Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body Temp

My body temperature seems to be consistantly low (97.4 - 97.8 range) So I am going to go pick up so L-Tyrosine today, but have no idea how much to take?
How long does it take to raise your body temp? And does the generic kind work well or should I go the name brand really good quality route?
Sorry for the list of questions...I've started taking my pills so I need to get my temp up, I sort of feel like I'm wasting pills since my body temp isn't right!

The BB directions that come with the pills says to take 1000mg of L-tyrosine each day and one kelp tablet. It can take a couple of weeks to see a raise in temp sometimes, IF that is the reason your temp is low. Mine never raised which I guess meant it was a cirulation issue and not thyroid, which I guess is why it still worked for me even with a low temp. I hope it turns out your's doesn't need to be worried about either!

Mel

Hi bared, I was in the same situation as you. I've been taking 2 500mg capsules a day and now my temperature has risen to the right range. It took 3-4 weeks and it was gradually increasing after 2 weeks. My brand is Now l-tyrosine, but I believe any brand will do. They all have the same ingredient; l-tyrosine. Good luck.

PS. I am also taking 330mg of kelp a day. I take my l-tyrosine with a 1 hour gap of no food, this is recommended on the bottle.

So should I hold off on the BB pills until my body temp goes up to where it should be?

BB's directions say you should wait if your temp is low. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't since it didn't seem to effect it working for me one way or another. If you are someone that typically has always had a high metabolism and stayed thin most of your life without trying and you know your temp has always been low your whole life as well, then it's more likely your temp is cirulation related instead of thyroid. I'm not going to say always, but the odds are greater.

So, depending on what catagory you fall under go forward from there.

Thanks for the input. I have always had a high metabolism, not really ever having a problem with weight, but my body temp I'm really not sure about. The only thing that makes me think it may be linked to thyroid is my mom has alot of thyroid problems and has been on meds for as long as I can remember...If it's hereditary then it could very well be thyroid. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, but I've decided to keep taking the pills for now. Hope it's not a waste!!

I think it is ideal to wait for your temperature to go up, but I couldn't wait any longer. I already had to wait for shipping, lol. Mel has low temperature and it did wonders for her, so it's your call.

I recall a lot of post on the old forum of girls that never could get their temp up and it just wouldn't work for them. So as I said before you really need to take into consideration what could be the cause of your temp problems then make your choice from that. Please don't base it on the fact that it works for me with low temp. I don't think it happens that way very often, but since you guys have already started on it, I guess we will be able to see for ourselves and compare.

try also adding cayenne pepper (in tablet form, so you don't hurt your stomach!!) if you have low temp. it can help with your circulation.

just a thought!

emmie

I was actually thinking of adding cayenne capsules. Would that be effective in helping the pills work? Or does it need to be the L-tyrosine because of the thyroid issue? I would think it doesn't matter how you get your body temp up as long as it goes up? But clearly by all the questions I ask I really have no clue! :p Thank you ladies for being so helpful and with all my questions!! Down the road hopefully I can be as helpful to some other newbees Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon