Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

NBE and Depression

Hey Everyone,

I've been on here off and on since 2017. Had two accounts, left the first one due to a number of reasons. It might just be my age and my circumstances but I've been feeling really depressed. I have a therapist and plenty of people who support me (though all but my boyfriend lives far away from me which is probably part of my depression), but I wish i felt like I used to when I was a teenager. I mean there's plenty I'm happy to leave behind but I'm about to hit quarter life and I just remember being so hopefully everyday when I woke up because I felt like there was still potential ahead of me. I know nbe is probably making this worse in some way. Realizing that my potential to grow naturally is gone and now I have to work really hard to produce results. I feel like that with the rest of life too. Does anyone relate to this at all? Do you guys have any ways to cope? Positive affirmations perhaps?

Thanks for listening to me!

(23-04-2019, 04:25 PM)imbackagain Wrote:  Hey Everyone,

I've been on here off and on since 2017. Had two accounts, left the first one due to a number of reasons. It might just be my age and my circumstances but I've been feeling really depressed. I have a therapist and plenty of people who support me (though all but my boyfriend lives far away from me which is probably part of my depression), but I wish i felt like I used to when I was a teenager. I mean there's plenty I'm happy to leave behind but I'm about to hit quarter life and I just remember being so hopefully everyday when I woke up because I felt like there was still potential ahead of me. I know nbe is probably making this worse in some way. Realizing that my potential to grow naturally is gone and now I have to work really hard to produce results. I feel like that with the rest of life too. Does anyone relate to this at all? Do you guys have any ways to cope? Positive affirmations perhaps?

Thanks for listening to me!

Hi! 
Im really sorry you are going through this. Admittedly, Im experiencing a similar situation, so you are definitely not alone. I believe that it's the result of a combination of things. Given your current circumstances, NBE will most likely exacerbate emotions, so it's perfectly logical you could be experiencing depression. I experience a mixture of anxiety and depression and have noticed one or the other worsens sometimes, as I'm essentially adjusting hormones through NBE. Im also going through a very difficult period in my life, and as we all know, stress/negative emotions impact hormones. I try to cope through self-awareness and reminding myself that hormones are powerful substances that can significantly affect my mood. Remaining positive, reminding myself of what I have rather than what I don't, and maintaining a big picture perspective often helps. We often get caught up in the daily details of life and hyperfocusing on such can leave one feeling defeated. Just know you aren't alone! You will get through this rough patch and each chapter of your life can be beautiful, but we can't enjoy them if we are focusing on the rear-view mirror. Trust me, Im often guilty of this.
I hope I was able to help a little! Stay strong and know things ALWAYS get better. Smile

Hi Imbackagain.
Its nice to have you back, and its good that you know where to come for a shoulder to lean on.
As I approach the end of my third quarter, I can tell you for sure that life is a wonderful trip!
I always look back too, but not at what I'm glad to be rid of, but of the amazing, wonderful, and beautiful things that have happened.
The people I have known, loved, or just met in passing. The life lessons I store and add to. And the knowledge that the sun will be shining somewhere when I wake.
Like Tiger said, focus on the happy. It takes as much effort to do the 'whoa is me', as it does to to 'WHOA, this is ME'.
So be happy your here, find joy in everything you do each day, and tell yourself life is good.
AND your hormones are messing with you too. Ah to be 20 again.
As for NBE, I'd just try a massage routine, its slow but rewarding and you get to show the girls some love.
Huggs
Bobbi

Thank you both. I’m glad to hear that this is probably due in part to being in my twenties. I don’t want to think I’ll be stuck with this forever! Looking back at the silliness of my thoughts in my teens I’m probably going to feel the same about my twenties. So I’ll try not to work on not feeling so glum. Again thank you both!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon