Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Back at it! PM and PC

(28-06-2018, 12:28 AM)FlatMeow Wrote:  Hi HopefulKitKat,

Congrats on your swelling! I see you had been trying NBR for a few years. I too have been trying although only 6 months. I am at the point considering changing my program to PM from fenugreek, Wy and sp since I am not responding. Not really sure if I didn’t get the dosage right or I am missing some essential herbs. Had you try other herbs before? What’s your thought on PM so far? I remember reading somewhere that calcium will aid PM absorption. You should add that in if you had not have it already! Thanks!

Hi, FlatMeow! Thank you so much! It's still not any growth, but maybe I'm on the right track and several months from now I'll have my very first for-sure gains. I'm hopeful, at least! A HopefulKitKat! hahaaaaaaa....
Incoming essay, sorry! Actually, not sorry. This is my thread, I can write all the long-winded essays I please!

Before I give general advice about whether you should switch to PM, I am noticing that Wild Yam may be your problem... Doesn't Wild Yam need to be synthesized in a lab for its diosgenin to be supplemented as progesterone? From what I understand taking just Wild Yam or its creams that are unsynthesized alone won't do anything. You need USP Progesterone from Wild Yam's diosgenin. Take USP Progesterone from Progesterone Cream, OR go the less extreme route and take Vitex (chasteberry). If you take PC, get one with a measured dosage pump like the one I have, and especially get a thermometer to track your ovulation!
Of course this is all assuming you're taking WY for that purpose. I'm not familiar with its other properties if there are any.

Now, I'm definitely not the one to be giving advice about which programs work, since as you can see I've never made any tangible progress before. ^^;
Years! Years and nothing! :'D
However, I have tried out Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, Spearmint, Vitex, and some other things but... Well, I very much didn't like FG making me smell like syrup, I got embarrassed sooo badly while in school because of it! And Saw Palmetto as mentioned didn't sit well with me; it could be just the specific brand or batch I got, but I don't feel the need to risk another go with it. Vitex never disagreed with me, but I just felt it didn't do anything for me really. Even at the two month mark when it should start kicking in I still didn't feel much. Maybe my progesterone was just too low to see any benefit from Vitex..? Or most likely, I still didn't give it enough time. Either way I was unsatisfied for what I was spending. (Not saying Vitex is bad, I very much so plan on using it again in the future once I finish through using progesterone cream, just to help ease my body back to supporting itself alone.)
I absolutely love PM so far! It's intense, when I first used it some years ago I didn't quite know the proper procedure so I easily got spotting, but even then it never made me feel queasy in any way. Now I feel quite comfortable being able to gauge the proper amount for my body.
And uh, it helped a bit for my concerns in bed.. if you catch my drift *nudgenudgewinkwinkcoughcoughohGodwhyamIsayingallthisIshouldstopnowwhileIcanIwillregretthislater*
Either way, what works for one person most likely won't work for another. It's frustrating I know, but finding what works best for you is key. Some people here really hurt themselves trying to rush into following someone else's program to the T without listening to how their own bodies are responding. What (maybe) works for me may not work for you since my hormones and symptoms are a confusing mess! I got hirsutism and acne yet am skinny with a shapely set of hips and such. I've never taken birth control pills, and my cycles were always extremely regular yet longer than the average and barely hurt (except when I started messing with herbs then I got real pain!). I don't know my hormone levels, and likely you don't either. I love PM but there's many here who wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole! That's a long tangent, but you get my point. ^^;;
Since you're already so long into your program I suppose it's time to change! My approach is to give a program 2 months just to see if it has potential. I don't expect to see any growth until maybe the fifth or sixth month, so where you are now... At least, I noticed most people who gain average out at 1 full cup per year. Those who claim to gain 2 cups in a few weeks tend to come back sobbing saying it's all gone, so what they experienced was likely just swelling. I can't help but doubt it was actually 2 cups anyway, but that's a whole 'nother topic! (Except MissMadScientist's journey with flaxseed and soy, her method seems legit and I totally am planning to do it one day! Katana has a great thread on massaging, too!)
Perhaps read up on here more what the average dose for each herb is, if you haven't already? It's been so long since I bothered with those herbs, I wouldn't know.

Gosh, I'm so all over the place with this. Blush
With all those confusing disclaimers said, if you're really unsatisfied with FG, then I'd say go ahead and give PM a try. Smile Just be suuuper careful with it! Follicular phase after menses only! I'd even suggest finding ways to balance it, so maybe take Maca or Vitex while taking in so much phytoestrogen from PM? It's why I take PC with it, at least. Look into what others take with PM, their herbal cocktails may agree with your body more than mine would. As always, you never know until you try! (Also, eat better if you're not already. My diet is half-awful, but yours doesn't have to be!)

You know, maybe I should take Calcium... Especially since I take so much Magnesium, they need to be in a 1:1 ratio to each other. But Magnesium helps me with my anxiety so much, I don't want to accidentally over-do it on the Calcium since I already get much of it through diet. I'll think about it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Back at it! PM and PC - by HopefulKitKat - 22-04-2018, 08:37 PM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by HopefulKitKat - 23-05-2018, 09:59 PM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by HopefulKitKat - 27-06-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by FlatMeow - 28-06-2018, 12:28 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by HopefulKitKat - 28-06-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by FlatMeow - 30-06-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by HopefulKitKat - 28-07-2018, 03:19 AM
Spotting, oh no! - by HopefulKitKat - 28-07-2018, 03:55 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by FlatMeow - 07-08-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: Back at it! PM and PC - by FlatMeow - 16-09-2018, 06:57 PM