Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

food for thought BC pills and BO

I know the topic of birth control pills comes up very often. It's not a factor for me since I don't need it, BUT while watching a commercial last night something struck me that might need further thought. We have repeatedly told women that BC pills shouldn't effect BO, but may not have taken into consideration the new BC pills that stop periods or make them only occur every 3 months or so.

A large amount of women's growth on BO occurs during the final days before their period, so obviously it requires that paticular phase of the cycle to work for them. If someone knocks their cycles down to every three months like with YAZ, then I think chances are high that they will only have growth every three months, if they by chance wait that long before giving up. If they are on a BC that completely stops their periods, then I would say they risk it not working at all.

Now I know some of the women have reported tingles throughout, and someone that it seems to work that way for, may not have this problem, but for those of us that seem to cycle with our growth it should be taken in as a factor.

Those are just my thoughts and I wanted to make sure I put them out there for those women considering taking BO that are on BC pills. Feel free to join in and add your thoughts to or information you may have on this.

Mel

That makes sense, I do well and retain after this phase.

hmm... i've been on depo, which is progesterone based and essentially stops periods for many women. i had no periods, but previous trials with nbe still worked at least a bit. i stopped depo back in september, and still haven't gotten a period (it can take a long time if you are on the shot for a few years like i was), but get tingles and that "heavy boob" syndrome as i like to call it.

i remember reading that bc can make bo less effective, but not the other way around. i can't back that up with science, though.

By the way,has anyone asked BB how come their pills are progesteron based when they have BO in their pills.I sent them an email few days ago but as usual no reply!

yeah, that was one of the questions i asked bryan at bb when i responded to his email congratulating me. or to be more specific, what creates the progesterone when i don't see anything list in the ingredients list that would. it's been a couple of weeks now and no reply.

(21-01-2010, 01:57 AM)sissy2345 Wrote:  That makes sense, I do well and retain after this phase.

I tried to edit my comment, but the time limit stopped me.....I wanted to add that I do not take BCP, and did not before. Like Mel, I always seem to have my growth spurts with my monthly swell, even with NB. I love it when the couple of lbs of water bloat go away, and I'm left with with a flat tummy and bigger boobs.

--Sissy

flat tummy and bigger boobs... i think you just hit on all of our wildest dreams!

Meh, I actually have to take my BC for 3 months until I get my period because of menstrual migraines. So I may comment later on about how I feel with BO and my 3 month cycles.

Also I have to use these extra estrogen patches to avoid the migraine during my period. My doctor says I have a huge drop in estrogen once my period comes around. Really annoying.:-/

I thought that the birth control pill should be called a regulation pill. I think that it is because of use and impact have been so much broader than contraception alone. The pill has certainly improved control, but the impact on menstruation has been very important for women.

(23-01-2010, 04:49 PM)itsjust4fun91 Wrote:  yeah, that was one of the questions i asked bryan at bb when i responded to his email congratulating me. or to be more specific, what creates the progesterone when i don't see anything list in the ingredients list that would. it's been a couple of weeks now and no reply.

This is fishy! As long as it works I guess I'll shut my mouth and be careful what I ask for lol. Have you gotten a reply yet? :-/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon