Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Taking Breaks

SugarQ: NBE BREAKS: Need your opinion, ANYONE ELSE WELCOME
May 14 2006 at 5:30 PM Helen (Helen_N)

SugarQ dear, I would be really grateful if I could have your opinion on NBE breaks, I am not convinced that this "theory" on breaks after 3months on NBE stands...

Anyone else please feel free to give me your opinion on it, I would really appreciate any input, I need it, and please don't get me wrong, I will just start with my first thoughts on this...

After reading what Lucille had to say in her flat2fab book on this, I am not convinced, this all seems very theoretical and not supported by any real evidence...

"After three cycles, the herbs begin losing their effectiveness and breast growth screeches to a halt and by taking a break, the estrogen receptors are given a chance to clear out and regain their sensitivity to the herbs..."

After 3 cycles? For everyone? But we are all different and respond to these kind of nutrients differently... If this is true, wouldn't it happen to different people at different times, not necessarily after 3 cycles? And what does this "giving the receptors the chance to clear out" mean?

It is stated that "when estrogen levels get too high, further breast growth is sabotaged." But why would they get high? Aren't phytoestrogens supposed to bring and maintain the correct balance???

Do we really "adapt" to herbs? Does "the body get used to its routine and stop responding, after about 3 months"??? How can this be analogous to the example of "muscles adapting to a particular exercise and no longer responding the way they used to"???

Okay, breaks might be helpful for some women, but how can this be promoted to a general rule? Wouldn't it be a risk to interrupt the progress with the possibility of even losing any growth gained so far? Besides, how could one recommend a break to someone who was getting results? On the other hand, if, say, nothing has happened in the last 6 weeks or something of that kind, wouldn't it be more sensible to consider a break then, perhaps???

I can't help but notice that, even though some proper references are given at several parts of the text, no sources at all are given for this part, no scientific papers to support these arguments...

What is your opinion SugarQ? I would really really appreciate your advice on this. What does everyone else think? I know I have only just referred to the flat2fab book, but I know several girls in here are also having/considering NBE breaks, so I am very interested to see what you all think about this.

Sorry for the long, confusing and (confused!) post girls, thanks so much for reading, and I would love to hear from you.

In anticipation,

Luv, Helen xx

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: SugarQ: NBE BREAKS: Need your opinion, ANYONE ELSE WELCOME
May 14 2006, 7:17 PM

Hi Helen, I haven't read the book and I personally don't break after three months. I do think that the body does get used to the herbs though and that a break now and again is necessary, after 6 months I would always put one in and again at the 9 or 12 month mark, but that is just me personally.
You notice when your body does adjust to the herbs, that is usually when the tingles get less and growth slows down. That's when people increase dosages which usually helps, but if dosages get too high it is time for a break.
I think that everyone is different but I also don't think that putting in a two week break or so after three cycles would do any harm.
I think everyone should go with their gut on this, and I don't think that there is a rule on how and when to break.
Take care,
Lisa

Tiger Lily
(Login tiger.lily)
May 14 2006, 7:26 PM

My booby growth project means eat good booby food and do good booby massage every day. Since started in Sep I had no break and grown a cup size up to now. I didn't hear any Taiwan girls breaking as you mentioned. Maybe a Western idea only, I don't know. I always say follow project every day without any fail.

Anonymous
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
May 14 2006, 9:03 PM

Heyyy Momma!!!
I really don't know whatthe thery is behind it, But I do beleive after takeing herbs for a while your body can become imune to it. You know when you take some certin med's and you are on them for a while well your body get's used to it and after a while will need more to maintane. and if you take alot of herbs you can become sick. So by takeing breaks it gives your body a chance to hmmm how do I put this? to regroup??? So when you start up again you won't have to consume more than you need. OHboy I hope this makes sense. hoEB please correct me if I'm wrong. I know when I had broken my arm years ago I was given pain killers. well after being on them for a month they started to become worthless so I had to double up on them to get any effect and I think the same thing happens with herbs. I hope i'm right really don't want to give you wrong info. I'm sure hoEB can explain alot better than me. Good Luck Momma Smile love ya Lisaxxxx

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
May 14 2006, 9:13 PM

I agree. I have been on NBE for almost three months. Well I did just massages only for the first month, and then began to add herbs in the second month, so I've been on the herbs for almost two months now. I am pleased with my growth so far, and I do not plan to break, unless I feel nothing is happening. I dont feel as many "tingles" as I did in the first month, but I still have very sore nipples almost everyday, and that to me is a sign that the herbs are doing something. I feel much more full than I did as well. Only if this all stops and I feel no pains or anything and see no addition growth for a couple of weeks will I take a break. And even then I will probably first try ramping up, and then if I still see no difference I will break. I just don't see the purpose in breaking if I have these pains and feel like these herbs are working so well for me. Why would I do that? Seems to me like a foolish idea. Wouldn't you want to keep doing what you're doing if it is working for you?

Lizzie
(Login LizzieT)
May 14 2006, 11:12 PM

Hi Helen
I've been on my routine for 3 months but last week I decided to take at least a month's break because even though I was growing I had terrible acne, mood swings and hair thinning. Since I came off the herbs less than a week ago my boobs have almost completely deflated which is almost worse than if they had never grown. So my personal opinion is if your routine is working stay on it!!
Best of luck.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
May 15 2006, 2:01 AM

there are 3 main reasons why women go on breaks. 1) they read the f2f book and think that their growth will stop if they dont take a break or 2 ) women get freaked out when they have changes in their menstral cycle.3) women believe that there is some danger with using herbs for too long without breaks.

Now when women ask i normally would say every 3 months but not for the reasons lucille stated. my reasoning is that after 3 months most women will retain some growth (some growth will just be welling and will go away eventually but usually after 3 months something will stay). so that would be a saftest and earliest time to take a break.so if women want to go on a break i would say that they should wait at least 3 months cause any earlier they would have just waited their money and time and end up risking what little growth they have.

another reason i would recommend breaks is if someone has gone for at least 3 months without any progress. with herbs, the side effect is NBE. like with other meds, people start taking them and many will develop side effects or reactions which will eventually go away or be reduced as their bodies gets accustomed to the meds. the same goes for herbs. over time if we take the herbs on the regular basis our bodies stop responding (as strongly) to them. so growth spirts and pains dont happen as often and for some women growth can even stop comepletly. now its best to wait 6 months to consider yourself in a stall but i understand that women are impatient about their NBE progress and even some women freak out after only 2 weeks without any growth so its hard for most women to imagin waiting 6 months on a routine that doesnt seem to work for them. so that how i get the 3 months.

one of the worst reasonings to go on a break would be becuase of cycle changes. one common side effect of NBE would be a delayed or no period. may women freak out right away and think that they are in some kind of health crisis because they end up loosing their period. one common reason of the delay is prolactin. most of the popular NBE herbs stimulate prolactin and regular massages stimulate prolactin. prolactin will naturally stop or delay a menstral cycle and there really isnt anything dangerouse about that. you are not even in any danger if you are on a routine for a year or two and have a no show of Aunti flow. you dont need a break to make sure you get your period but i would only recommmend it if breaks helps to get growth and the only way women would know if it helps is if they try it. with the delay of a menstral cycle progesterone and estrogen levels dont fall as sharply or as low as they should and its the high progesterone and estrogen levels during the luteal phase that causes breast to swell and enlarge. when they drop that causes shrinkage. this sorta mimics a pregnancy. now if you take breaks or you stop taking herbs part way though your cycle then you allow your the estrogen and progesterone levels to drop and that can cause some shrinkage. a delayed cycle isnt a big deal but if you stop getting your period all together you just need to make sure you not really pregnant or their are not other health condition (you may or maynot no about) that could be causing it. other then that you dont need a break at all. you can go up to a 9-12 months if you wish(9 months is the longest women do naturally go without a cycle so that would be a safe zone). now there is a conern if a women develops earier and frequent cycles cause that is hard to explain away or reason with. in these cases i would stop and take a break right away.

i dont want anyone to take my advise as the be all end all in this discussion. im no doctor but thats where i stand when it comes to breaks. i normally us th 3 month rule with the understanding that most women would have a heard time waiting much longer then that while troubleshoot problems with their routine. i only recommend breaks if there are no growth signs but women must understand that growth doesnt happen in regular intervals. there are spirts of growth. you may not grow for 1 or 2 months then all of a sudden, BAM!!! you grow 1' in a month. there are also times where women would shrink and that is common and unavoidable. now when it comes to our bodies getting too accustom to the herbs thats natural. they usually will still work but sensations will come and go , growth spirts may come every 4-6month instread of every 2 months but its better to have slower progress then to have too many breaks and end up causing your own shrinkage or firther delay in progress.

breaks are also a safty net. some women feel like herbs may cause harm to their bodies if they use it for too long and if they feel safe with taking regular breaks then fine. i dont feel its needed but i wouldnt bet anyone's life on that one so do what makes sense for you. it better to be safe then sorry. if you feel weird or you have pains that are unusual then get checked out right away. or even stop the routine.

many women on this forum like eve, amber, cheryl go for longer then 6 months on a routine and that seemed to work well for them. on the beboard there is pammy and wenonae who grew without taking too many regular breaks. on the greenbush forum there is tere who went on a routine for almost a year and a half straight and she grew well also. on the flip side there are some women who say they get spirts during their regular breaks so everyone is different.

in summary you dont need a break but if they work for you then dont fix what aint broken.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
May 15 2006, 3:04 AM

in the f2f book lucille recommends taking Progesterone cream during the one month breaks. IMO thats just a wait of money. progesterone cream needs at least 3 months to truely make a difference so i wouldnt bother. if you want to try the cream before you start herbs then i would use the cream for at least 3 months before starting herbs. also progesterone will only help nbe in two ways. if you take strong estrogens like PM, red clover, soy, licorice root etc that will help to clear up keeping HIGH estrogen levels in check and keep the reseptors acting at its full potential. but if you are not taking alot of strong phytoestrogens and you have normal to low estrogen levels then you dont need the progesterone at all.

use the cream if you have excess levels of estrogen or you are progesterone deficient. there are some key symtoms that someone posted on this forum help figure out where your hormone levels fall into.

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
May 15 2006, 10:31 PM

Lisa121, TigerLily, Lisaxsxsxs, Sherri & Lizzie :
-----------------
THANK YOU SO MUCH, my lovely ladies, for your fast and helpful response Wink

SugarQ :
-------
A BIG BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to provide me with your explanations, I trust your knowledge and good analytical thinking. Lucille's reasoning just didn't do it for me, so got a bit worried there as to how all this breaking-from-NBE-"rule" stands...

I believe that assuming that 3-month break is a necessity for everyone (cause this is how it is described by Lucille) is wrong. Simply because you cannot guarantee that everyone will respond to herbs the same way, so if there is a need for a break, it will come at different points in time for different women.

I do find it more sensible to break in 3months IF you've seen no progress that far. I am not sure about the body adapting to herbs, same way as pain killers lose their effectiveness when one "gets used" to them, this analogy is just not convincing enough to me. The "analgesic rebound" is linked to changes in nerve cell receptors: decrease of the number of the brain's opiate receptors (down-regulation) if a person takes narcotics frequently or in large amounts (narcotic analgesics work by acting like the brain's own opiates), makes us desensitized to narcotics and they lose their effectiveness. Same way estrogen receptors can be down-regulated IF estrogen levels are too high... but in this case isn't this what we actually WANT if estrogen levels are too high and this ensures the right hormonal balance? Does this mean that we will also become less sensitive to phytoestrogens? Feels contradictive, I need to give this a lot more thought as I do not quite understand it... However, the way you put it, SugarQ, describing NBE as the "side-effect" of herbs, and the body stopping "reacting" to them, is in fact interesting...we don't stop responding to the nutrients, we stop "reacting" to them... Something else there for me to think about...

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
May 16 2006, 9:32 AM

The idea of breaking after 3 months seems strange to me, because in some cases it can take the best part of 3 months before someone starts to see any results. Therefore, in those cases, if they took a break after 3 months, they would be stopping taking the herbs just when they had started to see a benefit from them. In herbalism, I think setting down rules that are expected to apply to everyone is always wrong. Herbalism works best when each person taking herbs is treated as an individual and the focus is on how that person is responding to what they have been given, rather than following some general rule that is meant to apply to everyone.

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
I agree
May 16 2006, 2:43 PM

Actually, this is a very good point Molly, thank you. In fact, in my case, I didn't feel any "signs" (e.g. pains/tingles) until I was well into my 2nd month, and only just noticed the first visible change in the 2nd half of the 3rd month... For slow-response cases like mine, a break just wouldn't make any sense.

SugarQ
(Login SugarQ)
May 16 2006, 5:41 PM

you guys are right. if you are growing good while on herbs then i wouldnt break cause you usually get spoil a good thing. the only time i would break is if for what ever reason you stop growing for a long time. also the body gets down regulated when it has too much of any estrogen. thats one of the reasons why women with high estrogen levels dont keep growing new breast tissue. women with already large breasts tend to high much higher estrogen levels and sometimes if they go on a birth control or take proegesterone their breasts will start to grow again because the progesterone reactiviates the estrogen receptors as well as causes the mammary glands to enlarge. the only question i have about phytoestrogens is that can a balance be achieved when using them that it would stimulate breast growth in some women. and i guess right now i can only say that its possible but still relativly unknown.

Cheryl
(Login Cheryl.)
May 18 2006, 8:55 AM

Regarding the comment about "when estrogen levels get too high, further breast growth is sabotaged", my understanding has always been that estrogen levels getting too high is not something that should happen. I know these things don't work perfectly for everyone and there may be women where estrogen levels do get too high, but I've always believed that normally this won't happen with phytoestrogens. I'm not an expert, but if this comment is in the Flat2Fab book, I think the book may be flawed on this point. (PS. For what it's worth, personally I've never taken a break).

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
May 18 2006, 11:09 AM

SugarQ you are right hon, exactly: why fix something that ain't broken ?!?

Cheryl, this was exactly what I thought too, that high levels of estrogen won't happen while you're on phytoestrogens, so... the flat2fab book confused me there... the reasoning is flawed (especially making this 3-month break theory a "rule" for everyone), SugarQ gave a very good analysis of the correct possible reasoning behind breaks, sounds very sensible to me this way... and it is really re-assuring when girls like you, Eve, Amber have grown so lovely even without breaks.

Best (boobie)wishes,

Helen xx

Wild Flower
(Login wild.flower)
May 23 2006, 6:22 AM

Has anyone ever found that their growth came "screeching to a halt" after 3 months (as the theory says?) I can't remember anyone saying that. In any event, 3 months doesn't seem like a very long time to me.

sugar2spice
(Login sugar2spice)
even better
April 24 2007, 11:39 PM

Just the information I was looking for! I've been getting feedback on breaks and just when I thought breaking would be best, Snowflake turned my mind around. Actually, I became a little bit confused, partly convinced at first. I even wrote vortexhealth.com, from which I just ordered Wonderup. They also said that breaking was not necessary unless no growth was experienced for a long period or if it stopped for a long time. I thank you all for the help!!

Are breaks really necessary?
June 20 2006 at 1:07 AM
PinkJewel (Login PinkJewel)

Hi girls,

I bought Lucille Splichal's e-book in which she tells that breaks are necessary after 3 months on NBE. My third month will be over tomorrow and I must admit that I've got almost no growing pains during this third month. I had those pains almost all the time during the first month and noticed that most of the growth I had was during the second month. I haven't grown during the third month (well, I don't think so) and I believe a break would be a good idea. What do you think about that?

-> May your boobies keep the pace! <-

Verlinda
(Login verlinda)
Re: Are breaks really necessary?
June 20 2006, 1:39 AM

I don't really know. I'm new to NBE. So I don't think I will be much help

However I did read on this forum that a break is needed because your body becomes tolerant to the herbs and they become less effective.

I wish I know more. I hope that someone else will help you more with your question… there are some pretty smart ladies on here.

VerLinda

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
breaking news from jelly !!!!
June 20 2006, 12:14 PM

hi pink jewlllel !!! im jelly. 2 weeks ago i got sick (a gastro enteritis thing ) and i didnt eat anything including herbs !!!! i went off my herbs for at least 5 days because of feeling sick, when i started taking them again i took a lot less as i was scared of getting sick and guess what i started to feel tingles and growth so far this hasnt changed and im so happy !!!!!!so for me a break was good. however you must consider i am 48 yrs old, i dont have periods anymore and i have started taking gaba which wors well for me !!!! everyone is different good luck love jelly......

PinkJewel
(Login PinkJewel)
Thanks Helen N for bumping this thread for me...
June 20 2006, 8:52 PM

Well, maybe I will surprise you all with my reply, but I'm studying to become a pharmacist and I can tell you that this "down-regulation" thing that Lucille talks about in her book is true. As a matter of fact, taking too much of a drug can cause the receptors of this drug to decrease, which will cause the drug to be less effective.

The herbs we use for NBE are not as strong as drugs though, which makes me wonder if this is true for the herbs or not. I don't have enough knowledge yet to judge that and we don't talk much about herbs during our courses, so I don't know if I'll indeed get an answer to that question someday...

You may be wondering why I asked you the question if I already knew this theory is true. As I told you, I'm not sure if this applies to herbs or not, so I wanted to get your opinions.

What I can tell you is that I had growing pains almost all the time during the first month. Then, I got them less and less often during the second month and almost none during the third month, which makes me believe this theory might be true for herbs also. I don't plan on ramping up my doses since I believe I will get the same results after taking a break, which will cost me less because I will use less herbs this way. I believe one should take only what's necessary to achieve her goal. I got results with very low doses and I'm happy of that. I'm sure growth will happen after my break and that I will get those pains again.

I'm still wondering about something, though. I didn't mesure myself before I started my program, so I don't know how much bigger I got. I feel tighter in my bras, but not enough to increase my size. I'd say I increased of 1/4 to 1/2 cup size in 3 months, so it's not bad. I'm a large 34 A/small 34B cup and never been pregnant, but I still want to get bigger. I took pics before I started and every month. I would like to post them, but I'm a bit nervous about it. And I wouldn't like other women to tell me that I already got big breast, like Christina was told sometime ago. I must admit this is flattering, but please respect the fact that I would feel better with bigger breast. Now, with this being said, I think I will post my pics...

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
June 20 2006, 9:42 PM

Concerning these brakes, I feel that I need one too. I had more problems with gastric acid since I'm on the herbs and in the last month my kidneys started hurting occasionally. But I wasn't sure how long the brake has to be to do the trick and whether it may slow down your following growth. I'm thinking about making a few short brakes during my period and not take herbs in that time but milk thistle.

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
what do you think pink jewel ?
June 20 2006, 11:33 PM

so pink jewel what do you think of what happened to me??? do you think age had something to do with it? and do you think menopause cchanges things ??? love jelly....

PinkJewel
(Login PinkJewel)
Well, Jelly...
June 21 2006, 1:01 AM

As I said, I'm not a pharmacist yet, but I'm pretty sure that not taking your herbs for 5 days may be the cause of those tingles that you had. Your estrogen receptors probably became more sensitive, which made your herbs more efficient when you started taking them again. And about menopause, I don't know... I didn't get my courses about it yet. I'll probably learn about everything related to hormones in 2 years only, so I'm not much help for now. Sorry...

Helen
(Login Helen_N)
EVE MEMBERS
June 21 2006, 12:43 PM

PinkJewel,
just to let you know that looking at your pics 1 and 4 I can definitely see your progress, and by the way you look lovely and I am so excited for you Smile
I hope you reach your NBE goals, thank you for posting your pics and I'll be looking forward to your updates Smile

Also thank you for your contribution to the breaks theory, your opinion as a pharmacy student counts very much. I have tried to read about this down-regulation of receptors caused from continuous use of drugs like painkillers, I can definitely see the analogy, but still as you say we are talking about herbs not drugs and everyone's individual reaction can vary, so one cannot be sure as to WHEN a break for this reason is needed. I guess everyone should "listen" to their own body and decide when it is best to break in order to recover sensitivity of receptors to herbs and resume the NBE process...

Please do not hesitate to add anything you want here in the future regarding NBE and herbs from your academinc knowledge and experience whenever you want, I am sure everyone would really appreciate your contribution Smile

Take care

AND

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
* Happy Growing! *
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Helen xx

PinkJewel
(Login PinkJewel)
Helen, you are so sweet...
June 21 2006, 12:59 PM

I'm very happy to see that you can see a difference between pics 1 and 4. That's very encouraging. Thank you. As I said in another post about my pics, I look at them so often just to convince myself that something happened that I'm not sure about my progress.

And I agree with you that everyone should "listen" to their own body and decide when it's time for a break. In my case, getting almost no pains during the third month makes me think I need a break because, like I said before, I had those pains almost all the time during the first month. By looking at the pictures, I can tell that most of the growth happened during the first and second months. The difference is very weak between the second and third month, I believe.

I'm happy that I could contribute to the "breaks" theory, although I don't have much knoledge for now. You can be sure I will tell you everything I learn in my courses that can be of any help to all the women here. Since NBE has not really been studied, (unfortunately) I feel anything relevant can be useful.

Lisa 121
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
June 21 2006, 1:33 PM

I think that breaks help too, I do think though that it all depends on the individual and that a set rule of 3 months does not apply to everyone as Helen I believe and SugarQ already pointed out in the other thread.
I am in month four now and I notice that I don't seem to be growing as fast anymore as I did in the first two months, there are less pains and hardly any tingles now and I think I will take a short break while I have my period in a few weeks time too.
I do believe that we get used to the herbs just like other drugs, after all in a way they are drugs as they often can be as effective if not more than some other chemical drugs.

When I was on my first NBE attempt last year I took high doses of Fenugreek to start with and when I ramped down after four months things started to happen again, I seemed to have slowed down before around month three, just like I seem to be doing now.
I think one or two weeks off from the herbs can certainly do no harm and may actually help, but I would only take a break when I do feel I am slowing down in growth over a period of at least one to two months time, and not just going by Lucilles three month rule.

I am on holiday just now, hence the lack of my posting, I will update when I have a chance and sort my pictures out as well, just to let you guys know, I still try to check in as often as I can. I hope you all are well and good luck with your routines, I hope you are all growing splendidly.
On another note, the boobie oil mix I am using seems to be working the best on me the more Fennel extract I add to that, just in case anyone is interested.

Take care everyone,
Lisa

Taking Breaks
April 21 2007 at 3:26 AM sugar2spice (Login sugar2spice)

When on NBE pill like Wonderup or Natureday, when should you take a break and for how long? I'm sure when you order an NBE they do not tell you about taking breaks on the pills.. idk. Well, I haven't started Wonderup, but I really want to order. Technically I am on a break now. I just quit using BGP!!!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Taking Breaks
April 21 2007, 8:38 AM

I think what's usually advised is 3 months on, 1 month off. But personally I think the risk of developing a herb tolerance is important so I would advise more shorter brakes, like 1 week off every month (during period) for 3 or 4 months and then deffinitely a month off. Even if you aren't that prone to get used to herbs, the week off might help to make herbs work better by restoring any lost responsiveness and cleanse your body and the first week in the cycle is not the time of growth anyway so nothing would be lost.

sugar2spice
(Login sugar2spice)
indiv herbs vs complete pill
April 21 2007, 11:15 AM

Thanks! That really really helps. I just wanted to know that because I wasn't sure if the breaks were different for people taking individual herbs vs taking the complete pills. Thank you for your advice!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
April 21 2007, 1:27 PM

No not any different, both contains the sme things - herbs. Manufacturers almost never tell you that you should take brakes, cause that would result in you buying less herbs from them, but all herbalists say that herbs shouldn't be taken for prolonged periods of time uninteruptedly.

Anonymous
(Login Sarabell239)
Thanks Moon
April 21 2007, 6:40 PM

You always have great theories brewing in that mind of yours-it a great help to us girls to broaden the way we look at these programs. I am think of taking the brea during my period to see how that goes. I feel okay on the herbs these days, but I want to make sure my body can bounce back and feel normal when I am not taking so many pills.
Cheers+

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
April 21 2007, 7:21 PM

How might this apply when using St. Herb capsules? With St. Herb, you only take them 15 days a month, so the body is getting 15 days break roughly.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
April 21 2007, 10:14 PM

I would think breaking with the patterns mentioned above would only serve to confuse the body. As far back as this forum goes, a serious program, seeing monthly growth, would last about 6 - 9 months and then break for a month. Takeing a break after only a few months on and then a month off would only result in having to start growth all over again, and the body having to readjust to herbs and hormone levels. My advise would be to read threads from about a year ago or more.

Anonymous
(Login Sarabell239)
Thanks Snowflake
April 22 2007, 8:29 PM

Maybe breaking during my period is not such a great idea. I think I was overdoing it with feugreek and hit a stall, but I have ramped down on the funugreek and ramped up on massage. starting to feel like something is happening again-but I am getting to the luteal phase, so we'll see.
Anyway, thanks for sharing from your experience-that's why i love this place+
Best wishes to you!

sugar2spice
(Login sugar2spice)
confused...
April 22 2007, 11:30 PM

Once I think I'm getting somewhere, it all goes backwards. Still, as I said before, haven't started yet, but I'm trying to understand breaking. People have different opinions and it makes me frustrated because I don't know which is best to follow. I've read so much good advice on this forum. Moon said take short break (on period) each month and gradually lengthen to get the body used to the herbs, which I agree... Snowflake says breaking could confuse the body and make it work harder to maintain and continue growth, which also makes sense. I really don't want to hear that everyone's body is different in this case. I want to know the answer... Sad ...sorry, i'm sure i'm not the only one. i just need a little more on this one. thanks

When to take a break? (newbie, please help)
December 18 2008 at 2:50 AM
Nicky (Login Nicky34A)
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. Well I've been reading a lot for the past several weeks and I just can't get enough of all the great info. I think I've done enough research and I'm now ready to start. But one question: I keep seeing mention of taking a break but I can't find any info on how long y'all are breaking for and when. I tried doing a search so as not to annoy anyone but I can't find anything. I'm sorry if this as already been ask and if you don't feel like answering again could you please just point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance Smile

HDChick
(Login HDChick)
Welcome Nikki
December 18 2008, 3:34 AM

Glad to have you here and I do think it's great that you took the time to attempt to get your info by using the search function first- good girl :-)
About your question: If you are going to start slow (and we all hope you will), you should be able to go a good 4 months without breaky. The problem lies "usually" but not "always" in overdoing it so the body will sort of go into an "stall" phase and stop reacting the way you would like it too, thus breaky a week or a month maybe even two! and then start over - again slow. I hope you get response by your first attempt! It really isa matter of trial and error and nothing is perfect in any of our personal researching to find out
what works the very best for all!
;-)
Here's some good vibes ~ ~~~ ~ ~~

HD
xo

soyberrry
(Login soyberry)
Re: When to take a break? (newbie, please help)
December 19 2008, 9:49 PM

some of the NBE products should not be taken during period, for example F cup cookies.
that could be consider as a break right? Smile

Good Luck! I just started my program recently too.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 20 2008, 10:43 AM

If you do a longer brake, do it in late fall and winter, don't do it in sprig and summer cause that is the time when your chances to grow are higher.

And F cup cookeis are crap.

dory
(Login Dory505)
December 20 2008, 6:03 PM

^
^
moon , im not on PM but was looking on that F-Cup Cookies, why do u think its crap. ? lol

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 20 2008, 9:35 PM

Because it's ridiculous to take any herb in the form of a cookie. That's why capsuled herbs are sold. You can fit only a small ammount of herb into a cookie and you get a load of shuggar in you with it which is even bad for NBE cause it promotes testosterone.

stellaH
(Login stellaH)
take a break
December 22 2008, 6:28 PM

When you re-start the herbs do you start like before one 3 times a day and add more or do you just carry on with 3 times a day as you were before you finished?

Amy
(Login Amy S)
take a break
December 22 2008, 9:10 PM

That's a good question. I thought my body might have got used to the herbs, so I took a break, and then carried on as I was before I finished.
But to be honest it hadn't occurred to me to do otherwise.

zanyzara
(no login)
Re: When to take a break?
February 21 2009, 2:05 PM

You need breaks in your BE program to clear the receptors, to keep them guessing so your body does not get use to the herbs.
You should take a 1 day break on day 14 (or halfway) of your cycle and the day you start your period.
You should also take a break every 3 months for 1 week or so this is to clean out the liver so it does not get overloaded with estrogen. Be sure during this time to do a liver cleanse.

Breast tissue memory?
March 7 2006 at 8:33 PM Jane (no login)

Hi all, I've been duing some massages for the past 2 or 3 days and have felt some tingles, I think some firmness and and fullness as well, maybe it's just me hoping though hehe Smile

I haven't started any herbs yet, but I'm thinking of starting with a fenugreek olive oil loition to add to the massages starting the end of the week possibly, and taking fennel sometime after that to see how it goes.

Anyway, I've read alot of people saying they've lost fullness and size after stoping their routine for a few days and I remembered reading soething about our bodies cells memories.

I can't remember where I read it, I know it was on a cientific newsboard in an article about NBE. It was basically about how our cells and tissue all have a specific memory, similar to our brain memory. And in the case of breast tissue, the memory was about 48 hours. So basically if you stop a certain treatment or routine for more than 48 hours the cells would forget what they're supposed to be doing and return to their normal state.

So basically, doing the massage and herbal treatment that triggers the prolactin and estrogen and all those other hormone changes, etc that cause breast growth will be transfered to your breast tissues memory and help the process work better and longer. But once you stop, if you haven't been on it for a certain ammount of time, all that will be forgotten after 48 hours.

So I guess the best approach would be to keep up the routine until you get slightly above your goal, either a few inches or even a full cup and then slowly ramp down so your breast tissue will keep the minimal activity necessary to stabilize the growth at your desired level.

Of course this explanation is nowhere near as exact and it was on the newsboard but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain and maybe some of you have even herd of it before.

I'll try and find the report and post a link to it here so you can all check it out.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all reach your goal Smile

Jane

SugarQ
(no login)
jane, you may be onto something
March 7 2006, 9:15 PM

When you try to link this idea to hypnosis NBE it makes sence. hypnosis works on the pricipal that your body (your breasts) recalls specific sensations or can mimic sensations based on suggestions, like " your breasts are tingling, your nipples are hurting.. etc". then the brain will then release hormones on its own that would cause NBE to occure and make the sensations more intense. herbs may also trigger help to stimulate a response in the breasts and if you come off the herbs too soon or too quicky then you are not allowing the changes and the growth to be perminant. like with the brava. the say use it for 10 week at least. the first 5 you are getting swelling but after that your body will begin to try to grow cells and new tissue to perminantly counter act the stretching. so before the 5th week, lets say week 1 you get swelling but if you stop using the domes then within a few short hours all your growth will b gone. but the closer you get to week 5 the longer the swelling seems to last.it would seem like the "memmory" to cause more perminant changes over time. so with herbs you want enough time to laps for the body to make the growth that was stimulated by "memmory" to actually become perminant. herbs will temperarily stimulate changes which last for a short period of time do the cell memmory. breast enlargement is inicially due to gland swelling and water retention which are temerary but if you take sufficient time for NBE and slowly ramp down you are allowing your body enough time to replace the water and glands with fat.

Sunset
(no login)
Hi, I just wanted to add
March 7 2006, 11:25 PM

that I heard it is normal to loose about a 1/2 inch after you finish your routine for good. And yes it said also that once you reach your goal, try to get an extra 1/2 inch growth, just incase. It doesnt always happen I guess, but it could, so I would rather try to get an extra inch more.

Mrs.Taylor
(no login)
hmm
March 8 2006, 2:11 AM

How many days is it suppose to take before you get the tingles??Thank you

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: Breast tissue memory?
March 8 2006, 2:22 AM

MT-in a perfect world -2 weeks is the max. to get sensations with herbs or hormones the earlier you get them the better. the longer you keep these sensations the better. you dont need them to grow but the they are a real key to monitoring your progress besides actual breast measurable and/or noticable breast changes.

SS you are so right about the 1/2 thing. not all the growth you get in NBE will be new tissue. just like with the brava some will just be swelling, water rentension etc. so it does tie into the whole idea of cell memmory. thanks for pointing that out.

Steph
(no login)
Great share Jane!
March 8 2006, 3:17 AM

That would definatly back up the "9 months of NBE herb use" recommendation but my question now is,where does that leave us break-wise,I recently decided to break only during my actual period (aprox 4-5 days) in using the Birth Control Pill theory/regimin.Does anyone think this now may not be such a good idea,or maybe thats why BCP does not seem to cause permanint NBE in most who grow only while using it?

SugarQ
(no login)
March 8 2006, 3:33 AM

BCP isnt perminant because of the progestins. progestins dont store fat in the breast they just enlarge the glands to make breasts bigger. BCP maybe perminant for some lucky people because they were able to gradually replace the glands with fat. How or why? i dont know. but using herbs like a BCP should be just fine.

Mrs.Taylor
(no login)
March 8 2006, 3:38 AM

Mine went away after I got off the birth control pills two months ago.The fullness and perkiness. I made my own personal page too. Thanks for your help everyone.:-)~

Jane
(no login)
About breaks
March 8 2006, 1:34 PM

Hey Steph, I'm not sure about taking breaks during your period if it will take you back or not, but from what I've read I guess it might work sort of like ramping down, instead of completly stopping during you period you could alternate.
I'm not sure about how long the memroy last but I think it's about 48 hours so you could take a break on the first two and last two days of your period and in the middle just do half of your routine or something like just to keep everything in order.

I was thinking of doing something like that myself once I start taking the herbs and such just to check the results.

What do you think?

Jane

Steph
(no login)
Thanks Jane
March 8 2006, 1:52 PM

I wouldnt have thought of doing the 48 on and 48 off thing,makes sense to me!As to ur question,did u mean ur gona stop the herbs during cycle JUST to see if ur growth "stays" ?? Sorry just want to make sure I understood exactly what ur wondering:-)

Sunset
(no login)
I know you guys are sick of hearing this
March 8 2006, 5:15 PM

but I think it would be a good idea to continue massage while you are breaking from herbs. That may help in the loosing of any growth.
I plan to continue massages way after I am finished with NBE. However, not as much maybe just 1 time before bed. Just a suggestion.

Jane
(no login)
Exactly Steph
March 8 2006, 8:22 PM

I'm going to try just that Smile

I'm interested in knowing thte different effects of all theese different processes and maybe get something more concrete in the end result for those women to come.

I've been doing alot of research on the theorectical part and some pratical research would come in handy. If anyone wants to help out with this, I'd appreciate any input.

And about the massage thing, I think you're right sunset, continuing the massage during the break from the herbs would be a good idea Smile

Jane

Massage during breaks??
March 30 2006 at 1:58 AM Fabby (Login Fabby01)

For you ladies that have been on NBE for a while, when you have taken breaks, did you stop massaging too? Or did you keep massaging without the herbs?

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Massage during breaks??
March 30 2006, 2:54 AM

I know you asked for the ladies who been doing it long enough to break, but I just wanted to say you can/its ok to continue if you want. But when you break from herbs it should be from ALL herbs including any you may put in booby batter. You probably already know that, but maybe some of the newbies dont, so I thought I'd mention it.

Fabby
(Login Fabby01)
March 30 2006, 3:04 AM

Thanks sunset. But still ok to use the cocoa and vit.E right?

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
yes
March 30 2006, 3:16 AM

its ok to continue to use whatever lotion/oil you have been using, but you should remove all herbs from the batter during breaks.

Anonymous
(Login Fabby01)
Got it
March 30 2006, 5:40 AM

Thanks!

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
March 30 2006, 9:42 AM

Sunset couldn't have said it better; I went on a break for two months and massaged for about a month after I stopped, without added herbs and I think it helped me not to lose too much.
If your break is shorter than that you shouldn't lose any growth, so don't worry about that but do continue the massages, that might help you boobs grow a bit more.
Take care,
Lisa

Anonymous
(Login Fabby01)
March 30 2006, 5:29 PM

Thanks Lisa! Will def. do that!!

Should I still do MASSAGE when I take my BREAKS?
February 26 2006 at 9:36 PM Sunset (no login)

I seen this question in another thread and it had not been answered yet.
I thought it deserved a thread of it's own.
Should you stop or continue to do the massages?
And should you also STOP putting herbs into your boobie batter as well while taking your breaks?

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: Should I still do MASSAGE when I take my BREAKS?
February 26 2006, 9:54 PM

it depends. if you want to break to also relax then yeah its ok to stop the massages as well. you can still grow during a break. some women have stalled and once they stopped everything they get a majore growth spurt. massages keeps the circulation up; making sure hormones and nutrients still keep going to the breasts. so i would say its a good idea to keep up the massage if you can manage it.

its possible you may shrink a little. it may not be do to the fact you stopped the massage but many women continue the massage just in case. also i read on bob's forum of women using pm creams during breaks to prevent shrinkage and it seemed to work well. PM has a nack for keeping up firmness and preventing deflation. also Progesterone cream also has a nack for preventing shrinkage but on the same note it can also cause it too. so be careful. some women find that the cream cause them to shrink a little at first but overall it firms the breasts and may help to make the growth more perminant. progesterone cream has been known to reduce swelling so that may be the cause. but also if you have an estrogen excess (for lets say... ther herbs you are taking) the cream will resensitze the receptors and cause more swelling. so it depends. it takes 4-6 months to get the full enhancing benifits of the cream so the f2f book doesnt warn you about that. 1 month is only barely enough time for the cream to clear and resensitize estrogen receptors.

to say on the safe side i would say keep up with the massages. but feel that you have to.

Sunset
(no login)
February 26 2006, 10:02 PM

Thank you SugarQ for the usefull info.

Sunset
(no login)
Stop putting fenugreek oil in massage as well?
February 26 2006, 11:08 PM

When you break from herbs does that mean the herbs you put into your bobbie batter as well then? (Just making sure)

SugarQ
(no login)
February 26 2006, 11:18 PM

you can still use the booby batter if you want. just stop taking the herbs internally.

Sunset
(no login)
Thanks
February 26 2006, 11:52 PM

I know you helped answer some of my questions, and hopefully this'll help others also.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon