Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Good replacement for brava dome cleanser?

Hi everyone,

It seems that brava is currently out of business. I'm still using it but am about to run out of dome cleanser. Anybody knows any good replacement for that? Something that basically sanitizes while maintaining the stacky surface and without irritating skin? Much appreciated! Best luck with everyone's journey!

Smile

Hi, I've been using baby shampoo and it's been working out very wll. I would get as mild formula as you can and absolutely make sure to avoid any alcohol content (per instruction booklet)

Best,

(10-04-2016, 11:50 PM)keeraljw Wrote:  Hi, I've been using baby shampoo and it's been working out very wll. I would get as mild formula as you can and absolutely make sure to avoid any alcohol content (per instruction booklet)

Best,

Hi there, thanks so much for your response! I really appreciate it!Smile just to make sure, you are talking about baby shampoo to clean the dome, right? Not the skin? For the skin cleanser, I can see that baby shampoo works well, it works for dome as well? Thanks!

Hi,
I've been using the Brava for 8 wk now (end of 8th today). Yes. Johnson's baby shampoo is thickly creamed on the pad rim. I leave the shampoo on the rims and inside the dome too for about 30 min to 4 hours (to make sure the surfactant kills off any bacteria -this is by the way the BEST way to kill off bacteria). I've NEVER had J&J shampoo fail on me, indeed, except for the very first week, I have had not a single incident of infection or blistering. It is a very gentle cleanser, and yes I also use it to clean my breasts, too.

In my younger years as a grad student and then post doc, I cleaned LOTS of glassware between doing DNA library mining, and gel running, and follow the same lab rules for rinsing glassware:

I rinse the insides and outsides of the domes a minimum of 6 times, until all evidence of soap is gone, gently rubbing the rim free of shampoo. I do this inside the dome, under the rim, on the rim, them flip over and do the outside of the dome.

As I use to tell my undergrad helpers, when the water sheets off of the plastic without forming bubbles, you know the rinse is effective.

I was just in NYC last week for a doctor's appointment at Cornell Weill, and took my domes with me (and admit, I was afraid of the NYC water, as I've been there many times when you could NOT drink it). But I did the same procedure as above for my week stay and still no hint of infection.
-----
As for the non-sting wipes, I go to my local pharmacy for the aloe gel and gentle swipe those around my breasts where the rims will sit. I then use a hair dryer to dry the aloe before it gets a chance to absorb into my breasts. I tend to have a reaction if I don't do that. But again, all is fine. I never get chaffing, but if I do (especially around the cleavage), I use a thin pantiliner between the domes so as to only grab about 1/4-1/2 inch of the dome rim. The plastic paper side goes to the rim, the padded side goes down to keep the breasts from being blistered.

Good wishes on your continuation. Is this a new thing with the Brava website. I too can't seem to get on and I'd gotten such great help from their blog pages. I'm feeling a bit left out in the cold. Is Khouri really killing off his invention?

Zoie

(11-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Zoie Wrote:  Hi,
I've been using the Brava for 8 wk now (end of 8th today). Yes. Johnson's baby shampoo is thickly creamed on the pad rim. I leave the shampoo on the rims and inside the dome too for about 30 min to 4 hours (to make sure the surfactant kills off any bacteria -this is by the way the BEST way to kill off bacteria). I've NEVER had J&J shampoo fail on me, indeed, except for the very first week, I have had not a single incident of infection or blistering. It is a very gentle cleanser, and yes I also use it to clean my breasts, too.

In my younger years as a grad student and then post doc, I cleaned LOTS of glassware between doing DNA library mining, and gel running, and follow the same lab rules for rinsing glassware:

I rinse the insides and outsides of the domes a minimum of 6 times, until all evidence of soap is gone, gently rubbing the rim free of shampoo. I do this inside the dome, under the rim, on the rim, them flip over and do the outside of the dome.

As I use to tell my undergrad helpers, when the water sheets off of the plastic without forming bubbles, you know the rinse is effective.

I was just in NYC last week for a doctor's appointment at Cornell Weill, and took my domes with me (and admit, I was afraid of the NYC water, as I've been there many times when you could NOT drink it). But I did the same procedure as above for my week stay and still no hint of infection.
-----
As for the non-sting wipes, I go to my local pharmacy for the aloe gel and gentle swipe those around my breasts where the rims will sit. I then use a hair dryer to dry the aloe before it gets a chance to absorb into my breasts. I tend to have a reaction if I don't do that. But again, all is fine. I never get chaffing, but if I do (especially around the cleavage), I use a thin pantiliner between the domes so as to only grab about 1/4-1/2 inch of the dome rim. The plastic paper side goes to the rim, the padded side goes down to keep the breasts from being blistered.

Good wishes on your continuation. Is this a new thing with the Brava website. I too can't seem to get on and I'd gotten such great help from their blog pages. I'm feeling a bit left out in the cold. Is Khouri really killing off his invention?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Thank you so much for your detailed and scientific response! Wink It's really helpful. I was in panic when I first found out that Brava was closed about a month ago, and regretted that I didnt purchase enough dome cleanser for another treatment period. After googling this question without finding any useful response, I posted my question here waiting for some response until I saw yours and the previous one. I felt pretty confident to continue the journey now! I too feel it a pity for Brava to close, but I sorta can understand due to its high cost and actual customer service/coaches to answer the phone call, other websites usually only provide response by email... Oh well, at least we purchased our equipment in time, and can use it while waiting to see what happens to brava in the future, maybe theyll reduce their cost and reopen? Big Grin

Thank you so much and best luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon