Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Quick question about Luteal swelling

Ok so I know luteal swelling is related to the menstrual cycle, I just have a couple of quick questions.
When does luteal swelling happen in the cycle? Is it related to ovulation in any way?
I'm trying to chart an irregular cycle which is quite difficult.

Luteal swelling is just that, it's in the name. It happens in the luteal phase, which is the latter phase, after ovulation, second week of which sometimes is the start of menses, sometimes menses doesn't occur until start of follicular. Ovulation always marks the middle of a cycle.

Thanks Abi.
I didn't know when the luteal phase happened.
I haven't thought about menstrual cycles for 3 years since I had my implant put in.
Am now trying to figure out my cycle Smile

http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/normal-men...rual-cycle

give this a read--

there is follicular, ovulation, luteal phase. After luteal phase menses follows and you get your period. Follicular is after your period and you start over again. It is hard to chart your cycle without a period. Do you get your period at all? I think even on a birth control your body still goes through these cycles. Do you have a BC that stops your period?

the luteal phase is usually known as the PMS phase-- but it is when progesterone rises and women notice hormonal changes like bigger breasts, water weight, things like that.

For me now my cycles have become irregular. The one thing I can rely on is that the day my boobs start to ache is the week pre my cycle starting. I've had the odd cycle where I ovulated say 2-3 days after my period stopped then al, of a sudden the boobs started aching but the aching lasted longer and then I ended up having a super early period.

(26-03-2016, 03:33 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/normal-men...rual-cycle

give this a read--

there is follicular, ovulation, luteal phase. After luteal phase menses follows and you get your period. Follicular is after your period and you start over again. It is hard to chart your cycle without a period. Do you get your period at all? I think even on a birth control your body still goes through these cycles. Do you have a BC that stops your period?

the luteal phase is usually known as the PMS phase-- but it is when progesterone rises and women notice hormonal changes like bigger breasts, water weight, things like that.

Well my BC was supposed to wear off February 4th but I haven't had any period. I've taken two pregnancy tests in the last two weeks, both negative.
On Thursday I had some brownish discharge for a couple of hours or so.
I'm trying to keep track of any physical signals for my cycle but its been so long and I never have been regular in my life its difficult.

(27-03-2016, 02:24 AM)ArcaneKatana Wrote:  
(26-03-2016, 03:33 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/normal-men...rual-cycle

give this a read--

Well my BC was supposed to wear off February 4th but I haven't had any period. I've taken two pregnancy tests in the last two weeks, both negative.
On Thursday I had some brownish discharge for a couple of hours or so.
I'm trying to keep track of any physical signals for my cycle but its been so long and I never have been regular in my life its difficult.

I was just reading up on Femaprin (vitex) AGAIN, I've taken off and on, anyway there's women there who say they've had irregular cycles their whole lives and that within a few months they are having regular periods... Just food for thought.
I took it today and decided to start up again, I can't see any harmful effects of vitex only good.
Il start up a thread about it and see eh....

I second Ella-- there are things out there that can aid in helping you maintain a healthy cycle. 2 things I know that can really effect the cycle are being under or over weight and hormones (IE. high T) when a female has high androgens it can effect her cycle and if she gets a period at all. I heard it takes at least 3 months for a woman to go back to normal, cycle wise, after getting off their BC.. and I also heard women can ovulate as soon as they come off of BC-- so its a shot in the dark.

My advice is to be patient as your body is getting used to being off the hormones and getting back into its natural cycle and also lowering T/androgens and looking for things that can aid in cycle health. IE. vitex, chinese herb medicine, moon cycle teas, etc etc. Smile good luck~!

(29-03-2016, 02:17 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I second Ella-- there are things out there that can aid in helping you maintain a healthy cycle. 2 things I know that can really effect the cycle are being under or over weight and hormones (IE. high T) when a female has high androgens it can effect her cycle and if she gets a period at all. I heard it takes at least 3 months for a woman to go back to normal, cycle wise, after getting off their BC.. and I also heard women can ovulate as soon as they come off of BC-- so its a shot in the dark.

My advice is to be patient as your body is getting used to being off the hormones and getting back into its natural cycle and also lowering T/androgens and looking for things that can aid in cycle health. IE. vitex, chinese herb medicine, moon cycle teas, etc etc. Smile good luck~!

Thanks missB
I know I'm overweight which can affect it, I'm working on getting it back down lol
I was told things should go straight back to normal after the implant wears off. I'm gonna go see a doctor soon if things don't settle down!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon