Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PCOS and NBE

(23-02-2021, 10:47 AM)Lotus Wrote:  My apologies jakay.

Calm yourself, I prefer not to hijack someone's thread, but since you opened the door I'll respond and I will get this conversation split into a new thread. You're not the only trans woman here, as I am too, most are at Breastnexum. I've been on NBE for 3 years and developed a D-cup, then went on HRT for 4 years and am a DDD-cup now. I attached a recent photo where we were discussing how well estrogen cream helps with nipple projection. 

(05-02-2021, 11:10 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Yup, that's me. Maybe this pic isn't a great comparison photo, but it'll do for now.

[Image: hk9nh9sFFph71POzQRnsx_wKYYgkh_N0TXCoul-H...6u8RTpZtQF][Image: CVsNQe44QaQs62zMNad_bmAPwiF2ZE_Rdv3nb0td...ipd_hWFouT]

I see you've had breast augmentation, were you taking spiro.  I'm glad your doctor prescribed progesterone. Spironolactone isn't in a trans woman's best interest. Go to Reddit and look up Dr. Will Powers and read his cutting edge treatment plan, it doesn't include spiro. I used spironolactone and it wasn't for me.

Spironolactone 
Spironolactone is not very selective against other steroid receptors such as AR and PR. In particular, its anti-progesterone and anti-androgen properties lead to unwanted side effects such as gynecomastia, breast pain, menstrual irregularities, and impotence, thus limiting its use [2,11]. 
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/che...onolactone

The Case Against Spironolactone
https://moderntranshormones.com/2018/01/...nolactone/

Spironolactone, an antiandrogen commonly used by trans women in the United States, has been associated with a greater likelihood of seeking breast augmentation.
https://genderanalysis.net/resources/stu...velopment/

Hormonal Treatment of Transgender Women with Oral Estradiol
Spironolactone did not aid testosterone suppression and seemed to impair achievement of goal serum 17-β estradiol levels.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29756046/

Predictive markers for mammoplasty and a comparison of side effect profiles in transwomen taking various hormonal regimens
L J Seal et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012 Dec.
Abstract

Context: Breast development in transwomen is an important issue, affecting general psychological functioning. Current hormonal therapies are imperfect, with 60% of patients requesting mammoplasty.

Interventions: Interventions included the following: 1) comparing the effects on trans women's requests for mammoplasty of estrogen valerate, ethinylestradiol, and conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) hormone treatments; and 2) comparing the effects of GnRH analogs and androgen antagonists.

Objective: The objective of the study was to identify which hormone regimen is associated with the greatest subsequent request for augmentation mammoplasty.

Design: The study was a controlled, retrospective case audit.

Setting: The study was conducted at a single-center National Health Service tertiary care unit.

Patients: Patients were eligible for breast augmentation after 2 yr of estrogen treatment, were Tanner IV or higher breast development, and reported psychological distress due to small breasts. One hundred sixty-five subjects and 165 age-matched controls were identified.

Outcome measure: The outcome measure was a mammoplasty request.

Results: There were significantly more self-medicating individuals than controls in the mammoplasty group (11.5 vs. 6%, P < 0.05). The type of estrogen use did not affect the outcome. Compared with other antiandrogens, spironolactone use was significantly higher in those requesting mammoplasty (4.8 vs. 1.8%, P = 0.002). Thromboembolism occurred in 1.2% of individuals, more frequently in those treated with CEE than in those treated with either estrogen valerate or ethinylestradiol (4.4 vs. 0.6 vs. 0.7%, P = 0.026). Depression was noted in approximately 30% of individuals.

Conclusions: Self-medication with estrogen is significantly more likely to result in a later request for mammoplasty than is treatment prescribed by licensed practitioners. Previous spironolactone use is more common in those requesting mammoplasty. CEE treatment is associated with a higher incidence of thromboembolism than treatment with other estrogen types.

My apologies too Jakay dont let someones mere opinion scare you off something that an actual dr has suggested for you and could really help you in many ways! X Im really not interested in debating since I completely disagree with you I got a BA years back purely for the fact I wanted bigger right away not because I needed it and then grew further to a 36E cup with nbe in a matter of months, just because one dr says something doesnt mean its true for all especially when another that is 30 years in the business of endocrinology states something else, the trans "crew" that lurk over on reddit tend to state many untrue things as fact too so I tend not to indulge in the delusions over there so forgive me if I have not been "up to date" on what other trans women state as fact over on reddit its a pretty toxic place from what Ive seen and doesnt represent our community well imo. Also Im 2 years+ post op so I have not used spiro in a long time so this whole convo is really quite unrelatable to my current situation. Also my T levels were 0.01 when on spiro maybe its because I started everything so young and blocked puberty but yeh again thats proof your studies arent true for everyone I get if you started much later in life though since you would have unfortunately had the negative permanent effects of male puberty. Anyways goodluck with everything x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
PCOS and NBE - by jaykay - 22-02-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Bustyprincess - 22-02-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by jaykay - 22-02-2021, 07:33 PM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Bustyprincess - 23-02-2021, 01:25 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by jaykay - 23-02-2021, 04:44 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Bustyprincess - 23-02-2021, 04:58 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Lotus - 23-02-2021, 06:11 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Bustyprincess - 23-02-2021, 06:40 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Lotus - 23-02-2021, 10:47 AM
RE: PCOS and NBE - by Bustyprincess - 23-02-2021, 12:45 PM