Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stress/depression

I know stress and depression probably doesn't help breast growth or NBE, but I didn't consider until now that it could be an actual cause of blocking growth.  My cortisol and prolactin levels are currently high, which can both be caused by stress alone and it could be affecting all my other hormones.  I just wondered how much this could actually be affecting my growth.  I haven't been happy lately due to personal reasons and my skin is worse than ever and my chest smaller than ever so I'm wondering if that may be the reason.  I didn't think low mood could affect breasts or hormones in this way but perhaps it can.  The problem is, the worse my skin and the more deflated my breasts the more stressed/down I get, so it's a vicious cycle!
Any thoughts/experiences? Has anyone experienced shrinking breasts due to stress or depression?

(17-04-2018, 11:57 PM)Beth-x Wrote:  I know stress and depression probably doesn't help breast growth or NBE, but I didn't consider until now that it could be an actual cause of blocking growth.  My cortisol and prolactin levels are currently high, which can both be caused by stress alone and it could be affecting all my other hormones.  I just wondered how much this could actually be affecting my growth.  I haven't been happy lately due to personal reasons and my skin is worse than ever and my chest smaller than ever so I'm wondering if that may be the reason.  I didn't think low mood could affect breasts or hormones in this way but perhaps it can.  The problem is, the worse my skin and the more deflated my breasts the more stressed/down I get, so it's a vicious cycle!
Any thoughts/experiences? Has anyone experienced shrinking breasts due to stress or depression?

One thing i have learned through a few years of gut issues now is that stress can affect EVERYTHING. Wellbeing, hormones, happiness etc.
The physical reason is that stress (esp with your high cortisol which was pretty damned high) is that stress causes "fight or flight" response in the gut, stops the gut working. I now this cause ive been through some heavy gut stuff of recent years and one thing i learned from the hundreds ive forked out on seminars and gut/microbiome summits is that stress is major stuff. the fact your cortisol is so high id be looking to correct that over and above anything else and then just SEE how that effects the rest of it. Ie gut governs hormones, yep tis true along with all the rest of it.

I'm sorry you're feeling so unhappy lately! What you think and what Ella said are totally true. I was thinking though, could it be the other way round? Hormones can cause depression as well as make your skin break out and limit growth, if they're not balanced the right way.

I don't know your situation, but when I just started on birth control pills I got seriously depressed up to the point of thinking about suicide. Then I checked the side-effects of those pills and it said right there: depression. As soon as I stopped taking them, it was like the light was swtiched on in my mind.

It might be something to consider? I hope you'll feel better soon

(18-04-2018, 07:47 AM)EllaC Wrote:  
(17-04-2018, 11:57 PM)Beth-x Wrote:  I know stress and depression probably doesn't help breast growth or NBE, but I didn't consider until now that it could be an actual cause of blocking growth.  My cortisol and prolactin levels are currently high, which can both be caused by stress alone and it could be affecting all my other hormones.  I just wondered how much this could actually be affecting my growth.  I haven't been happy lately due to personal reasons and my skin is worse than ever and my chest smaller than ever so I'm wondering if that may be the reason.  I didn't think low mood could affect breasts or hormones in this way but perhaps it can.  The problem is, the worse my skin and the more deflated my breasts the more stressed/down I get, so it's a vicious cycle!

One thing i have learned through a few years of gut issues now is that stress can affect EVERYTHING. Wellbeing, hormones, happiness etc.
The physical reason is that stress (esp with your high cortisol which was pretty damned high) is that stress causes "fight or flight" response in the gut, stops the gut working. I now this cause ive been through some heavy gut stuff of recent years and one thing i learned from the hundreds ive forked out on seminars and gut/microbiome summits is that stress is major stuff. the fact your cortisol is so high id be looking to correct that over and above anything else and then just SEE how that effects the rest of it. Ie gut governs hormones, yep tis true along with all the rest of it.

Thanks Ella.  I've got a doctor's appointment next week so I'll show them the result (got it done through Medichecks) and hopefully they can help.  I hope they don't say "just be less stressed" because it's not that simple... but I am trying.  It's just difficult when acne and shrinking breasts are affecting my self-esteem as well as everything else.  Going to try to focus on the positives!  I think I read somewhere that either Maca or MSM can lower cortisol...I think it's Maca which I started today.  So shall see how that goes! Also taking a multivitamin and zinc.

(18-04-2018, 03:20 PM)HazyMissDaisy Wrote:  I'm sorry you're feeling so unhappy lately! What you think and what Ella said are totally true. I was thinking though, could it be the other way round? Hormones can cause depression as well as make your skin break out and limit growth, if they're not balanced the right way.

I don't know your situation, but when I just started on birth control pills I got seriously depressed up to the point of thinking about suicide. Then I checked the side-effects of those pills and it said right there: depression. As soon as I stopped taking them, it was like the light was swtiched on in my mind.

It might be something to consider? I hope you'll feel better soon

Thank you for your kind message. I definitely think I have a hormonal imbalance which is exacerbating my low mood/depression.  I've always been prone to it, but not this bad before.  I've been on and off the pill since I was 18 (for my skin mostly) so I wouldn't be surprised if my hormones are messed up from that :/ Fun fun! I'm looking at ways to balance them out with an adaptogen like Maca and possibly also Vitex.  
Thanks again Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon