too)...

I'm still at 1/2 to 1 cup a day of coffee (with sugar...arr! my coveted enemy). Chocolate has been a visitor lately also. The caffiene, sugar, chocolate triad are especially challenging for me. I notice I go for them when I'm tired (of course) or for emotional security. At least I'm more conscious of this. So, a great excuse to start a liver cleanse, no?

My period just ended and I'm starting a five-day cleanse. For the 5 day period, I'm taking:

For liver regeneration:
-Milk Thistle (Blessed Thistle blend, standardized caps): 540 mg per day
Blessed Thistle: 525 mg per day
For liver cleansing:
-Dandelion (root tea): 1,500 mg 3x per day

Also have added to my current program:
-Borage seed oil (caps): 1,300 mg per day

My yoga practice has started again and I've noticed a tremendous break in stress (another NBE enemy). I'm also looking into particular asanas that focus on the adrenals.

Last edited by durga on 10:47 PM - Feb 07, 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Show full history
Edit
Dislike

[/url]
Kekie

Unread postMar 19, 2008#4

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

Durga, I am a similar case to you. I am 37 yrs old 2 births, nursed oldest 14months and the twins very little nursing mostly pumped for 1 year. Iam 5'7" 132lbs thin frame and don't seem to gain weight easily. The big difference is I am 4 months post lactating. I spoke to my OB today at my yearly and she said it takes a year for the milk to dry up. I remember someone on the forum saying it had been 15 months post lactating and saw a drop of milk with massage. If you were like me, you probly had a pletiful milk supply. I believe in Fullness's program she used the BB machine 6 months post lactatiing...if I could be so lucky!!
More power to you to be so dedicated as that is a list of stuff your taking. chocolate is also a weakness of mine. I only drink caffine free sodas, no coffee. I am only doing magnets right now NO massage as I don't want to lactate, but look forward to the day I can give NBE a real go with the herbs. Good luck!
Edit
Dislike

durga

Unread postMar 20, 2008#5

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

Kekie,

That was me who mentioned the (approx) 15 months post-lactation/ drop of milk...lol! (see my second entry above...).

Yes, we have similar stats...I'm glad to hear you are sticking with just magnets for now. Some ladies scare me with their desire to try "ANYTHING and RIGHT NOW (!!!)" You are wise to take a more gentle course.

If it's any consolation, I am still trying to get my starting weight to increase, so maybe you and I will "catch up" with each other by the time we're ready for our respective next steps. My massage has tapered off this month, it's been busy here at home...you probably know what that's like, with three children!

Also, visualization techniques could help you ( and hypnosis, if you're up to that kind of thing). If you haven't already, you might want to look into breast-friendly foods, too (some Asian ladies have had success with just these and massage).

Keep me posted on your progress!

The best to you,
Durga
Last edited by durga on 10:40 PM - Mar 20, 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Show full history
Edit
Dislike

Kekie

Unread postMar 26, 2008#6

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

Oh my gosh I just noticed similar measurements. I am a loose 33' over bust and 30' under bust. I got crazy and ordered some zoft gum (cheap deal on e-bay)and after almost 2 days I felt fuller (not heavier) and saw a drop of milk...how dissapointed I am. I want to do something now besides exercises to build bigger boobs, but I am afraid to take herbs because I don't want to start lactating again. I was thinking about Pueraria Mirifica pills or spray, or geletin...I don't think these would do anything to induce lactation? Anyway good luck on your journey I will be following you rprogress.
Edit
Dislike

durga

Unread postMar 27, 2008#7

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

Kekie,

I haven't researched much about PM, but the gelatin should be fine (a well-known breast-friendly food item). I've never heard about it inducing lactation. Don't know much about the Zoft gum.

I know, it's a challenge to be patient! I, too, am deflated (bad pun, couldn't help it!) about my post-nursing breasts (or lack of). I've always considered myself flat chested, and after the lovely (but bittersweet taste of) "real breasts" during nursing, I couldn't believe I could have gotten smaller! Like, I'm back to my size when I started growing at eleven!! Arrrrggggh! Of course, I am incredibly thankful of the nourishment they brought my son. When I remember this, it barely matters.

However, I don't think I have an unrealistic view of how flat I am. It's embarassing to see ten year olds that are larger than me. It's strange to feel physically like a pre/pubescent (and saggy to boot) after experiencing the fullest immersion of "womanhood". It's a little...ah...disorienting. A mirage of breasts-hey, where'd they go?? Smile

I'm only going into these details in hope that you may not feel so alone. For what that's worth. I, too, feel dissappointment at times, but I also know that physical appearance is a very small detail in the scheme of things. Maybe you don't feel like you were asking for this, but... please be careful and kind with your body...it's worked hard to sustain you and your children. I'm sure you already know this.

Whatever you decide, embark on your ventures continually thanking your body for all it's done along the way (even the withdrawals or deletions!) I truly believe this is key to any sustaining happiness with self-image, no matter what the NBE results.

Pardon the soup of sentiment...

Take care,
Durga
Edit
Dislike

[url=https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/healthforum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2639531]Kekie

Unread postMar 27, 2008#8

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

I feel like were walking in the same shoes. I sat here and cried reading your post thinking how sweet it is and also thinking you are probly just as happily married as I am and this probly doesn't matter to your husband either, as mine always says "I love you just the way you are." I am very thankful that I was able to nurse as my twins were premature, my son couldn't nurse because he was tongue tied and by the time he was well to have his tongue clipped he was 3 months old and used to the bottle...so for a year I pumped through mastitis, several yeast infections and clogged milk ducks. I am so very disatisfied with what is left I didn't think it was possible to get any smaller, not to mention I have an A and a B cup...I think I would be more satisfied if they were both the same size. The magnets don't seem to be doing much as I have been using them for well over two weeks and your supposed to see results in a few days, however I am not massaging due to the fact that I know my milk is not dried up. I am sorry for writing a book but am thankful I have an understanding person who knows how I feel because we seem to be walking in similar shoes, or maybe their the same pair of shoes. (LOL)
Edit
Dislike

Unread postMar 27, 2008#9

MY GOAL

MY PROGRAM APPROACH

MASSAGE:

SUPPLEMENTS:
-multi-vitamin
-probiotics

-Nettles or Saw Palmetto
-Chaste Tree

FOODS:

LIFESTYLE:

ALSO

I feel like were walking in the same shoes. I sat here and cried reading your post thinking how sweet it is and also thinking you are probly just as happily married as I am and this probly doesn't matter to your husband either, as mine always says "I love you just the way you are." I am very thankful that I was able to nurse as my twins were premature, my son couldn't nurse because he was tongue tied and by the time he was well to have his tongue clipped he was 3 months old and used to the bottle...so for a year I pumped through mastitis, several yeast infections and clogged milk ducks. I am so very disatisfied with what is left I didn't think it was possible to get any smaller, not to mention I have an A and a B cup...I think I would be more satisfied if they were both the same size. The magnets don't seem to be doing much as I have been using them for well over two weeks and your supposed to see results in a few days, however I am not massaging due to the fact that I know my milk is not dried up. I am sorry for writing a book but am thankful I have an understanding person who knows how I feel because we seem to be walking in similar shoes, or maybe their the same pair of shoes. (LOL)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon