Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO safe to take during period?

I started taking Bovine Ovary at the end of March and I was wondering if I should cease doing so while I'm on my period? Is it safe or has anyone out there taken it continuously throughout their entire cycle?

(22-04-2019, 08:22 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  I started taking Bovine Ovary at the end of March and I was wondering if I should cease doing so while I'm on my period? Is it safe or has anyone out there taken it continuously throughout their entire cycle?

In Miss. Ellen’s program I read that she start only on 12 th day of cycle and stop at 24th. That makes lots of sense to me.

(22-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Shifa Wrote:  
(22-04-2019, 08:22 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  I started taking Bovine Ovary at the end of March and I was wondering if I should cease doing so while I'm on my period? Is it safe or has anyone out there taken it continuously throughout their entire cycle?

In Miss. Ellen’s program I read that she start only on 12 th day of cycle and stop at 24th. That makes lots of sense to me.

Thanks for the response! I'll check out her program. Is it due to hormones being at their highest?

(22-04-2019, 01:13 PM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  

Thanks for the response! I'll check out her program. Is it due to hormones being at their highest?

I also would like to know this, Tiger Lily!  I've wondered how the BO could still be successful if we only take it for that two weeks out of the month.. it would be wonderful if that would work for us too!!

(23-04-2019, 07:22 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  

I also would like to know this, Tiger Lily!  I've wondered how the BO could still be successful if we only take it for that two weeks out of the month.. it would be wonderful if that would work for us too!!

Absolutely! I cant wait to figure out the puzzle.Well so far, I have been taking it and it's day 4 of my period. Im thinking about not taking it until it's over. I've actually been responding to BO really well and experienced some growth, but since the start of my period I've lost a little. I have to add, however, that I've been unwell lately and haven't been eating as much, so that could be a contributor. I also suspect I have estrogen dominance and have noticed when there is too much estrogen in my system I'll lose some growth. This is a very tricky process, but I've studied nutrition and various supplements for years, so I've compiled a personal NBE program. It's really all about identifying what your body personally needs at the right time.

(24-04-2019, 01:39 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  

Absolutely! I cant wait to figure out the puzzle.Well so far, I have been taking it and it's day 4 of my period. Im thinking about not taking it until it's over. I've actually been responding to BO really well and experienced some growth, but since the start of my period I've lost a little. I have to add, however, that I've been unwell lately and haven't been eating as much, so that could be a contributor. I also suspect I have estrogen dominance and have noticed when there is too much estrogen in my system I'll lose some growth. This is a very tricky process, but I've studied nutrition and various supplements for years, so I've compiled a personal NBE program. It's really all about identifying what your body personally needs at the right time.

So happy that BO is working for you, Tiger Lily!! That's got to be exciting!  
I've only been doing a very small dose of it to start out (200-300 mg a day), but right now I'm having some issues with my period coming early and too heavy bleeding. My guess is that the BO is raising my estrogen higher but I'm not making enough progesterone to compensate for that. Sad I'm in my early 30's and have had low progesterone for quite a while. From the research you've done, what have you seen as the best ways to raise progesterone significantly? I know about using cream and maybe that's the best "natural" option.  I'm a bit concerned since I'm having trouble with "excess" estrogen already at such a low dose of BO, because I know it takes a high BO dose to grow boobies. But I don't know if I could maintain balance with the progesterone if I keep increasing the BO to the necessary dose....  I really want to continue using it because I believe that it definitely can work! I hate to give up before I've even had a fair shot at it.  Sad  
Just in the last few days, I've been thinking about adding in DIM with the BO to see if that could make a difference.. Have you seen anyone else on here using DIM with BO?? If so, did it work to reduce the estrogen dominance?

(24-04-2019, 12:50 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(22-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Shifa Wrote:  In Miss. Ellen’s program I read that she start only on 12 th day of cycle and stop at 24th. That makes lots of sense to me.

I've only been doing a very small dose of it to start out (200-300 mg a day), but right now I'm having some issues with my period coming early and too heavy bleeding. My guess is that the BO is raising my estrogen higher but I'm not making enough progesterone to compensate for that. Sad I'm in my early 30's and have had low progesterone for quite a while. From the research you've done, what have you seen as the best ways to raise progesterone significantly? I know about using cream and maybe that's the best "natural" option.  I'm a bit concerned since I'm having trouble with "excess" estrogen already at such a low dose of BO, because I know it takes a high BO dose to grow boobies. But I don't know if I could maintain balance with the progesterone if I keep increasing the BO to the necessary dose....  I really want to continue using it because I believe that it definitely can work! I hate to give up before I've even had a fair shot at it.  Sad  
Just in the last few days, I've been thinking about adding in DIM with the BO to see if that could make a difference.. Have you seen anyone else on here using DIM with BO?? If so, did it work to reduce the estrogen dominance?

I’ve read that BO actually raises all of your hormones. I’ve read a lot of different things for the actual effects of BO and can’t seem to find a consistent answer yet. 

Some stuff I’m looking into using on my off week to work on flushing out hormones is DIM, milk thistle, and dandelion. I believe they are all safe to use. Though I think the general thought is you shouldn’t try to lower anything (even T) unless you’ve gotten your hormones tested because it can hurt NBE and cause further problems. I keep meaning to myself but it’s so pricey!

(22-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Shifa Wrote:  In Miss. Ellen’s program I read that she start only on 12 th day of cycle and stop at 24th. That makes lots of sense to me.

I've only been doing a very small dose of it to start out (200-300 mg a day), but right now I'm having some issues with my period coming early and too heavy bleeding. My guess is that the BO is raising my estrogen higher but I'm not making enough progesterone to compensate for that. I'm in my early 30's and have had low progesterone for quite a while. From the research you've done, what have you seen as the best ways to raise progesterone significantly? I know about using cream and maybe that's the best "natural" option.  I'm a bit concerned since I'm having trouble with "excess" estrogen already at such a low dose of BO, because I know it takes a high BO dose to grow boobies. But I don't know if I could maintain balance with the progesterone if I keep increasing the BO to the necessary dose....  I really want to continue using it because I believe that it definitely can work! I hate to give up before I've even had a fair shot at it.  Sad  

Thanks girl! It's very exciting because I wasn't sure if it would work for me. I've only been taking 2 caps a day 
( Swanson's). I tried increasing it to three, but it made me break out and emotional, so I scaled back. I am in the same boat as you though! It appears to have slightly thrown off my estrogen/progesterone ratio because my period was heavier this time around. I also struggle with many health problems that Tiebetan Princess dealt with and I believe she was estrogen dominant as well. I think she used progesterone cream and Im contemplating using in the near future. According to Tiebetan, BO is supposed to be really helpful for estrogen dominance, as it has progesterone. Have you tried White Peony? It's supposed to be a hormone modulator, so it should adjust low progesterone. I heard evening primrose oil reverses estrogen dominance, but I've read a few conflicting articles. Adequate zinc and B6 levels are necessary for progesterone formation. Oh and healthy adrenals are CRUCIAL for healthy progesterone levels. My adrenals are in poor shape because I have a brain tumor. My naturopath told me that causes low progesterone because when your adrenals are weak, your body will have a choice to wither manufacture cortisol or progesterone. Well, for survival purposes, your body will opt for cortisol to keep you alive. High cortisol= Weak adrenals and low progesterone. Vitamin C and B vitamins are great for strengthening your adrenals and maintaining a healthy estrogen/progesterone ratio. 

I use DIM!! It's amazing! I only use it when I break out during NBE. It really helps stabilize hormones. I found an intriguing article about DIM and I can post it if interested. DIM appears to be an anti-androgen and it encourages favorable estrogen metabolism, so it leaves room for healtheir forms of estrogen to reside in the body. 

I feel like Im rambling lol But I hope Ive helped a little!

(24-04-2019, 02:38 PM)imbackagain Wrote:  
(22-04-2019, 01:13 PM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  Thanks for the response! I'll check out her program. Is it due to hormones being at their highest?

I’ve read that BO actually raises all of your hormones. I’ve read a lot of different things for the actual effects of BO and can’t seem to find a consistent answer yet. 

Some stuff I’m looking into using on my off week to work on flushing out hormones is DIM, milk thistle, and dandelion. I believe they are all safe to use. Though I think the general thought is you shouldn’t try to lower anything (even T) unless you’ve gotten your hormones tested because it can hurt NBE and cause further problems. I keep meaning to myself but it’s so pricey!

I use dandelion and DIM as well. They have been really helping with hormone modulation. I agree, everyone should invest in a hormone panel at some point, but Im a poor student! Lol 
I got a small hormone panel done when I was a teen and my mom had one done a few years ago. Im using those results as a rough guide. I know it's not ideal, but its better than blindly going into it.

(25-04-2019, 06:01 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  
(24-04-2019, 02:38 PM)imbackagain Wrote:  
(23-04-2019, 07:22 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  I also would like to know this, Tiger Lily!  I've wondered how the BO could still be successful if we only take it for that two weeks out of the month.. it would be wonderful if that would work for us too!!

I use dandelion and DIM as well. They have been really helping with hormone modulation. I agree, everyone should invest in a hormone panel at some point, but Im a poor student! Lol 
I got a small hormone panel done when I was a teen and my mom had one done a few years ago. Im using those results as a rough guide. I know it's not ideal, but its better than blindly going into it.

Hey that’s better than me! I’ve never had one done. I’m no longer a student but loans still loom over me, hah. Glad to hear those all work well for you. I’ll be using them for the first time soon. 

Also I am currently cycling my BO program bc I’m following the routine of others. I’ve seen different arguments for cycling or not cycling. Hope you keep us posted!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon