Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Birth control pills do they harm or help?

Birth control pills do they harm or help?
November 18 2007 at 1:08 AM momtoo6 (Login momtoo6)

I have been debating on going on BCPs and wondering if they will help with NBE or hurt things? If they do help is there any BCPs tht help more than others? Any input would be appreciated.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Birth control pills do they harm or help?
November 18 2007, 5:18 AM

I think they only help if you have underlying hormonal problems as they regulate your hormones and can reduce testosterone. Most people who grow on BCP shrink back down either when their body gets used to it or they come off it. However if you have bad skin / pms / period pain / mid cycle pain etc it can fix all that, will also make your period regular and predictable, lighter and shorter. If your hormones are well balanced naturally the pill may give you headaches, bloating / weight gain / water retention, nausea etc and just generally make you feel unwell or may have no effect at all.

Lara
(Login Lara Lee)
November 18 2007, 9:30 PM

I always thought that taking BCP was a bad thing if you were trying NBE and the pill would interfere and reduce your chances of success, but since I've found this forum I'm no longer sure.

Jasmine
(Login Jasmine.)
November 19 2007, 11:27 AM

I don't know whether BCP harms or helps, but if you must take BCP then some of the Wonderup girls have said that taking a progesterone only pill is better if you're on NBE. I don't know the reason though.

Does BCP interfer with growth
February 2 2007 at 5:14 PM LovesButterflies (Login LovesButterflies)

Has BCP been known to interfer with NBA and growth? I was on BCP, but this month decided to stop for a couple months while I'm on NBE for fear it'd interfer with growth. But if it has been known not to, I might as well get back on them next month. I probably should have asked you girls this before. Smile

Anna
(Login anna-a)
Re: Does BCP interfer with growth
February 2 2007, 5:28 PM

Hey,

I also just stopped taking bcp. I'm just taking vitex for the moment and as vitex works by balancing your own hormones, I think bcp will hinder the vitex. Will see if I get better results. However, some girls have had good results with herbs while on bcp (I thought Lisa?), while others, like Emmie, had great results with bo. I guess it depends on what you are taking?

Good luck!

Anna

Melissa
(no login)
February 2 2007, 5:55 PM

I have been on birth control (Nuvaring) the entire time I have been taking BB pills (BO), I have gained nearly 2 inches in the 9 months that I have been taking them so I would think it doesn't affect the BO anyways. Hope this helps!

Melissa

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
February 2 2007, 6:12 PM

In most cases it's been found that it didn't matter or even helped growth, but in some cases it can hinder it, depends on your hormones and the brand.

Anonymous
(Login fennelfairy)
February 3 2007, 8:12 PM

I'm on the pill and I think I'm doing really well with my NBE.

bb
(no login)
fairyfennel
February 4 2007, 5:20 AM

hi i am also on birth control.. a really low dose that i seem to like so far. i am taking a bunch of nbe supplements though and i dont' feel the tingles. its strange because before i went on birth control i did. do you have a program page and do you mind if i inquire about what you are taking.

i am taking almost ev. except vitex, black cohosh, blessed thistle, and pm

i was wondering if you had printed your program page. i am on birth control and i take a bunch of nbe supplements. the only ones i don't take are

blessed thistle, black cohosh, vitex, pm,..etc.

before birth control i felt tingles and now i don't.

Kath
(Login Kathy.)
fennelfairy
February 4 2007, 5:27 AM

I got some growth with PM but when I started the BCP all growth stopped immediately. So I'm sure that PM and BCP are incompatible.

b
(Login grobust)
bc mess. program page
February 4 2007, 5:45 AM

Hi ya'll, actually... if we got everyone who is on birth control to give their names and programs on one message page.. then we wouldn't have to go through eve. ones programs. it can be a little overwhelming..

programs tailored to bcp users

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
no pm
February 4 2007, 10:17 AM

bcp interferes with pm (internally). you can still use the creams, but not the pills... it wont affect the bcp, but the bcp stops the pm from working.

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
February 4 2007, 10:26 AM

My fennel and fenugreek works fine with my bcp. I have gained a cup size. I wouldn't want to use the PM pills with bcp however. I am too afraid of bloodclots.

rinoa_lewis
(Login rinoa_lewis)
PM and the BCP
February 6 2007, 1:05 AM

I was talking to a herbalist (friend of the family) the other day, and she was saying that taking PM capsules alongside a BCP should be fine. My priority is ofcourse, not getting pregnant, (though it may do temporary wonders for my boobs! ;p ) however she said if ANYTHING were to interfere...it would mean the PM wouldn't be as effective. I have ordered some PM pills (150mg in each pill) and i'll give it a go, maybe even mix some of the powder in the capsules into my boobie cream...and i'll keep you posted.

*much luck for all*

LoveButterflies
(Login LovesButterflies)
Dumb question probably
February 6 2007, 7:02 AM

First off... I'm using New Curves, the pills and cream, and so far so good, I measured myself today and looks like I grew 1/4 of an inch already.. the dumb question I have is what is PM?

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
February 6 2007, 7:10 AM

PM is short for Pueraria Mirifica.
I too got confused by all these abbreviations at first.

better results without bcp
January 11 2007 at 9:14 AM Anna (Login anna-a)

Hi,

Has anyone obtained better results with NBE by stopping bcp? I guess bcp interfere with obtaining hormonal balance? I would like to stop (if I can convince my boyfriend :-) )

Thanks,

Anna

Keira
(Login Keira)
Re: better results without bcp
January 12 2007, 6:19 PM

Yes I did. After I stopped the BCP the herbs worked a lot better for me. I'm convinced that BCP was hindering my progress.

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
January 12 2007, 7:58 PM

Yes they certainly can. If you already have too much estrogen in your body and you are taking an estrogen form of birth control pills (estradiol) it will cause estrogen overload, which is not good for growth. Also, you may be taking a testosterone form of BCP's which can also interfer with NBE because too much androgens will stall growth. I do not take BCP's because I have found in long-term use they just mess up your hormones even worse than they were when you started. I would try natural methods of birth control instead. If you are taking it just to regulate your periods though, which is the only reason I would take it short-term, you can now find a form of BCP's that are estrogen and progesterone based, which is your best bet for breast enhancement.

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
January 12 2007, 8:16 PM

Also, keep in mind that hormonal based BCP's are not natural and they cause a woman's body to do un-natural things (they prevent the egg from ovulating) but in some cases the egg can get fertilized and die, which goes against my ethical issues and many people are not aware that this can happen while on BCP's.

breast growth after i stopped using the pill
March 27 2007 at 10:25 AM Jose (no login)

I was just wondering, i used the pill when i was 15 to 18.
When i stopped using it my breasts grew a little bit. ( pill = mycrogynon 30 )
Could this mean something? Does it have to do with certain hormones? Does someone else regonize this?

Loreli
(Login Biarritz)
Re: breast growth after i stopped using the pill
March 27 2007, 11:21 AM

hm, that's weird. i know a few of my friends grew when they were on the pill, but not when they stopped.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 27 2007, 1:06 PM

Well it's not that strange, we are all very different in how we react to BCP, NBE and everything because we have very different condition in our body. Some grow on BCP, some don't. WU research showed that most people grew even better while on BCP, but some who didn't have results started growing when they went off BCP.
Jose, I think in your case it would probably be better if you did NBE while off BCP.

Anonymous
(Login sophie9)
March 27 2007, 2:02 PM

It could also have to do with your age. Did you start growing when you were 18 or 19? I didn't start taking the pill until I was a bit older than that, but I had a growth spurt when I was 18-19. It could be related to the pill, but it could also just have to do with when your body was ready to develop further. I grew a cup size around the same age.

Jose
(no login)
March 27 2007, 5:03 PM

Hi ,

i think in between 18 and 19. Do you think it's because the pill contains a lot of hormones? Maybe they were out of balance because of it, i also got stretchmarks even though i wasn't gaining weight.

sophie
(Login sophie9)
March 28 2007, 6:01 AM

i got stretchmarks when i was on the pill (still am on it, but don't get them anymore - just when i started) and my dermatologist told me it is common. my guess is it has to do with skin thickness because of increased estrogen levels, but i'm not sure really. not a scientist! others might be able to actually explain that and your other question about hormones.

Can Birth Control Pills better your Results with NBE?
April 5 2006 at 8:16 AM
Mrs.Taylor (Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS

I was wondering since Birth control pills balance your hormones and it has its own lil breast fullness it adds..I wanted to know did anyone grow being on B.C. and NBE? Or did anyone grow quicker? Im going to google it and look up more info on it..Thanks everyone for your help. Good luck growing too.

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
great boobs
April 5 2006, 8:38 AM

don't know about that but i do know i had the most fabulous breasts ever when i was on bc before having children and it depends on which pill you take. I'd ask the doctor for one that may make your boobs big !!!! why not love jelly..

george
(Login georgeshoey)
Re: Can Birth Control Pills better your Results with NBE?
April 5 2006, 2:02 PM

Hi Mrs Taylor

I am currently in a stuck situation as my period is now 15 days late after going onto WU, but am also waiting for the first day of my period to go back onto my pill. I have been on here and mentioned this and one lady advised me to come off for a break in order to get my period and another advised that it shoud sort itself out.

If I come off WU and start my period and go onto pill, I may get more fuller breasts (which is ofcoarse good), but because I am on WU I would not know if it was them working or the pill................... bit stuck really!! I would like to know that any result I get is from WU, but at the same time am sick of going day by day not knowing if getting my period that day!!

I have had no result as yet from WU and have been on it now since 16th March - 3 weeks.

Did you go to the doctor about your pill?

TenderTaTas
(Login tendertatas)
EVE MEMBERS
April 5 2006, 2:19 PM

I'm on BC and NBE and I am growing... but not sure that the BC has anything to do with it. I've been on BC for years now and it didn't make my boobs grow or anything before NBE.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
April 5 2006, 11:34 PM

Jellyboobs, what BC pill were you on that made your boobs grow? I want that!!

Mrs.Taylor
(Login Mrs.Taylor)
EVE MEMBERS
I think all the methods work
April 6 2006, 6:30 AM

Im using Cyclessa, I think it more just firms makes fuller and add just a little more bigger just a little not a cup or anything. When I was on it for a 1-2yrs I was alot fuller,firmer and a tad bigger. Just talk to a doctor about it plus it prevents you from being pregnant and regulates your period and makes your period less painful but it is dangerous to smoke with it. Be careful and good luck sweetheart

Christina
(Login ChristinaABC)
April 6 2006, 10:29 PM

I started on my Birth Control when I was 19 years old. My boobs had stopped growing but after I started the birth control they had grown from an A cup to a B cup. They didnt grow right away but did grow gradually.

Then I started on my routine last year and I have grown a lot. Normally after my period my boobs would shrink back down but after being on my routine my boobs started NOT shrinking down as small.

Now unless someone on Birth Control is willing to be on a routine without Birth Control for several months, and then try a routine with Birth Control for several months then really nobody can answer if you get better results being on birth control because nobody would have tried it. I have had fantastic results on my routine(look at my pics) but I have no idea if my birth control had anything to do with how well I have grown.

So, I went from an A to a B on just birth control.
And I went from a 34B to a 34C once I started my routine while still on birth control.
I am on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen
Im not sure if that is the exact spelling or not.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
April 7 2006, 4:23 AM

I was on ortho-tri-cyclen but I started losing weight (wasn't sure if it was due to the bc or not) so my doctor than suggested I try switching to yasmin which has a smaller amount of hormones. I haven't grown from the yasmin which I've been on for two years now. I was only on ortho for a few months, so not long enough to really see growth i guess. I'm thinking about switching back to it though and see what happens?

Allegra
(Login Allegra.)
April 7 2006, 1:57 PM

To George, I'm sure I don't know what the answer to your situation is. But if you have no negative effects other than delayed period, I would be inclined to stick it out. I heard a lot about delayed periods, but not for such a long time as yours. Anyway, the pills you're taking must be having an effect on you, that's for sure.

lily
(Login lalavampire)
bcp?breast cancer?
October 11 2006, 6:11 AM

i thought bcp will cause the risk of breast cancer?
y is everybody taking it??

Katie
(Login Katie81)
October 11 2006, 8:55 AM

Not sure how acurate the following info is but:

I have read that the oestrogens in BCP are more weakly oestrogenic than phyto-oestrogens i.e. they are less responsive and cause less of an effect (than phyto-oestrogens) when they bind to receptor sites responsible for growth in the breasts.

Therefore both BCP and NBE pills contain oestrogen like substances that are competing for receptor sites. If BCP oestrogens cause a weaker reaction, then you want NBE phyto-oestrogens binding. The more BCP oestrogens you have floating around, the greater the competition are therefore the lower the chance of a phyto-oestrogen binding.

However, I have also read that phyto-oesrogens have a slightly stronger affinity for breast receptor sights that BCP oestrogens....so phyto-oestrogens maybe able to bind even if there are BCP oestrogens around.

I just figured i wanted to give my 'receptor sites' the best chance posible, so have stopped taking BCP

Sorry if i have made no sense, i've tried to make that sound less sciencey than it really is (i'm a science teacher!!)....i think that was one of those things that sounded better in my head!

Sabrina
(Login Sabrina.)
EVE MEMBERS
October 11 2006, 9:26 AM

It makes sense to me anyway and sounds reasonable. Thanks for the explanation.

Sabrina

Anonymous
(no login)
phytoestrogens
October 15 2006, 9:17 AM

In response to Katie, I believe that estrogenic compounds in the birth conrol pill are much stronger than any phytoestrogen. I have read this several times in scientific databases etc.

Also not sure abouth this one but if phytoestrogens are as strong as the BCP then taking them would surely interfere with the effectiveness of the pill so that might increase your chances of getting pregnant...but many of the herbal products claim that it has no effect on the pill so I suppose the phytoestrogens would most likely be weaker than the estrogens in the pill.

Jas

Petra
(no Petra)
phytoestrogens
October 15 2006, 7:34 PM

Yes I think so - estrogenic compounds in birth control pills are much stronger than any phytoestrogen.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 15 2006, 10:21 PM

In response to ^ - there is a distinction in how strongly a molecule binds to a receptor (or in its affinity) and how strong signal it induces. If phytoestrogens have smaller affinity than BCP estrogens, then they would get only those receptors that are left over after all the BCP estrogens have binded.
If for example, in this case the estrogens in the pill were the sort that induce a weak signal, this would not interfere with pregnancy preventive, but redduce one's NBE sucess. If phytoestrogens have a bigger affinity to receptors, then this would interfere with pregnancy preventive and NBE wouldn't be hindered.
I don't know which one is true - do phytoestrogens or BCP estrogens have bigger affinity to receptors? But I suppose as BCPs are different, they contain estrogens with different potency (that induce differently strog signals). And it seems more likely that BCPs have bigger affinity to receptors, but if someone else knows the exact answer to this please tell. If this is so, I can see how a weak BCP could deminish efectivity of NBE. Me for example, I'm on a weak BCP pill and I had no results in 5 months of routine and I'm thinking of going to my doctor and asking for a different BCP.

birth control advice
June 2 2007 at 1:35 AM tulip (no login)

I apologize if this question has already been addressed. I am currently taking birth control pill to regulate my periods and reduce acne. Should I stop the pill when taking BE herbs? Will the pill interact with the BE herbs and reduce their effectiveness? Also I really dont want to get cystic acne again (the last attack left my face in a mess) or irregular periods.

I am thinking of taking vitex or just massaging progesterone cream on the boobs as a starting point. I just dont even know where to start although I read the personal pages and reference pages for newbies. It is so confusing for me as to what concoction of herbs I should be taking. I think I am overwhelmed to say the least. sorry to post a long complaint here.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: birth control advice
June 2 2007, 7:48 AM

My own opinion is that some women definitely get better results from herbs when they aren't on any contraceptive pills. But as we keep saying, everyone is different.

Wenonae
(Login wenonae)
June 2 2007, 9:51 AM

BCP + BE could make things simpler because BC gives a hormonally level table to start from. But it's all based on what works best with your body.

Wen'

DoGfreak
(Login dogfreak)
June 2 2007, 10:32 AM

Hey Tulip, professional advices are most reliable. If u are doubtful, consult a doctor/ physician.

Lisa121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
June 2 2007, 2:21 PM

It should be fine for you to keep taking the pill, I believe Vitex can interact in some way though, you are best googling that, and if you are using it for contraception also you should not mix it with Saw Palmetto.

Since you are getting acne you should probably be taking moderate to high dosages of Saw Palmetto or Nettle root and add a phyotestrogenic herb such as Fenugreek or Fennel to the mix.
Try lower dosages first for a few months and see how it goes, but generally you should be okay staying on the pill.

where you diagnosed with elevated testosterone levels? Herbs such as Saw Palmetto or Nettle root can regulate that if you ever wanted to come off the pill. Agnus Castus on its own is also a good herb for just the regulation of hormones if you arent specifically looking at boob growth, even though some have experienced that with Agnus Castus too.

If you want it simpler you could take Wonderup and just add SP or Nettle root to the mix, WU can also be taking with BCP without any problems so it should be okay.
SP can cause cellulite though and weight gain, so look into both herbs and into what you would rather, there is lots of info on this forum on both Nettle and SP.
Spearmint tea can also help, so you could check out that too and see if you would rather use that, it has to be taken during a certain time of your cycle, so you want to look further into that.

If you need anymore advice, just ask, and keep on reading, the search engine is really helpful if looking for specific information on a topic, most info is on here already.

tulip
(no login)
June 2 2007, 8:20 PM

Thank you everyone. Its a relief to know that bcp will not affect herbs. I got cystic acne some years back but I dont remember if it was excess androgen or not. I guess I have 3 goals, to maintain acne free skin, regulate periods, & increase boobs without any adverse side effects. I will start in small doses.

Lisa, could you pleez explain to me why I should take Fenugreek or Fennel? I was under the assumption that I need more progesterone for boob growth since I am already on yasmin birth control. Maybe I'm confused...

sophie
(Login sophie9)
June 3 2007, 12:57 AM

just thought i'd mention...they just recently started putting a sticker on my bcp prescription about herbal interactions. this is very vague - who knows which herbs they are talking about or what the reference is in regard to. i've taken the pill for God knows how long - at least 6 years now, and they just started putting this sticker on my prescription. i suppose i should call my pharmacy and talk to them about it, right? i know...i'm dumb! the worst possible scenerio for me is that it could weaken my birth control and i could become pregnant. but i would imagine there are lots of herbal things people do to diet that would have a negative effect...or at least i could see it. so...thought i'd throw that out there. really, i should talk to a pharmacist about it. but they didn't start putting that sticker on until a couple months ago. could be because i changed pharmacies too. anyone else get this sticker before? it could also be up to the individual pharmacist? this month it isn't on my package. weird. i have heard that women who take birth control actually have better results with nbe. i've had good results i think. and i'm still working on it.

Lisa121
(no login)
June 3 2007, 9:24 PM

I am not sure if I understand your question. Yasmin doesnt do anything itself to help your boobs grow, and all SP or Nettle root do is reduce excess androgens, which wont cause breast growth by itself either.

Fenugreek and Fennel contain plant phytoestrogens necessary for mimicing boob growth during puberty, which is why you should take those. You wont grow on the pill and an anti androgen herb alone, at least it is not very likely.

Sarah
(Login Sarah_8500)
October 7 2007 at 7:05 AM

Hello,

I just started taking tricyclen and I don't want to stop taking it. I'm thinking about starting wonderup but I don't want to take it if its not going to work as well with the pill. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. thanks

Sarah

Abbey
(Login Abbey)
October 7 2007 at 9:55 PM

Many women who are on the contraceptive pill have grown with Wonderup, so I don't think you need to be concerned.

However it's worth noting that some people claim that using a progesterone only pill with Wonderup is better for breast growth than taking a combined pill.

wendy64
(Login wendy64)
December 10 2008, 6:11 PM

I read that progestron is only for menapausel women!

success with birth control pills.
October 10 2006 at 12:33 AM dandelion1 (Login dandelion1)

hello!
I would like to know if anyone has had success wilst on birth control pills. I dont want to know if birth control pills have made you grow, but rather if nbe was successful DESPITE the fact that you were on bcp.

I am currenlty on Diane 35, and here's what i found on a website:
Diane-35 contains two hormones: cyproterone acetate, a progestogen, and ethinyl estradiol, an estrogen. Cyproterone acetate inhibits the influence of androgens and reduces the activity of the sebaceous gland which plays an important role in the development of acne and seborrhea.

"What's unique about Diane-35 is its ability to block androgen activity at the pilosebaceous unit," Belisle said. "While all oral contraceptives may decrease the production of androgens to some extent, only Diane-35 decreases the ability of androgens to bind to their receptors, improving signs of androgenisation such as acne, seborrhea and hirsutism in women.

"Because Diane-35 contains both an estrogen and progestin, it provides extremely reliable contraception with good cycle control in patients treated for acne, seborrhea and hirsutism. .

i'm not actally taking diane for acne, but i have noticed an improvement of my skin. I'm wondering if this pill could be whats preventing me from obtaining any results. i've tried nbe in the past while on this pill and nothing! i've tried bo and a herb mixture. I'm not on a new program, and i'm just curious to know if anyone managed to grow while taking bcp.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES!!!

dandelion1
(Login dandelion1)
Re: success with birth control pills.
October 10 2006, 1:07 AM

also, i find that my cocoa butter to be extrememly greasy to the point where skin penetration doesnt happen. i've switched to a 3% cocoa butter, but it still doesnt absorb my skin well. I use Karite 3%, and sometimes 100% Jason. anybody have this problem? any suggestions?

C4ME
(Login C4ME)
Yes!
October 10 2006, 1:10 AM

I started taking birth control and nbe pills at the same time and grew one cup size..so yes it worked for me....Good Luck!

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
October 10 2006, 12:10 PM

Hi there, I am growing much better on BCP, I am taking Yasmin, which is a bit like Diane as in lowering androgen levels, it is not as strong but basically one of those pills too.
Christina grew really well while being on BCP, so it really does work, I think that my pill is actually helping BE because it is lowering the androgens and I don't have to take that high doses of other androgenic herbs.
Good luck,
Lisa

Anonymous
(Login Callitfate07)
October 10 2006, 5:10 PM

What kind of BCP is everyone on? I am on ortho-trycyclin and I haven't grown at all...but if there is one that would help me grow I would love to know which!! Thanks Smile

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
November 2 2006, 9:29 PM

Yes, I'm very curious about this too! I recently switched my birth control from Yaz to Desogen, and whilst starting my first month on Desogen I also started taking Breast Gain Plus. I had pains in my breasts the first week but then after that the pains only came sporadically. I was on it for three weeks (which I know isn't a long time) but I decided to stop taking BGP just because I really felt it was interfering with my birth control... which I think I was right about! It's been almost a week without Breast Gain Plus and my breasts have already swelled a bit! Across my bust I was 30.5" during my BGP and BC period, now after discontinuing use of BGP my bust measurements are 31.5" -- that's a whole inch!! So I definately think that birth control can have an affect on NBE -- good or bad.

It seems like girls who are taking estrogen-heavy birth controls (like Desogen & Ortho-Cyclen) don't have as much luck with NBE as girls who are taking progesterone-heavy birth controls (like Yasmin). I personally think that the best thing for us girls to do is to take a break from our birth control while on NBE, so that you won't have any interference. Of course, if you decide to "get it on" during the months that you're on NBE you'll need a "back-up method of protection". LOL Wink

BCP may prevent NBE?!?!
October 16 2006 at 1:26 PM Moon (Login -Moon-)

Hi ladies, I have this important issue that I think all of us should debate who are trying to grow our boobs. BCP may prevent NBE?

This is not sth I read, but a conclusion or more like a relevant question that I reach on my own. I'm not a scientist, but I know sth about biochemistry from my study, but I have no idea if I'm right, so I would like everyone's oppinions.
In another topic someone talked about whether or not herbs could intervene with BCP and why. So the thing is; pill estrogens and phytoestrogens all bind to same receptors, so that would depend on which ones have bigger affinity to the receptor. If I'm not mistaking, it's BCP estrogens, because they are still our own (human) hormones and so the most fitting to our receptors, while phytoestrogens are similar to human estrogens, so they bind to their receptors, but with smaller affinity. Conscequentially, phytoestrogens can't prevent BCP from working. (Though I've heard that saw palmetto supposedly can do that, which could be because SP contains phytoestrogens with ~same affinity to receptors as our estrogens.)
But besides affinity, there is another important distinction between phytoestrogens and human estrogens and that is their potency or strenght of the signal they induce. We know phytoestrogens are a lot weaker than the strongest human estrogen - estradiol, but they are strong enough to cause breasts to grow. And BCPs differ in what sort of estrogens they contain, you have from the weakest to somewhat strong. So if one is taking a weak BCP (contains weak estrogens), this would hinder NBE, because receptors would be taken up by weak estrogens which don't cause breasts to grow and herb phytoestrogens couldn't do their work.
As for practical indications, I have myself - I was on a routine of herbs and massages (pretty much what everoyne does) for 5 months without any sucess, and I was also on a weak BCP. So I'd like to know what all of you think about it and if anyone has observed anything at themselves that could give a clue on this issue.

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: BCP may prevent NBE?!?!
October 16 2006, 3:00 PM

Hi Moon, I don't know about the science of this, all I can do is talk of my experience with this.
I have been on single herb routines for about 11 months now, with breaks in between. I first started without taking BCP but am using it again since June, and since being back on the herbs with BCP I have constant growing pains during the month, versus only about 5-9 days before, and my boobs seem to grow faster as well.
There are others who have grown really well on BCP and herbs, Christina for example. I think it depends on the pill you are taking and on your general hormone balance. Mine are really out of whack normally and I think that the BCP just controls them so far that the phytoestrogens that I am taking on top of that are just working really well.
Take care,
Lisa

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 16 2006, 3:41 PM

Hi Lisa. Which BCP are you taking? I read about Christina's experience which is exactly what gave me to think about it. If I'm not mistaking she was on ones that are rather strong, cause that alone made her grow. I notice that they usually perscribe a moderate/strog BCP and not the weakest one, but I'm on the weakest - Logest. I haven't heard anyone else here say to be taking those. That's what I'm thinking too, that it depends on which BCPs you're taking.
Some feedback from ther girls on which BCP you are and your NBE progress would be a good insight, thanx!

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 16 2006, 6:46 PM

I've been curious about this topic as well. I keep wondering if my bcp is preventing me from growing. I am also taking a weaker one (demulen)and I am not having much success at growth. I have my anual appointment next week and was thinking about changing my pill type.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 16 2006, 7:08 PM

Thanx Holly for the info. Do you parhaps know which hormons exactly your pills contain?

I'll ask my doc to give me other pills for sure. As I have yet to make an appointment, I'll have to wait a couple of months, but in the meantime I though about going off from Logest to see if I get any more pains and signs. Only the period will be killing then.

Anonymous
(Login Callitfate07)
October 16 2006, 7:20 PM

Hello...I am interested in this as well. I am on ortho trycyclin and I was wondering if herbs will interfere with the effectiveness of the BCP, and what BCP others are taking that they have had growth with...like Christina. Thanks!!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 16 2006, 7:56 PM

I think Christina said she was on same as you are. Herbs are not suppsoed to prevent BCPs from working, except saw plametto.

@Holly - I though Demulen was a stronger BCP...?

lani
(Login Laniboo)
read my old post
October 16 2006, 8:02 PM

hi girls, i wrote a post about this (kinda) when i was having trouble with my program. it seems that i did grow better on BCP, but i can't be sure bc I was only on BCP and NBE combined for ab 3-4 weeks. but there was a difference in my pictures and some pains here and there, and then when i went off BCP and started over with NBE ( had a month break due to surgery), i had no difference after about 5 weeks of taking just NBE alone and no pains whatsoever. I don't know why, but maybe I am similar to Lisa...( I am on WU, SP, and EPOE btw)

Anyway, I was wondering how you can tell if your BCP is weak or strong??? I am on Ortho tri Cylen Lo. I'm guessing it is weak because it has lower levels of hormones than the original/regular Ortho tri cyclen... Could somebody tell me? It is a combined pill:ethinyl estradiol , and norgestimate. Please help!

Anonymous
(Login Callitfate07)
October 16 2006, 8:21 PM

Is there anything that you can substitute for Saw Palmetto if you are on BCP?

tms81
(Login tms81)
October 16 2006, 8:32 PM

use nettle insted of saw palmetto

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 16 2006, 9:22 PM

I'm not sure which hormones or amounts are in mine but I thought my doctor said it was low. Pills usually make me sick so they figured they would give a lower dosage. I go next Monday so I will ask and see what she has to say.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 16 2006, 9:23 PM

@Lani - Well, I'd say that the potency of BCPs depends on which hormones they contain (always one of the group of estrogens and one of the group of progestines, and among those there are stronger and weaker) and on the ammounts. Which is true, but with some more research I learnt that all BCPs have the same estrogen - ethyl estradiol, but the progestin differs. So this appears that my supposition (that certain 'weaker' BCPs could prevent NBE) was incorrect. But I did also read that progestins are metabolised into intermediates that do bind to estrogen receptors and have a weak estrogenic activity. One thing that is apparent is that how hormones work is very complex, so much even that the practical trial and error method is probably more effective than trying to find the answers in theory to know what to do in practice.

So apparently, some BCPs are good for NBE. Several girls have reported until now that they grew better on Ortho tri cyclen. I was thinking that maybe the pill I'm on is bad for NBE, but I have no means to finding that out other than trying NBE with a differnt pill, so I'll be going to my doc and asking her to prescribe me something else.

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 16 2006, 9:30 PM

I just looked mine up on-line and I am on the lower dose 1/35. They also have 1/50. Mine has 35 mcg of ethinyl estradiol and 1 mg of ethynodiol diacetate.

Anonymous
(no login)
October 16 2006, 10:42 PM

What does BCP stand for?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 17 2006, 11:01 AM

BCP = birth control pill

Holly thatnx for the info.

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
October 18 2006, 4:11 PM

Hello Moon, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I am on Yasmin, it is an androgenic pill, which I think is what is helping me since I am androgen dominant and I guess it is supporting the effects of the nettle root.

Callitfate07
(Login Callitfate07)
October 18 2006, 7:02 PM

How can you find out what hormone dominance you have? It seems that certain things are better for people with certain dominances etc.

C4ME
(Login C4ME)
BC & Herbs Work Together!
October 18 2006, 11:06 PM

Hope this can help!

I began to take herbs the same exact time that I started with birth control pills, (Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo) and grew from an a A cup to a B. I'm not kidding!

I don't know if it was the herbs or the birth control to make me grow but this was proof to me that you can grow while taking both herbs and bc pills.

I didn't use single herbs but I used Tobustan, which is the same thing being that it's made up of all natural herbs.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
October 18 2006, 11:11 PM

I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen on and off since I was 16 years old. I've never noticed growth from it. I've often wondered if it inhibits growth for me - if it causes me to have excess estrogen.

Lisa 121
(no login)
October 19 2006, 12:04 AM

Callitfate07, I found out about my hormone imbalance because I went to the doctor and had a hormone test done.
If you google "androgen dominance women" and "estrogen dominance" lots of info on symptoms etc. should come up, if you check those out and they sound familiar then I would recommend going to a doctor and doing a blood test to get it checked. It can be a dysfunction of your thyroid so if you do have real problems with your hormones you should get it checked.

C4ME
(Login C4ME)
Jen
October 19 2006, 1:40 AM

Jen do you think that maybe the "LO" formula is alot different from the regular Ortho Tri Cyclen?

Maybe it was Tobustan that made be grow afterall, although it has been proven that woman can grow with birth control.

Jen
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
October 19 2006, 2:29 AM

I think it has been said that some women can grow from birth control. I don't think I am one of them. You may be.

From what I understand, or just read, Ortho Tri-Cyclen delivers low levels of progestin over the course of your cycle, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo delivers a lower amount of estrogen. I should probably look into switching!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 19 2006, 3:33 PM

Ok thanx for answers everyone. So Ortho tri cyclen would be good if you're estrogen defficient? I know that the pill I'm taking contains a quite strong progestin and I think I'm estrogen defficient and progesterone normal. I don't know if BCP is what's stopping me from growing, but I'll find out.

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 19 2006, 6:26 PM

Ok, I did a hormone test again on-line and I seem to have a lot of symtoms indicating I would be estrogen dominant. Which bcp do you think would be best?? Should I try yasmin like Lisa?? Also I guess I should add wild yam to my program? Do you think I should increase sp as well? I am currently taking:

fenegreek 1830mg
hops 350mg
SP 1350
borage 2000

these are my total amounts daily.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 19 2006, 6:38 PM

Hi Holly. I don't know exactly what wild yam does. If amyone does, I'm interested in hearing too. SP I think has anti-testosteron and anti-androgen effect.

I'm not sure, but maybe a BCP that is lower estrogen would be better for your NBE, but I know that some girls need a high estrogen pill otherwise they have inter cycle bleedings. But it's not dangerous, so you can try switching the pill and if you get the bleeding, you just switch back.

For which pill to take this site is very nformative:
http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:5-8Y...cyber.com/

Callitfate07
(Login Callitfate07)
October 19 2006, 6:38 PM

Where are some good sites to take the hormone tests? Because I couldn't find any that were free to take.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 19 2006, 6:40 PM

Oh btw, could you put the link to the site where you can determine your hormonal im/balance here please?

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 19 2006, 8:56 PM

Sorry, it took me a while to find the site again. Here it is.

http://www.johnleemd.net/forms/hb_test.html

Callitfate07
(Login Callitfate07)
October 20 2006, 1:24 AM

Thank you very much! I took the test and it says I may be progesterone defficient, so should i take herbs for this? where do you find progesterone cream?

Holly
(Login Holly34)
October 20 2006, 1:54 PM

I was thinking it might be a good idea if everyone added wether or not they are on bcp and what kind in their program stats. It could help us figure some things out.

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
October 20 2006, 3:45 PM

I would not rely on an online hormone test to tell you what your hormone balance is, I just took it and I am oestrogen dominant as well as being oestrogen deficient, androgen dominant and more.
The only thing that I really do have is androgen dominance, so if any of you are worried about any of those symptoms listed there, go to a physician and have it checked out properly. I would not start treating symptoms that have not been diagnosed properly.
I am no big fan of doctors, but those only tests are really unreliable, and I would not base any of my herb taking decisions on those because that may just be plain wrong, as it was in my case there, and by taking the wrong herbs for your body you can mess your hormones up in a way you really don't want to.

Anonymous
(Login dandelion1)
October 21 2006, 12:24 AM

after taking a look at the bcp info page and taking the test: i've confirmed that yasmin should be the pill i should take. I doesnt have androgen suppressants, however i do not believe it to be absolutetly necessary in my case. i am estrogen dominant and yasmin is the pill that offers the most progesterone (equivalent to 4.5mg = the most of all other pills).
i'll start my switch from Diance 35 in 2 weeks, and i;ll keep you all posted on whether this makes a difference

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 21 2006, 1:19 PM

@Lisa - What does everyone have against doctors, I'm gonna be one! Tongue Lol, kidding with you girl! Big Grin I deffinitely agree that an on-line test is not something we should rely on. Depression, mood swings, tiredness, etc. - this can all be a conscequence of so many other problems and conditions. I think you can somehow know for yourself what you are more likely to have when you know your body well and have learnt a lot about how it works through research which all of us on this forum must do. I'd really like to have tests done, but I'm not sure if my presonal doctor is the one to ask, or what I'll tell her when she askes why...

cerazette Pill and NBE, anyone have info?
June 20 2007 at 9:39 PM Katharina (Login Kath1985)

I might switch from Yasmin to Cerazette progesterone only pill to better help my NBE. My worries are some people get lots of acne on cerazette, and as one who's spent all of her teens combating them I reeeally don't want them back. Also I do grow with Yasmin, slooowly but surely. Better not to interfere? What do you think?
love, kat

Electra
(no login)
Re: cerazette Pill and NBE, anyone have info?
June 21 2007, 8:10 PM

I noticed in the Wonderup forum some girls advise the progesterone only pill. is this the raeson you are thinking of trying it?

Katharina
(Login Kath1985)
June 24 2007, 3:24 PM

Yeah kind of, also some girls have reported a lot of breast growth and increased sex drive in switching to that pill from an estrogenic one. I've been on Yasmin for 5 years with no complications thou, so it's a bit scary. Some people report acne, bleeding and moodiness as side effects. Hmmm.

Summer
(no summer skye)
June 24 2007, 8:02 PM

Surely no contraceptive pill at all is the best option? If you're on herbs?

Katharina
(Login Kath1985)
June 28 2007, 3:40 PM

My question is for everyone on birth control -
I want to quit my Yasmin Pill, since I'm on estrogenic herbs, but what should I switch to? (I have a partner and I'm 21, had no children) I'm thinking the Nuva ring or maybe some progesteron- only pill. Does anyone have any experience with this, and also, will I get less boobage from quitting Yasmin since it contains estrogen?

Love, Kat

Skyler
(Login skyler_s)
Re: Switching BC while on herbs, advice ladies?
June 29 2007, 9:11 PM

Quitting Yasmin will not be a problem if you're taking herbs. Quite the opposite perhaps, as some people reckon that herbs may work better if you're not taking any contraceptive pills.

Morgana
(no login)
June 30 2007, 8:30 AM

All interesting stuff. I'm starting to suspect that choice of contraception might be critical in your chances of NBE success.

My program worked last time but not now! Why??? something to do with BCP? I need help!!!
October 7 2006 at 6:46 PM lani (Login Laniboo)

My program worked last time but not now! Why??? something to do with BCP? I need help!!!

Hi Ladies! First of all, he is my program:

2 Wonderup 3X a day
1 Saw Palmetto 2X a day (450 mg herb powder in each capsule)
1 EPO 2X a day

I am pretty much copying Helen's program : ) Just because the EPO and SP are easy to get a hold of anywhere, and it's clearly working for her! Anyway, I did this exact same routine in June for a little over 3 weeks, but I had to stop because things just got to busy and I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out, so I didn't want to use herbs before surgery. Anyway, when I did this routine in June, I was on brith control (Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo) and I got tingles and shooting pains after about two weeks, and they would occur sporadically every few days! I was ecstatic! I felt like something was really happening, and it was such a short time!

THEN, I got off the routine until Sept. 7th when I started again. I also got off BCP because I thought it would help the NBE process. Now, it has been a month since I started back up the same routine (without BCP) and I haven't felt ANYTHING! The only difference is the birth control! In fact, I've gone back to having KILLER menstrual cramps, moodiness, crying bouts, etc. and this never happened before when I was on BCP and NBE! Can anybody tell me what's wrong with my routine? Why would it work before, but not now? Is there the possibility that BCP cann actually HELP NBE because it balances hormones? Please help! If there is anything I can do to tweak my routine, please let me know! But seriously, I felt like this was working before, but not now without birth control. Should I get back on BCP?

Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous
(Login Laniboo)
i forgot
October 7 2006, 11:33 PM

I also thought I might add: I took one of those online tests thingies and I had almost all of the symptoms of being Estrogen dominant. I don't know if that makes a difference or anything. I am so sad though, I looked at the pictures that I took from June-- I could actually SEE a difference from my starting picture, and my 3 week picture ( I even made sure to take it after post-period swelling). It was not that much, but it was definitely there. And now, I've compared my 1 month picture to my starting picture (from the second try around, starting Sept. 7th) and there is nothing whatsoever! I know it has only been a month, I just don't understand how I was able to get results in three weeks in June, and NONE after 1 month since September! I've massaging about the same amount, maybe a LITTLE more in June since it was summer vacation and I didn't have school, but other than that, the only difference was that I was on BCP and I'm not anymore. I gave myself a little over a month to let my body get used to not having BCP anymore, then I started WU again, but nothing is happneing! : ( No pain, no tingles, no swelling. Perhaps it could have something to do with stress as well? Since school has started, I've been much busier and more stressed out, but nothing unbearable. Can somebody please help and/or give some encouragement??? I feel like by one month, I shout at least FEEL something-- especially since I was able to in 2/3 weeks last time!

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: My program worked last time but not now! Why??? something to do with BCP? I need help!
October 8 2006, 2:46 AM

Dear lani

What I can suggest at this point is patience. Stick with it. A possibility is that your body is still adjusting after coming off the BCP.
In my case I don't recall any sensations in the first month, it was 2nd towards 3rd month when, with inclusion of massage, tingles/on-off pains kicked in and it was month 3 when I saw the first noticeable change comparing pictures. I wouldn't recommend another break as you've already been on this for a month now and you had already taken a break before, I'm sure you don't want to be wasting your tablets.
Please try to stick with it, try to be consistent with your massages, make sure you feed yourself properly, and have enough sleep. You might want to consider using a heat pad with your massage in case you are not using one already, it might encourage things, many girls find it helpful.

I cannot say whether going back to the BCP would be better for you, it's your decision. It's logical and expected for your body and hormones to experience a change having come off it. Hopefully the herbs will slowly balance your hormones and you'll start experiencing the respective advantages along with growth: milder PMS /lighter, shorter periods and further apart. This is what I truly wish for you anyway Smile

That's all I can say at the moment, it's quite early, please carry on and be positive Smile I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Try to relax and please take it easy, stress is our enemy...

Keep us posted,

Best Growing Boobie Wishes,

Helen xx

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: My program worked last time but not now! Why??? something to do with BCP? I need help!!!
October 8 2006, 1:16 PM

Hello Lani, it may well be that ther herb combination you were taking was just right in combination with your BCP, that means the way your hormones were because of the BCP that whatever you added just made BE work for you.
My guess is that you either need a herb to help control your estrogen levels, if you really are estrogen dominant, or to go back onto the BCP.
The BCP basically controls your hormone levels so they may have been just right at the time of taking it, and now that you are off it, your estrogen levels are too high again, hindering growth.
I am not sure what herbs there are to help with the estrogen, but it may be that you need to take less SP or adjust your routine otherwise.
The thing is that I have experienced a similar thing as you have, I never was on BCP for most of my BE experience and grew, but since being on BCP lower dosages of Fenugreek and Nettle are working brilliantly for me, I am experiencing pains most of the month now versus only for a few days before and my boyfriend keeps on commenting how much they have grown, before he was more tentative and said that he thought he could see a change but never was that positive, so the BCP herb combo is really working out well for me, and it may just be that it is the same for you.

So, either you can ask maybe Molly or SugarQ for advice on what to adjust with your routine to fit the estrogen dominance and go from there, or just go back on the BCP and do what you did before.

Helen is right, you don't have to feel tingles etc. straight away and it may take a while to adjust to the herbs and for them to work, so you could just wait it out for a while and see what happens and decide then.

I hope this helps, and the best of luck, I know how discouraging this whole thing can be, but basically you know what works for you so you can always fall back on that.

Take care,
Lisa

KC
(Login laksmi)
Re: My program worked last time but not now! Why??? something to do with BCP? I need help!!!
October 8 2006, 3:02 PM

I wonder if your birth control was estrogen based or progesterone based? A lot of them are more progesterone, or whatever chemical they make that is similar to progesterone...if you are estrogen dominant, and your b.c. was progest-based, I could see that it would help you grow. I still think that the estrogen-dominant ladies (myself being one of them) will benefit by researching and possibly taking either wild yam creme or the progesterone creme that is derived from the wild yam. With estrogen dominance it is easy to take too many phyto-estrogens (fennel, fenugreek...) and become overloaded. But without a balance of progesterone, I think it may be difficult to grow. That is my own personal experience. Good Luck!

lani
(Login Laniboo)
thank you!!!
October 8 2006, 7:28 PM

Hello! Thank you so much for your responses! I am so glad you guys are here to offer support, because I could not do this otherwise! And there is nobody for me to talk to about NBE, so this forum has been so helpful! Anyway, what Lisa said makes sense to me, and I may end up going back on BCP anyway, because I was a much happier person with it! Plus, I'm sure my boyfriend would appreciated it a lot more lol! A few weeks ago was my first period without BCP and I remembered exactly WHY I started BCP to begin with! I had shorter/lighter periods, that were REGULAR (yay!) hardly ANY cramps, and much, much less drastic mood swings. The other week when I had my period without BCP, I was confined to my bed and couldn't get up! My period used to be so bad, but BCP helped, so I think I may get back on it anyhow, just because I have been miserable without it. And Lisa, I am glad the BCP and herbs combo worked for you! I kept getting the impression that combining herbs with BCP might affect it too much and just make things too complicated. But it makes sense that having it in your routine to balance out your hormones would help NBE. I will probably get on Nettle instead of SP if I do decide to get on the pill. Oh! And my pill was a combined pill- oestrogen and progestogen. But I do think the progestogen helped balance me out because my hormones are still out of whack, being 18. Some people get lucky and have normal hormone levels by 18, but I'm not one of them!

Does anybody know anything about how getting OFF BCP will affect NBE in the future? Like if I were to stop my routine because I have gotten the growth that I wanted, will getting off BCP affect the growth that I've already had? I will probably stay on BCP for as long as I need to (which may be several years until my hormones balance out), but just for future reference, I wouldn't want to lose all my gains if I get off of BCP after getting off herbs. Ladies, thank you so much for your advice and encouragement! It helps so much to know that there are others going through the same journey. I wish you all the best of luck!

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
October 9 2006, 4:11 PM

Hi Lani, I am glad that what I said made some sense to you, if the BCP helped you with moods, period cramps etc. I would definitely go back on it.
I think in future though, EPO can help with that so if you ever go off the BCP again try taking that on its own, it may take a while to work though.

As for being on BCP and growing, Christina was on BCP as well, I think maybe even the one you are on, and grew really well, so you can check out her routine and pictures too.

I am not sure with coming off bcp and keeping growth, I wondered about that as well because people who get bigger boobs just on BCP seem to lose it after stopping.
I just figure since I never grew on BCP alone or got bigger boobs while taking it that this must be genuine growth, and hence that I should not lose it. I am hoping so anyway, I have my fingers crossed for both of us.
How did it work for you though after you came off the BCP and herbs for your break, did you keep your growth? That should give us an idea already I think.

Take care,
Lisa

Anonymous
(Login Laniboo)
not much growth to begin with
October 10 2006, 9:30 PM

What little growth I did experience did go away after I got off BCP and herbs. However, that was only about a 3/4 week period on herbs, so I didn't expect it to be permanent growth so early on. I think getting off BCP will probably throw things off balance if you get off it, so your breasts might suffer : ( I thought that since I had been on BCP for such a long time, I might have regular hormones by the time I got off... that was definitely not the case. So I'm thinking that if you get off BCP and/or herbs, but your hormones have balanced out, and your body is "regulated" then it makes sense to keep the growth. But if you get off BCP/herbs and then your body goes all out of whack again, you may or may not keep the growth from herbs. I honestly don't know, that just seems to make sense to me! I feel like that's what happened to me-- it was just that my hormones couldn't balance themselves naturally, plus it was still early days in the NBE process when I had to stop taking herbs. So I think am going to get on BCP soon because my body is really hating this irregularity! Again, thanks for all the insight!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon