Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone tried CoolSculpting?

Has anyone tried CoolSculpting...the real patented process with office visits and all? Happy with the results?

What about DIY Cool Sculpting with ice packs and such? See any results from that to speak of?

Of course those who are in the business of former basically say the latter will not work. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The whole idea of CoolSculpting was taken from popsicles giving dimples in people's cheeks.

I've not done it and do not plan to ever. I've researched it and many other means of body remodeling, including other things to do with changing the composition of body fat.

What I've decided is I'll do a fat transfer if I ever get the money and am thin enough at that time. While fat transfer MAY end up still losing some fat cells, most cells are retained and merely moved to other parts of the body. My plan is to have cells removed from the inside of my thighs, and from my upper abdomen and front lower abdomen and transferred to my breasts, hips, and butt trying to maintain equal proportions in each.

CoolSculpting on the other hand, permanently kills fat cells, you do not grow them back, and the body compensates by storing more fat in the cells that are left in other parts of the body. It's more of a brute force method, and as such, does not allow for finer detail like fat transfer does. Even fat transfer does not allow for very fine detail, but it's as good as it gets from my research.

I forgot to mention I might also have them put a little in my face to soften my facial features... but I'd need to ask them about how they'd do that in the consultation first before I actually go through with that. The other places I mentioned transferring to, and the places I mentioned taking it from, it's pretty standard where the needle insertions are done to prevent too much scarring and keep what scarring there is in low visibility areas, different fat transfer surgeons however use different methods when inserting in the face, and I might not be able to find anyone who I'd trust not to mess my face up. Some of them won't even do insertion in the face at all.

I'm pretty sure even professional CoolSculpting doesn't kill off all the fat cells of a particular treated area...likely have to do many repeated treatments on the same area to even come close to pulling that off.

Most people as they age gather "baggage" that gathers and appears on their bodies. Having less of that in most cases seems to be a good thing. I can't imagine that being young and fit and not having yet accumulated that excess is an unhealthy state.

(25-04-2016, 03:33 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  I'm pretty sure even professional CoolSculpting doesn't kill off all the fat cells of a particular treated area...likely have to do many repeated treatments on the same area to even come close to pulling that off.

Most people as they age gather "baggage" that gathers and appears on their bodies. Having less of that in most cases seems to be a good thing. I can't imagine that being young and fit and not having yet accumulated that excess is an unhealthy state.

Have you actually read that much about it then? Because I'm sorry, but it does exactly what I said, it's in the literature even, not just buried in hard to read for most people research papers. The research papers DO bear it up though.

Not much as yet as I only heard about the technique recently. I love research (I'd be interested in reading some of that which you mention on CS and fat cells), but I was more curious about anyone's actual experience with the procedure, and its DIY alternatives.

Honestly, I'm not sure even plentiful research would ever make me comfortable with the idea of fat transfer, for myself.

Re: Cool Sculpting

I'm surprised that having filled out two completely different lead capture forms for info from Cool Sculpting providers in my area that I have yet to hear back from either one.

(25-04-2016, 03:33 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  I'm pretty sure even professional CoolSculpting doesn't kill off all the fat cells of a particular treated area...likely have to do many repeated treatments on the same area to even come close to pulling that off.

Actually, that's exactly what their TV ads say... ;-)
Kills fat cells.

As an adult, your fat cells are essentially "fixed." You're not likely to grow new cells, as I understand. (Research this to make sure, I'm going on 20 years back Biology class.)
So... Eat right, workout right. Same as always. ;-) And workout to burn off the fat you've got. Long view, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

-Dianna

Re: So... Eat right, workout right. Same as always. ;-) And workout to burn off the fat you've got. Long view, it's a marathon, not a sprint

I'm pretty diligent in that regard and exercise daily. I found if I have some basic equipment at home, I do what I need to do every day...without wavering about going to the gym. And I watch what I eat now more than ever. Definitely not pure Paleo (I enjoy carrots lol) but tend to lean towards a higher protein diet.

My aim is to get rid of the excess baggage...and perhaps add a little to the top. Smile

I've found these http://www.target.com/p/igloo-maxcold-natural-ice-1-lb-sheet/-/A-14782302#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=igloo+ice+subsitute work great for the DIY approach described here: http://fellrnr.com/wiki/CoolSculpting

They're made of water rather than gel (Savage's DIY Wiki suggests: Never use gel packs as these are cold enough to cause skin damage).

This atop of a routine of daily exercise with light weights and a pretty healthy diet seems to be making a difference.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon