Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Did I ruin my own development in puberty due to bra wearing?

Growing up I was very insecure, I wore a small bra size and I would never take it off except to shower/bath. Even to sleep I would keep wearing my bras. I ALWAYS wore my bras and it was quite tight and small (it did fit my chest, but I hadn't been measured so maybe it wasnt my size). 

Looking back I see this as one of the crucial errors that hindered my growth and development during puberty. Did I mess up, or does it not matter?

Should I be wearing a bra more or less often now? I wear it all day and take it off to sleep. I am still very uncomfortable and too insecure about my breasts to go braless.

I know some people will strongly disagree, but I don’t think bra wearing has any effect on growth during puberty or on breast health in general. A very tight bra might reduce swelling from certain types of NBE, and that might reduce growth, but then again, it might not. I’ve yet to see concrete proof that swelling is necessary for growth, and not just a side effect of certain methods. I wouldn’t worry about such small details. I think it’s very, very unlikely that bras have a noticeable effect on breast growth. Even if wearing a bra during puberty did somehow prevent your breasts from growing as big as they would have otherwise, you can’t change the past, and drawing attention from weird pervs as a child by never wearing bra would not have been worth a tiny theoretical increase in breast size. Keep in mind that most women with very large breasts, were already pretty busty in early puberty. It seems very likely that 99% of them wore bras most of the time to support and cover their breasts during early puberty. That means that every busty women you’ve ever seen probably wore a bra daily throughout most, or all of their puberty. Make of that what you will.

(07-11-2020, 10:58 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

I know some people will strongly disagree, but I don’t think bra wearing has any effect on growth during puberty or on breast health in general. A very tight bra might reduce swelling from certain types of NBE, and that might reduce growth, but then again, it might not. I’ve yet to see concrete proof that swelling is necessary for growth, and not just a side effect of certain methods. I wouldn’t worry about such small details. I think it’s very, very unlikely that bras have a noticeable effect on breast growth. Even if wearing a bra during puberty did somehow prevent your breasts from growing as big as they would have otherwise, you can’t change the past, and drawing attention from weird pervs as a child by never wearing bra would not have been worth a tiny theoretical increase in breast size. Keep in mind that most women with very large breasts, were already pretty busty in early puberty. It seems very likely that 99% of them wore bras most of the time to support and cover their breasts during early puberty. That means that every busty women you’ve ever seen probably wore a bra daily throughout most, or all of their puberty. Make of that what you will.

Thanks for answering. You raise some good points. My main worries about the bra thing are that my bra might have been too small, and I should have at least taken it off to sleep... but it is the past.
I'm conflicted on the bra thing too. I don't really see breast growth being stopped by clothing, otherwise anyone who didn't want to gain weight on their body would just wear a tight piece of clothing over it. As far as I'm aware fat growth doesn't really work like that.

But I do believe that letting them breathe at night has helped the growth a lot since I started doing it.

I agree... unless your bras were as strong as a corset and as tight, I doubt they would stop your breasts from growing larger...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon