Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-Androgen Tea

Hi Ladies! So I'm putting together my own testosterone blocking tea! After much much much research, I've settled on three ingredients. I'm using Spearmint leaf, White Peony leaf, and Licorice root. There are many other amazing herbs that can be used for this cause, but those are the three I like the most. I bought them from Mountain Rose Herbs. They sell organic herbs at a great price! 

So this is what I have found through some of my research. I've just clipped this info from other sites and I'm pasting it here.

White Peony- White Peony is brilliant for cleansing and building the blood and can help regulate menstruation and improve the quality of the skin. It is also used to relax muscles and relieve cramps and spasms anywhere in the body. White Peony has a calming effect and is widely used as an emotional stabilizer, especially by women. When combined with Licorice root, White Peony's anti-spasmodic, analgesic qualities are magnified. Its also a top anti-aging herb. 

Licorice- Licorice is a fabulous medicinal herb for so many reasons. It works really well on its own, but has an amazing synergistic effect when used in combination with White Peony.

Licorice is also well-known for balancing blood sugar, and insulin resistance is a major part of PCOS- even lean women with PCOS often have nearly undetectably insulin resistance. 

Licorice also helps with estrogen balance in the body, which can be beneficial for regulating ovulation. Lastly licorice is anti-inflammatory, supportive to the immune system and works as an adaptogen to help with the stress response.

Peony & licorice combination. Peony (Paeonia lactiflora)inhibits the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of the enzyme aromatase, which converts testosterone to estrogen. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)reduces serum testosterone in women and contains phytoestrogens that block androgen receptors. Together, the two herbs have the synergistic effect of normalizing the pituitary gland.

Spearmint- Like peony and licorice, studies have been done to test the efficacy of spearmint for PCOS. Spearmint is shown helpful for reducing androgen hormones like testosterone after only one month of use! When androgens hormones are regulated, it becomes easier to regulate the menstrual cycle. Acne, hair loss and excess body hair growth (hirsutism) may also reduce when androgens are regulated, as the “bad” form of testosterone, DHT, is often the culprit for these issues.

Beyond androgens, the study showed that spearmint also influences ratios of LH and FSH, two pituitary hormones that regulate activity in the menstrual cycle, including follicle (egg) development and ovulation. 

So there you have it! And this is just a little bit of the proven positive information that's out there on these herbs. I've also taken a look at different tea blends for sale that are advertised to help women with high testosterone, and these three are almost always among the main ingredients.

So I made my first cup last night using a teaspoon of each, and I have to say it tasted amazing! Also it made me feel great. I'm very excited to be making this tea a regular part of my life. I'm going to start off with two cups a day, one in the morning and one at night. I also just recently started using BO and PM, but I wanted this thread to just be about this antiandrogen tea. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated (:

If you are still reading this, and have experience with blending herbs, I have a question for you. So I ended up buying 4 ounces of each herb. But each one has a different amount of teaspoon servings. The spearmint has 143 servings, the licorice root has 49 servings and the white peony doesn't say but I'm guessing a little less than the spearmint. My question is, Should I just go ahead and mix them all together to have 12 ounces of mixed up herbs, or should I try to get them closer in servings? I kinds just want to mix them all together which is what I'm probs going to do, but I'd like your thoughts if you've done this before.

Ok ttyl

Téa

(10-02-2019, 07:51 PM)myteatime Wrote:  Hi Ladies! So I'm putting together my own testosterone blocking tea! After much much much research, I've settled on three ingredients. I'm using Spearmint leaf, White Peony leaf, and Licorice root. There are many other amazing herbs that can be used for this cause, but those are the three I like the most. I bought them from Mountain Rose Herbs. They sell organic herbs at a great price! 

So this is what I have found through some of my research. I've just clipped this info from other sites and I'm pasting it here.

White Peony- White Peony is brilliant for cleansing and building the blood and can help regulate menstruation and improve the quality of the skin. It is also used to relax muscles and relieve cramps and spasms anywhere in the body. White Peony has a calming effect and is widely used as an emotional stabilizer, especially by women. When combined with Licorice root, White Peony's anti-spasmodic, analgesic qualities are magnified. Its also a top anti-aging herb. 

Licorice- Licorice is a fabulous medicinal herb for so many reasons. It works really well on its own, but has an amazing synergistic effect when used in combination with White Peony.

Licorice is also well-known for balancing blood sugar, and insulin resistance is a major part of PCOS- even lean women with PCOS often have nearly undetectably insulin resistance. 

Licorice also helps with estrogen balance in the body, which can be beneficial for regulating ovulation. Lastly licorice is anti-inflammatory, supportive to the immune system and works as an adaptogen to help with the stress response.

Peony & licorice combination. Peony (Paeonia lactiflora)inhibits the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of the enzyme aromatase, which converts testosterone to estrogen. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)reduces serum testosterone in women and contains phytoestrogens that block androgen receptors. Together, the two herbs have the synergistic effect of normalizing the pituitary gland.

Spearmint- Like peony and licorice, studies have been done to test the efficacy of spearmint for PCOS. Spearmint is shown helpful for reducing androgen hormones like testosterone after only one month of use! When androgens hormones are regulated, it becomes easier to regulate the menstrual cycle. Acne, hair loss and excess body hair growth (hirsutism) may also reduce when androgens are regulated, as the “bad” form of testosterone, DHT, is often the culprit for these issues.

Beyond androgens, the study showed that spearmint also influences ratios of LH and FSH, two pituitary hormones that regulate activity in the menstrual cycle, including follicle (egg) development and ovulation. 

So there you have it! And this is just a little bit of the proven positive information that's out there on these herbs. I've also taken a look at different tea blends for sale that are advertised to help women with high testosterone, and these three are almost always among the main ingredients.

So I made my first cup last night using a teaspoon of each, and I have to say it tasted amazing! Also it made me feel great. I'm very excited to be making this tea a regular part of my life. I'm going to start off with two cups a day, one in the morning and one at night. I also just recently started using BO and PM, but I wanted this thread to just be about this antiandrogen tea. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated (:

If you are still reading this, and have experience with blending herbs, I have a question for you. So I ended up buying 4 ounces of each herb. But each one has a different amount of teaspoon servings. The spearmint has 143 servings, the licorice root has 49 servings and the white peony doesn't say but I'm guessing a little less than the spearmint. My question is, Should I just go ahead and mix them all together to have 12 ounces of mixed up herbs, or should I try to get them closer in servings? I kinds just want to mix them all together which is what I'm probs going to do, but I'd like your thoughts if you've done this before.

Ok ttyl

Téa
Thanks for sharing. I am drinking spearmint tea once a day. Don't really feel any difference yet. I am also considering adding another herb. If you mix them together, try a small jar first to see if they mix well. If their weights are different, they probably will end up in different layers.

(11-02-2019, 01:14 AM)bosekk Wrote:  
(10-02-2019, 07:51 PM)myteatime Wrote:  Hi Ladies! So I'm putting together my own testosterone blocking tea! After much much much research, I've settled on three ingredients. I'm using Spearmint leaf, White Peony leaf, and Licorice root. There are many other amazing herbs that can be used for this cause, but those are the three I like the most. I bought them from Mountain Rose Herbs. They sell organic herbs at a great price! 

Ok ttyl

Téa
Thanks for sharing. I am drinking spearmint tea once a day. Don't really feel any difference yet. I am also considering adding another herb. If you mix them together, try a small jar first to see if they mix well. If their weights are different, they probably will end up in different layers.
Hi! You are welcome! They mixed very well together actually. I did end up leaving a good amount of the spearmint out, and a bit of the White Peony. It all stays evenly mixed though which is nice. I forgot to mention, I bought these at Mountain Rose Herbs .com... Their herbs are all organic and are sold at a great price. I really do love the three of them mixed together. It's really satisfying to sip. Welp I'm off to bed ?  

Ttyl 
Téa

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon