Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to LOWER sex drive?

Heart 

So over the last three months my sex drive has gone through the roof, I've noticed it always happens as the weather gets warmer.
It's actually becoming a nuisance because (and this is going to sound so stupid) I just can't seem to get enough:$.
I don't want my fiancé thinking he's not good enough or anything like that because he really is amazing.
Does anybody have any tips for lowering libido?

anything that will reduce testosterone..

saw palmetto, green tea.. any anti-androgen should do it Big Grin .

My labido changed when I got married. It is possible to go from daily sex to monthly. Masterbation also drops durring marriage.

(21-05-2016, 08:33 PM)A Little Allelomorph Wrote:  anything that will reduce testosterone..

Actually female libido isn't quite so strictly governed by testosterone. And considering Kat's breast size, I don't think too much T is one of her problems. I don't know of anything Kat can reliably do to reduce her libido without also causing a loss of breast tissue, because it's quite likely her estrogen and progesterone are both on the high side. While that's been great for her breasts, it's also going to cause her to have a high female libido.

I mean, there's no reason she can't still try an anti-androgen, but I think she should be advised to not be at all surprised if it actually increases her libido if anything.

Get a vibrator! Tongue

TMI time! I'm with you though. Maca has given me the sex drive of an 18 year old boy. I've got my hubby taking it too and it's been crazy. My legs hurt.

(24-05-2016, 05:05 PM)echapman Wrote:  Get a vibrator! Tongue

TMI time! I'm with you though. Maca has given me the sex drive of an 18 year old boy. I've got my hubby taking it too and it's been crazy. My legs hurt.

Actually, the TMI contains a good idea. If Kat can get her fiancee to take maca, it could increase his libido and stamina to match her! Why try to take away a good thing when you can instead make it better! Tongue

(24-05-2016, 05:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(24-05-2016, 05:05 PM)echapman Wrote:  Get a vibrator! Tongue

Actually, the TMI contains a good idea. If Kat can get her fiancee to take maca, it could increase his libido and stamina to match her! Why try to take away a good thing when you can instead make it better! Tongue

I will do that, he was taking it for a while but keeps forgetting lol. I noticed that while he was taking it, he lost quite a bit of weight too

My husband started taking it and loved the way it made him feel so much that he takes it religiously now. He lost weight too! He had a little beer belly and now it's gone. I'm jealous lol.

(24-05-2016, 04:47 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(21-05-2016, 08:33 PM)A Little Allelomorph Wrote:  anything that will reduce testosterone..

Actually female libido isn't quite so strictly governed by testosterone. And considering Kat's breast size, I don't think too much T is one of her problems. I don't know of anything Kat can reliably do to reduce her libido without also causing a loss of breast tissue, because it's quite likely her estrogen and progesterone are both on the high side. While that's been great for her breasts, it's also going to cause her to have a high female libido.

I mean, there's no reason she can't still try an anti-androgen, but I think she should be advised to not be at all surprised if it actually increases her libido if anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libido
Sex hormone levels and the menstrual cycle[edit]

A woman's desire for sex is correlated to her menstrual cycle, with many women experiencing a heightened sexual desire in the several days immediately before ovulation,[27] which is her peak fertility period, which normally occurs two days before until two days after the ovulation.[28] This cycle has been associated with changes in a woman's testosterone levels during the menstrual cycle. According to Gabrielle Lichterman, testosterone levels have a direct impact on a woman's interest in sex. According to her, testosterone levels rise gradually from about the 24th day of a woman's menstrual cycle until ovulation on about the 14th day of the next cycle, and during this period the woman's desire for sex increases consistently. The 13th day is generally the day with the highest testosterone levels. In the week following ovulation, the testosterone level is the lowest and as a result women will experience less interest in sex.[11][better source needed]
Testosterone[1] (directly correlated) – and other androgens

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/
So, what drives your love machine? A key component is testosterone. As a woman, you don't have enough juice to grow a goatee or develop a burning desire for an Xbox 360; but the amount you do have plays a role in your sex drive, especially just before ovulation (when you're most likely to get pregnant). Every month at midcycle, women's brains signal their ovaries, which create 50 percent of the body's testosterone, to produce a surge of the lust-stimulating stuff.

Testosterone also initiates blood flow that causes your girly parts to become plump and sensitive. This leads to lubrication and, with any luck, one hell of an orgasm (according to Hormones and Behavior, Canadian researchers report that women with higher levels of testosterone climax more often than those with lower hormone levels.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16135662
Abstract

The relevance of testosterone, oestradiol and certain peptides (oxytocin (OT), beta-endorphin and prolactin (PRL)) to sexual arousal in humans is reviewed. In addition to behavioural studies, evidence of distribution of gonadal steroid receptors in the brain and the limited evidence from brain imaging are also considered. Testosterone plays a key role in the adult male, with clear, consistent evidence from studies of hypogonadal and eugonadal men. The roles of testosterone in the development of sexual arousability, and in the aging male, are less clear. The relevance of aromatization and of non-sexual effects of testosterone which might indirectly influence sexual arousal are not well understood. Testosterone in the female presents a more complex, less consistent picture. One possible explanation is a much greater variability across women in responsiveness to testosterone. A 'desensitization hypothesis' to account for the striking gender differences is offered. There is limited evidence of a direct effect of oestradiol on sexual arousability in women. The extent to which testosterone in women acts by conversion to oestradiol or by increase of free oestradiol is not yet clear. The role of peptides in sexual arousal remains uncertain, partly because of the multiple roles and sites of action of most peptides. OT and beta-endorphin appear to have both excitatory and inhibitory effects. PRL has been proposed as an inhibitory factor via direct inhibition of dopaminergic activity, but the evidence for this is inconclusive. Whereas the traditional concept of 'hormone' continues to apply to the role of testosterone and oestradiol in sexual arousal, peptides present a more complex role.

need I go on? Dodgy

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon