Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex/chaste berry. Side effects or benefits? Thank you

Oh and sorry my response took so long, I forgot to subscribe to replies to this thread! ?

Hey Ellacraig!

The side effects were mostly a headache and a little nausea. Keep me updated on how the vitex goes for you! It sounds like it takes a few months to start working so it will take some patience Wink

Thanks you guys. I suspect my cycle is going to be early again So vitex hasn't worked yet Sad

Well my cycle was even earlier this month, started day 21. I know vitex takes time and well my body is being attacked by the sibo but having even shorter cycles up is downright disappointing. I realise the gut thing REALLY plays into hor,one production so I guess I truck along with the herbal meds and vitex and hope things stAbilise soon.

I'd be lying if I didnt admit I'm tempted to stop the vitex . Who wants even shorter cycles Dodgy

(19-04-2016, 05:38 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Well my cycle was even earlier this month, started day 21. I know vitex takes time and well my body is being attacked by the sibo but having even shorter cycles up is downright disappointing. I realise the gut thing REALLY plays into hor,one production so I guess I truck along with the herbal meds and vitex and hope things stAbilise soon.

I'd be lying if I didnt admit I'm tempted to stop the vitex . Who wants even shorter cycles Dodgy

I would wait it out a bit, you might confuse your body going on and off of things like that :/ <3

(23-04-2016, 03:29 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(19-04-2016, 05:38 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Well my cycle was even earlier this month, started day 21. I know vitex takes time and well my body is being attacked by the sibo but having even shorter cycles up is downright disappointing. I realise the gut thing REALLY plays into hor,one production so I guess I truck along with the herbal meds and vitex and hope things stAbilise soon.

I would wait it out a bit, you might confuse your body going on and off of things like that :/ <3
oops too late. I haven't taken vitex for two days now and as you say you gotta be consistent Sad

the thing is the herbals for sibo WIPE ME OUT big time so maca is proving to be a good boost that I need.

tell you what though missb this naturopath I have not is AWESOME, shes a teacher too at the naturopathic college. so I have to meet with her in about 5 weeks, il be asking about maca (she did very much approve of vitex btw) but I never asked about maca. il get her opinion on hormone balance etc. she wasn't actually worried about my periods getting shorter at all. Maybe an age thing for me..

(23-04-2016, 08:22 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

oops too late. I haven't taken vitex for two days now and as you say you gotta be consistent Sad

the thing is the herbals for sibo WIPE ME OUT big time so maca is proving to be a good boost that I need.

tell you what though missb this naturopath I have not is AWESOME, shes a teacher too at the naturopathic college. so I have to meet with her in about 5 weeks, il be asking about maca (she did very much approve of vitex btw) but I never asked about maca. il get her opinion on hormone balance etc. she wasn't actually worried about my periods getting shorter at all. Maybe an age thing for me..

okay, I wouldnt start it up again then LOL you have to be careful, taking something randomly quickly and then stopping may cause a slight imbalance but since you only took it for a little bit, I dont think it should be an issue for you-- from what I have noticed about you though, your body seems very sensitive esp to herbs so that's why I figured for you to tread cautiously.

let me know what she says! Maca giving you energy is really good esp if you need it Smile it should level you out and as long as you take it in the morning you shouldnt have issues with insomnia ^_^

(23-04-2016, 08:43 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(23-04-2016, 08:22 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  

okay, I wouldnt start it up again then LOL you have to be careful, taking something randomly quickly and then stopping may cause a slight imbalance but since you only took it for a little bit, I dont think it should be an issue for you-- from what I have noticed about you though, your body seems very sensitive esp to herbs so that's why I figured for you to tread cautiously.

let me know what she says! Maca giving you energy is really good esp if you need it Smile it should level you out and as long as you take it in the morning you shouldnt have issues with insomnia ^_^
Yeh you are bang on . I AM very sensitive but you know what.. I WASNT when I started NBE. I took all sorts of lower rated phytos (or so I thought) and aside from the usual pms type symptons I handled them fairly well. Where as now I feel I developed an INTOLERANCE to all herbs :s
Ive been taking one teaspoon of maca, the most it recommends is 1.5 teaspoon (il go check how many mgs that relates to) BRB...

Yikes that be! One teaspoon 5 grams equates to 5000mgs of 100% Peruvian maca root powder! Funny when I took that brand off iherb
http://nz.iherb.com/Navitas-Naturals-Org...Caps/30873

they were only 500MG per cap and when I took x 2 caps id end up with heart palpitations! So either they were too strong or just a better brand?? cause I take 5000mg now of the organic stuff and I'm fine!

I would recommend NOT taking any more herbs. From what I recall you've had some bad run-ins with them in the past. It is 100% not worth taking nature into our own hands. I would really be careful.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon