Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

White peony consumers - share your experiences here!

(31-07-2017, 11:00 PM)Ashley8 Wrote:  
(31-07-2017, 10:26 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(31-07-2017, 09:12 PM)Ashley8 Wrote:  
(31-07-2017, 03:33 PM)nanakante Wrote:  I see white peony tea a lot. Does anybody know if white peony tea increases estrogen?

White peony root tea should do all the same things as powder or extract form. The problem is finding the actual real form because many times it's just regular white tea. You need it to say, paeonia lactiflora. That is real white peony root. And finding it is very hard, especially organic, and especially tea form. You can find it in powder or root form easier, and then make your own tea. Whatever you find, if it doesn't say paeonia lactiflora, either contact the company to be sure, or just don't buy it. White tea has very different properties than actual white peony root. They don't do the same thing. So just be careful. That's why I chose to get the extract from Hawaii pharm (if/when I buy it) bcuz after tons of searching, its one of the very few options for true white peony and is a great product. I bought my other extracts from there as well. Also, it comes in alcohol based or alcohol free version as well. If you choose to buy an extract for any herb, do your research on alcohol, glycerine, and water base extracts so you can make an informed choice of the best option for urself. I chose the alcohol version bcuz it's actually a very tiny amount of alcohol that is in extracts, and the alcohol extracts more of the constituents/properties that give you the benefits of the herb. It also preserves it longer and kills bacteria. But the glycerine and water offer some benefits as well, and Hawaii Pharm's alcohol based extracts, actually have all three extraction forms in it. So u get the benefits of all of three. Anyways, just look up the pros and cons of each thing b4 you buy extracts. (If you didn't already know all of this lol) 

*That brand is the only true paeonia lactiflora that is organic, that I could find. (That wasn't in root form. And trust me, Bettie and I have looked alottttt! If anyone else finds a true form (especially organic) we'd love to know!
 Ashley, thanks too for the clarification about the differences between alcohol, glycerine, and water based extracts. I sometimes don't seem to do well with alcohol based ones and different brands seem to contain a stronger alcohol than other.. or maybe that's just all in my head.. or mouth, rather.  Lol. I guess if the alcohol based ones are more effective, maybe I should consider using them more often. Anyway, I love the fact that Hawaii Pharm offers both. So many companies don't do that. Nature's Answer does offer many glycerine based ones, but not for everything.
Glad to help. If u want more info just google it, or if u cant find what you're looking for, just lmk and ill dig thru my saved info and find what i have about it. And yes, some brands have more alcohol. Also, some herbs need more alcohol to fully extract all the beneficial properties. Herb Pharm (not Hawaii pharm) offers LOW alcohol options and is also organic. So u can get better benefits than just a glycerin or water based extract, but not as much effects of the alcohol. It wont be as beneficial as the full strength (especially depending which herb it is) but it'll b better than no alcohol and im sure the difference isn't too great as far as benefits. You might want to try reasearching how much alcohol, which herbs need. And go from there. Maybe you could get glycerin based ones for herbs that do well without alcohol, or at least low alcohol. And then regular alcohol content for the herbs that really need it to extract the needed constituents/properties. I was afraid that if I got an herb that really needed alcohol (like oats) but I got a glycerin based extract, I might be taking it for nothing, u know? I'm sure there are still reasons to take those kind of herbs, but what if certain NBE properties don't get extracted with the glycerine based ones, and then it effects my NBE routine. You know what I mean? I figured it was easier to just go with the ones from Hawaii pharm that contain all three extraction forms, and make sure I'm getting everything possible from the herb. Otherwise, you'd have to extensively research each herb to see if you can get all the benefits with just glycerin (or just alcohol for that matter) that both have benefits for extraction. So for me, I just preferred to get all three in one lol. It was just simpler. And I have a very compromised immune system, everything bothers me! Including actually drinking alcoholic drinks. But the amount in herbal extracts is so tiny, I decided to try it, and so far, everything is great. No negative things that I notice, and I've had a bit of growth in about 6 weeks time and I'm having more and more growing pains as time goes on. They actual got more intense when I added the alcohol extracts. The first 4 weeks I was only taking capsules and alcohol free extracts. I did add a couple herbs that I wasn't taking at all before, so that could be it. But obviously they are working very well in the alcohol and haven't negatively affected anything yet. And im taking like 5 extracts, sometimes 6 (not all for NBE, some just for my health issues). But just do your research. If you really are worried about alcohol content, I think you should look into herb pharm for low alcohol options. The ones I saw were like 12-20% which is much lower than average. Some herbs/brands are as high as 90%! Anyways, lmk if u need help with anything, good luck hun.

Sorry it took me a while to respond, Ashley!  But thank you so much for all the info about extraction!  I guess I should consider switching to the low alcohol ones when I can! I'll check out Herb Pharm.

Also I meant to ask you the other day what you're doing to heal your gut?  I'm taking several things for healing my gut also and was curious about your regimen and how your diet is for that..maybe we're doing similar things. (Although I know this isn't a gut health thread, lol, so maybe this isn't the place for discussing it.) Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 26-07-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Tin Hinan - 27-07-2017, 09:15 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by tinydear - 27-07-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Bonny - 27-07-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 27-07-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Bonny - 27-07-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 27-07-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 28-07-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 28-07-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 28-07-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 29-07-2017, 01:57 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 29-07-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 29-07-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 29-07-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 31-07-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 31-07-2017, 10:20 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by KrysLoves - 28-07-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 28-07-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by KrysLoves - 29-07-2017, 02:57 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 29-07-2017, 02:28 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by KrysLoves - 29-07-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by KrysLoves - 30-07-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 31-07-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by nanakante - 31-07-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 31-07-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 31-07-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 31-07-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by NaturalLady31 - 09-08-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Ashley8 - 11-08-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Miss Mad Scientist - 10-08-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by KrysLoves - 11-08-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by bettie32 - 28-08-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by psychodelic - 20-12-2017, 06:48 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by sweetorange - 25-03-2018, 12:37 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by danica - 15-09-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Happyme - 15-09-2018, 12:10 PM
RE: White peony consumers - share your experiences here! - by Happyme - 18-10-2018, 08:47 PM