Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Would increasing estrogen lower testosterone?

(21-03-2017, 11:06 PM)hannah Wrote:  I just want to my opinion on this though putting my finger on te exact way hormones interact which each other is too difficult for me.. Blush Lotus told me the body has a certain.mechanism which you can compare with a thermostate...it adjusts on what we put in...different scenario's can happen.your body canstop or lessen natural estrogen production bc it gets another source from phyto-estrogens. Or it can convert excess estrogen to even more testosteron these are just 2 examples but hormones have many "backdoors" and can convert in so.many ways. I think the easiest way would be to first try an anti-androgen or an aromatase herb..you can always add phyto's later on...or do it the exact other way around. But i can understand to do it good straight away the first time then i really recommend you to take an (very expensive) saliva hormone test.

Ps: I do know from experience that once you influence either testosterone or estrogen you influence them both..how i dont know...but they do something with each other...if theyre balance relies on each other..so you dont have to be that fanatic with anti andorgens, less is often more..

Thank you, Hannah for your thorough reply and advice!

I'm actually glad to know that I don't have to take an anti-androgen, an aromatase, a phytoestrogen all at the same time. Personally, mixing too many things together doesn't sound like a good idea (depends on your body of course and what you can tolerate). Will take a look at which herb/supplement has the less side effects and then decide. It's quite complicated lol. I didn't know that it's best to take a pro-aromatase with astaxanthin for example (until Lotus pointed it out!) so there are so many things that one needs to think about. Certain herbs also aren't compatible with others....

It's very interesting how testosterone and estrogen influence each other....

By the way, do you know why many women seem to take phytoestrogens to increase their estrogen and then they also take something to balance/lower the estrogen? I don't understand the point, is there reason for this? If one doesn't want to become estrogen dominant, isn't it better not to take any phytoestrogens at all?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread