Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lip enhancement

sort of off topic
February 13 2008 at 11:02 AM Jackie (Login classyfashh)
This is sort of off topic but since we have been discussing natural breast enhancement... Does anyone know of any herbs that give natural LIP enhancement; either taken orally or oil massaged on? Probably a rediculous question but that'd be pretty awesome. Besides all those lip glosses that last less than 10 minutes. Who knows...

sandy
(Login sandy111)
Re: sort of off topic
February 13 2008, 12:35 PM

LOL,no it isn't rediculous,it has been discussed,Sadly the only possible option is taking hydrolized collagen internally where someone noticed fuller lips,forgot who.Otherwise,you have to stick to the lip gloss thing which i really hateSad would be nice if there is something that makes them plumper perminantly.

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 13 2008, 10:59 PM

Oh I know. But that costs around 700-1,000 dollars and only lasts about 6-12 months. Eh, maybe it's worth it.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 13 2008, 11:04 PM

I would love something for the lips too! What about those combination supplements that are for "skin, hair, and nails" even though they don't say lips maybe the ingredients in them would boost them a bit too?

sandy
(Login sandy111)
February 13 2008, 11:41 PM

I didn't mean collagen injection.It is too expensive for such a short time effect.I meant taking collagen pills.Hydrilized collagen..I was thinking of ordering some.I would loooooove to have plumper lips.

Hopeful,i guess we want to plump up many things don't we.lol.We are so greedy Wink what supplements are you refering too?

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 13 2008, 11:53 PM

Ohhhh jeez. How much are collagen pills? Are they permanent? I'm going to look those up.

And about the 'hair, skin and nails' pills... I've been taking those for about a year and a 1/2... They haven't done ANYTHING for my lips. Hahaha. Didn't someone say somewhere in this forum that the estrogen in NBE pills could give fuller lips? I don't know. Too bad I'm Estrogen dominant though.

But I wonder if those 'hair, skin and nails' or vitamin E pills will help give more effect to the Vitex I am taking now.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 14 2008, 12:35 AM

Sandy: I've seen a few different brands but here are some examples at GNC:

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=skin%20hair%20nails&origkw=skin%20hair%20nails&sr=1

And Jackie, so even though they didn't affect your lips do you think they helped with your hair skin and nails though? Big Grin I would like to try them eventually

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 14 2008, 5:39 AM

Oh and yeah totally do it. It works. It says to take like 3 a day but I end up taking like 5-7, I don't know, just think it works faster. But my skin looks clearer and my hair grows literally 5x faster within like a month or 2 of first taking it, it's awesome.
What also works great is straight up vitamin E pills or fish oil.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 14 2008, 5:42 AM

That sounds great, thanks for the info I will definitely get some when I get some more funds $$$

Woolly Sheep
(Login riya123)
February 14 2008, 9:39 AM

Hey I was actually about to post something about LUSCIOUS LIPS when I saw this! great we all want to have beautiful pouts, I saw the testimonials at vortex and they seemed good, but the message board seemed meagre, there were no before after pics that I could see anywhere, so was wondering if anyone from here has used their pump,and how did they feel..I totally hate those lip glosses that do really last about ten mins, and I also have sort of flaky and dry lips, and I would love to have at least nicer ans smoother lips, if not bigger!any ideas?

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 14 2008, 1:05 PM

Ohh, well Vortex sucks.
Go here..
http://www.cynthiarowland.com/before_after_ll.php

It's pretty insane. And you can tell it's not fake because in the 'after' pictures you can't even see the lines on their lips that are usually there. I don't know, I am thinking about getting it but I'm a little skeptical. Wasting 60 dollars on a piece of plastic that gives you TEMPORARY fuller lips?
Mind as well suction cup my mouth to my vacuum hose.

...And I think that was a brilliant idea.
BE RIGHT BACK !

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 14 2008, 1:08 PM

HOLY CRAP. EVERYONE WHO WANTS FULLER LIPS GO GET THEIR VACUUM CLEANERS.
IT WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 14 2008, 1:15 PM

UPDATES ON THE VACUUM:
I'm not joking. It DOES work. I'm still doing this. It stings a bit.
Actually a lot.
Minor bruises in the shapes of huge circles around my mouth.
But that's why they make concealer.
Yeah. I'm going to definitely buy Luscious Lips.

Just try the vacuum so you know what you look like with huge lips. I don't know. Christ....

sandy
(Login sandy111)
February 14 2008, 4:12 PM

Thanks Hopeful,
I have 3 bottles from Puritan(Time Mega release) or something.It has a lot of high doses but i haven't tried them yet.Will get to it soonSmile I will try the collagen too maybe it has an effect on the lip size too.Hmm I don't think i am into vacumming my small lips Wink Best of luck

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Vacuum??????
February 14 2008, 5:34 PM

Jackie,
Oh my God -I am rolling on the floor right now thinking of all the women you have just convinced to put a vacuum hose to the mouth... lol... lol.

That made my day,
waxingmoon

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 14 2008, 7:33 PM

Waxingmoon - I agree, esp the time progression:

1.05pm good idea
1.08pm Eureka!
1.15pm it hurts!

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 15 2008, 3:54 AM

Hahahaha. Did you try it? It totally like bruises your lips. And it lasted like a 1/2 hour. Now I know that luscious lips crap is a hoax.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
February 15 2008, 7:36 AM

I may have a fiddle around with the smallest tiny cup that comes with BB, that's some serious suction.....on the other hand I don't even want bigger lips, let's leave one bit of me alone! Getting carried away with self-experimentation!

riya
(no login)
vacuum
February 15 2008, 1:23 PM

Goodness!!!I thought you were joking for a long time!!! you actually DID try vacuum??bahahahahahahah that is one of the funniest things I have heard .We ARE pretty greedy. looks like NBE might just be the beginning to a'I cant recognise myself anymore'revolution!Smile

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 16 2008, 5:34 AM

Hahaha. DAMMIT. I just want bigger boobs and lips.
But seriously, yeah, the vacuum was pretty pathetic. But it worked... Hahaha christ.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 16 2008, 6:25 AM

lol yes you are crazy kacie Tongue but drastic results take drastic measure right! I hate how any lip plumpers I buy at the store just make my lips all and any skin around them super red... does this happen to anyone else?

Woolly Sheep
(Login riya123)
February 16 2008, 1:52 PM

I think big boobs and big lips is a very HOT combination,would love it! oh wait hopeful,what are lip plumpers? I guess I am ignorant here, but are they the same thing as the vortex pump?I dont know if we can get lip plumpers here but I sure want to try!

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 16 2008, 5:20 PM

Oh I just meant those lipglosses you can buy at drugstores and sephora... they are supposed to plump your lips up while you are wearing it.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Ad at the bottom of the page!!!!!
February 16 2008, 5:55 PM

AHHHHHH!!!! ha ha ha - is everyone seeing the same ad I am at the bottom of this page???!???

Jackie -was that your result after the vacuum?? ... lol

Oh Lord -this thread keeps making my day...

waxingmoon

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 16 2008, 6:30 PM

Hahahaha. Oh please. I haven't slept in like HOURS when I did that. Give me a break! Hahahaha. Oh well. But yes, lip plumpers did the same to me. They put like pepper/cinnamon or something in the ingredients because it makes the blood rush to your lips and that's what makes them so full. Everytime I brush my teeth my lips look huge afterwards. That is why. Pepper, dammit.

One really good temporary lip plumper gloss I got that I actually liked was "Lip Venom" by Duwop or something of that name. It worked a lot better and lasted longer than any drug store crap and it was at a reasonable price.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 19 2008, 8:01 PM

Yes I've heard alot about that one at sephora... does it still make your lips all red though? And how noticeable is the difference?

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
February 22 2008, 8:08 PM

Pretty noticeable. It's not really a big deal though if your lips turn reddish. When it dries just put lipstick on it or a bit of foundation.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
February 22 2008, 9:16 PM

Oh nice tip, thanks Smile

Jackie
(Login classyfashh)
March 4 2008, 3:18 AM

Anyway, so I was thinking. About buying that brava breast pump crap... Then when I looked it up it said it was 2,500-3,000 dollars.. which I do NOT have the money for..
And it reminded me of this forum I posted about Luscious Lips, or whatever.

So.. check it out..

WHAT IF...

Youuuu SUCTION CUP your BOOBS with a vacuum hose?!?!?!?! Yeah yeah?? Ehhh it sounds like a good idea. Basically the same thing. Right?

Another off topic question
October 27 2007 at 8:56 PM
Sandy (Login sandy111)

Hey all.I know i always ask off topic questions. This one might sound a little weird too Smile does any one know if there is any way to get the lips look fuller? Like collagen a certain type? Is there any perminant way other than injections? I have tried some lip enhancement products but no one really worked.NO results at all.Any ideas??

sophie
(Login sophie9)
Re: Another off topic question
October 28 2007, 4:45 AM

i use too faced's lip injection extreme. it "claims" to overtime permanently increase lip size. I don't buy this, but it does work better than any others I have tried, and I have tried many. If you use it at night and during the day, your lips stay the same size i find.

Laughlovelive
(no login)
face exercise
October 28 2007, 7:01 AM

there are exercises you can do that plump up the lips just google face exercise lips actually type free in the search too or you willjust come up with the packages you have to buy....however most of the packages give sample exercises & I do a combo of all the samples .....they definitely work.

sophie
(Login sophie9)
October 28 2007, 8:11 AM

just be warned, those exercises cause premature wrinkling around the mouth. so you might end up injecting the lines around your mouth instead of your lips.

sandy
(Login sandy111)
October 28 2007, 8:53 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sophie,

I checked out faced's lip injection extreme and it does look very interesting.Just a couple of questions,how much does one bottle last and they said ( Use the original “Lip Injection” during the day between applications to prolong and increase your plump! ) Is that something additional? Please tell me what exactly are you using so I can order the same.How long have you been using this?Does it really show fullness ?I am so excited Smile Thanks a lot!!

Goatwoman
(Login Goatwoman)
Lip plumper
October 28 2007, 10:47 PM

I have the lip injection and love it. It will give you quite a tingle in the lips! But it is better than the others I have used.

Kate
(no login)
October 28 2007, 11:02 PM

My sister uses a lip pump. I believe the brand name is Luscious Lips. It definitely works, a bit too well at times. I already have full lips but let her try it on me for fun, and it made me look like a duck. It's that effective. She feels that her average-sized lips plump up nicely, though. I can definitely see a huge difference.

Some people have reported that increasing their estrogen levels seems to plump up the lips, too.

Kate

Black Sheep
(Login CuteLittleBunnie)
October 30 2007, 6:33 AM

I use Rimmel volumize boost in siren (the clear one) people tell me that my lips look fuller. They also make stuff at bath and body works and it's supposed to make them fuller over time.

Marcia
(Login Marcia.)
October 31 2007, 9:48 AM

I use the Luscious Lips which has been mentioned already and I'm very happy with it. You can get it from Cynthia Rowland in the US or from Vortex Health in the UK. It's exactly the same product.

Lip Plumper 4 mark...........
January 18 2007 at 11:34 AM
faerycat (Login faerycat)
Just found this stuff and it says it's made with marine collagen.

http://www.lipfusion.com/

Would double check to be sure for sure.

x

mark
(Login sunnyMark)
Re: Lip Plumper 4 mark...........
January 18 2007, 11:36 AM

thank you faerycat, just posted a message fo r you on the other thread, you are excellent, it's so great we can share info here

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
January 18 2007, 11:40 AM

You are welcome sunny one :-)

Hey, you could always just buy a pot of marine collagen cream and rub it in where it's needed........including your lips....??

x

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 18 2007, 2:41 PM

Neat! Do you think it's safe?

This message has been edited by Lillea on Dec 24, 2007 8:41 AM

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
January 18 2007, 2:52 PM

I'm a vegan too so this helps me as well thank you faerycat!

mark
(Login sunnyMark)
January 18 2007, 2:56 PM

hi alcest, you might want to get it checekd if it's vegan cause i think it's made of fish, i wrote to them and asked what it's made of, i will let you know if they reply

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 18 2007, 3:00 PM

Here are the ingredients in the clear one. I found this information

http://www.amazon.com/LipFusion-Micro-In...53-1303810

Ingredients
Polybutene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Silylate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Mica (CI 77019), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Flavor (Aroma), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen (Fish Source), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Propylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Butylparaben. *Contains 1% or less. Flavor: Carrubba D9251 Orange @ 0.4%

This message has been edited by Lillea on Dec 24, 2007 8:42 AM

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 18 2007, 3:03 PM

As you can see, it's a fish source, not a plant one. So, it is a marine source. Sneaky, though! Lots of weird ingredients, too! Sad

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
January 18 2007, 3:34 PM

*Uhm* I explained at the start of this post that it was marine based.

If it's plant based stuff you are after, the check out Proto-col cream.....NOT THE CAPSULES AS THEY CONTAIN COW HIDE!!!!!!

http://www.proto-col.co.uk/serum.htm

I can't see plant collagen being as effective somehow.....but who knows.

x

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 18 2007, 3:43 PM

Hi faerycat,

Oh, sorry, I did understand what you might have meant, but marine based can also mean sea plants, from what I've seen on some labels (like algae, seaweed).

Julie
(Login ariesxtreme)
January 18 2007, 4:18 PM

Just to chime in here. From experience I've used HA pills in the past that had BioCell Collagen in them and it plumped up my lips. I'd take two pills at night and then wake up in the morning as if I'd been punched in the lips..LOL.

As a matter of fact I know collagen helps plump up lips and HA helps keep my lips hydrated which I use for occassional use now.

mark
(Login sunnyMark)
January 18 2007, 4:20 PM

julie, what is HA? and where do you get this collagen you are talking about?

faerycat - is you collagen that you get from ebay in gelatin capsules?

thanks, mark

Julie
(Login ariesxtreme)
January 18 2007, 4:35 PM

Hi Mark,

HA=Hyaluronic Acid

It's just a supplement I take, could buy it at any health food store or your local pharamcy. I just order mine online. It's a very moisturizing ingredient. I've also heard if taken it may help with join pains and so forth. Usually you body will place it where it needs it.

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
January 18 2007, 5:29 PM

To Mark -

Oooh yag!! Yes they do have gelatin shells. But, the shells are easily taken apart and it's a powder that's inside them. The powder is odourless. Haven't tasted it yet, but am sure you could just open them and pop the powder on your tongue.

The other batch I have has no gelatin shells.

x

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
January 18 2007, 6:20 PM

I guess that's a possibility, but if you're buying gelatin you're still contributing to it's selling and demand and so it's kind of pointless, you might as well just eat the gelatin, or use the fish source, since you're still contributing to the selling of animal by-products, ya know?

Fuller lips?
February 22 2007 at 8:31 AM
Teresina (Login Teresina)
Has anyone found that herbs caused their mouth to appear fuller? I can see why this would be in theory but hadn't heard of anyone actually experiencing it and wondered if it's considered normal.

Thank you!

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
Re: Fuller lips?
February 23 2007, 5:32 AM

I read on another forum that taking hyaluronic acid capsules can enlarge one's lips.

Jacee
(no login)
Fuller Lips
February 23 2007, 8:45 PM

I dunno the science behind this, but it works well for me. Rub a little Vaseline into your lips, then exfoliate gently with a toothbrush. Once there's no more dead skin, dab some cinnamon oil onto your lips; this always makes my lips look plumper.

Anonymous
(Login Teresina)
February 23 2007, 10:46 PM

Thanks!

I think I worded my question wrong, though. What I meant is that herbs seem to make my lips bigger! I wasn't looking to increase them when I started and don't know if I like the change or not, but they definitely seem even plumper. Odd. Smile Just wondering if others had the same happen.

LL
(Login Lillea)
February 23 2007, 10:53 PM

I believe it can be normal. Estrogen levels are partly responsible for lip fullness. As women age and levels decline, lips shrink as well. I have read in several places how women who go on HRT get fuller lips often, and softer skin. If your lips were never as full before, it's interesting that you notice such a difference, but maybe something was different in your body before and somehow something is being channelled to your lips now.

sophie9
(Login sophie9)
wow! teresina...what herbs are you taking!
February 23 2007, 11:04 PM

what are you taking!? i totally want fuller lips! it makes sense with the whole estrogen connection and even though i just started, i was wondering if perhaps as i go through nbe i may notice a difference. but what are you taking teresina if you don't mind my asking?

Anonymous
(Login Teresina)
February 23 2007, 11:23 PM

Thanks, Lillea! Yeah, I had this consultation with an endocrine specialist as a teen and was told I had very 'estrogenic features', which makes sense because my levels have been high throughout my life whenever I was tested. It was funny that he guessed my whole profile based on looks alone, though.

My mouth is small but my lips have always been extremely full. Then I noticed they looked even more so when I took herbs in the fall and it's stayed since I got off them.

Sophie, I took fenugreek, wild yam, fennel, and, on occasion, some hops. That was rare, though. I think it was the fenugreek because that was what I took the most of. Sorry, nothing too unique. Smile I used Greenbush herbs.

There is a hypnosis program for growing bigger lips that I came across -- wonder if it works! Hypnosis has been studied and shown to work for boobs, so why not? Smile Here's a link, in case you're interested:

http://www.deeptrancenow.com/bigger_fuller_lips.htm

LL
(Login Lillea)
February 23 2007, 11:26 PM

You're welcome, Teresina. I also e-mailed you about this.

Deep Trance Now is a really good site! I use some of her subliminal and supraliminal MP3s.

Anonymous
(Login _violet_)
February 24 2007, 2:08 AM

Funny I noticed that too, but thought it was just a coincidence haven't thought of it as being a side effect of taking the herbs.

sophie9
(Login sophie9)
February 24 2007, 9:16 AM

thanks teresina....i just started nbe this past week and am using the same herbs basically. i'm hoping maybe i'll notice some sort of difference there. sort of umm...gross...but not off topic, but when my grandfather's friend had his testes removed because of cancer his lips literally INFLATED, so that's what made me start thinking about the estrogen connection. people often tell me i have nice lips, but i have to say, i've been swayed by the whole recent big lips hollywood look.

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
February 24 2007, 11:14 AM

Has anyone tried Luscious Lips from vortexhealth?

http://www.vortexhealth.com/lusciouslips.html

x

sophie9
(Login sophie9)
February 24 2007, 1:52 PM

i have tried it. and i wouldn't recommend it. it definitely works, but it is not permanent and you have to use it several times throughout the day. sometimes i would do it too much by accident and look like a duck!

you are best sticking to plumpers or trying injections if you have the money. i have tried almost all of them and the one thing that really works for me is two faced's etreme lip injection. and it REALLY works for me! the company says that you can have permanent results with continued use, but i don't know if i really believe that. it stings, but so do a lot of them. and it works over lipstick too, unlike many. only 20 something dollars too i think.

LL
(Login Lillea)
February 25 2007, 10:58 AM

I wonder what would happen if you applied fenugreek extract to your lips, like Greenbush's product? Maybe smeared it on at least 2 times a day, avoiding licking, of course!

Anonymous
(Login sophie9)
February 25 2007, 8:33 PM

hmmm...if you try it with the fenugreek, let us know if what happens. it sounds like it might possibly have an effect...

LL
(Login Lillea)
February 25 2007, 8:39 PM

Sure, maybe I'll try it to see. Or I'll use fennel extract. I have both.

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
February 26 2007, 2:30 PM

Oh dear--- where did that message from the girl selling "cushy lips" go?

I bought 2 of them. =/

**** does this mean she was a scam?

Alcest
(Login Alcest)
February 27 2007, 12:23 AM

God damnit.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Alcest?
February 27 2007, 3:33 PM

Did you find anything out about cushy lips?
I didn't find the original post.

Anonymous
(no login)
February 27 2007, 8:55 PM

Good Housekeeping did a test on a whole bunch of lipthingys that said they would plump the list and still holds to there test winner from a few years back..............its called: City Lips Original Formula Lip Plumping Treatment ($19 us) but doesn't say where to buy it from. Guess you could do a google search or something.

Not advertising this as I haven't tested it out, just passing along what I read.

Anonymous
(Login sophie9)
i've tried city lips...
February 27 2007, 10:46 PM

actually i used city lips for over a year...maybe two. but that was before they started trying to rip people off. the product use to come in one of those lip polish tubes, in which you need to twist the bottom until the product comes up. they said on their website at the time that it would take about 30 twists. well...it would normally take betwen 90-100 twists, and the amount of product in the tube was sort of ridiculous. I don't remember how much the product cost back then, but they gave great deals of "buy two, get one free" or "buy three, get two free," so i kept buying it. it was the only thing i had found that worked so well. They always advertised their product based around that Good Housekeeping magazine test, and then started falsely advertising that they had the Good Housekeeping Seal, which apparently they only give to a very few products, so City Lips was totally lying, got in trouble, and was forced to remove the Good Housekeeping logo on al their packagaing. At the same time, they drastically raised their prices as soon as they got a distribution deal with Sephora. Around the same time Lip Fusion came out, and Good Housekeeping magazine gave THEM their coveted seal of product quality. So everyone started buying Lip Fusion, including myself, which contained hyraloric (sp) acid in a pentratable form. City Lips IS a good product, and I wouldn't necessarily say Lip Fusion is better, but maybe their really expensive product (at 50 dollars) is. I think City Lips has learned its lesson. I think Sephora might be weeding it out of their inventory - you can try it out for only 10 dollars on their website! www.skinstore.com sells City Lips for $29.00, and if you read the reviews there, you will see that a lot of people like it there. They had hiked up their price to from about 19 dollars to 35 dollars, so you can see why a lot of people may have been turned off by the company. Maybe they have learned their lesson though, as the product is much more reasonably priced now. The product worked for me, and I am thinking of stocking up on some from Sephora, as it is a good product. But so many lip plumpers have come out since then, whether or not it is the best is questionable. Definately in my top three favorites though. The advanced formula is superior though (not sold at Sephora).

Holly
(Login DancingArianFlame)
August 21 2008, 5:26 AM

Yes, i use cinnamon powder and fenugreek capsuels opened up mixed with vaseline and sometimes honey, i find exfoliating your lips with an old clean mascara brush helps alot too and lip excersises.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon