Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Marijuana

drugs dopamine prolactin
March 25 2009 at 7:00 AM lisa (no login)
quick question. I have a female freind who has been a chronic marijuana smoker for a year and a half, but feels self conscious about her breast size. It is well known that marijuana stimulates dopamine and I read that excessive dopamine production can inhibit prolactin production. any thoughts on this?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: drugs dopamine prolactin
March 25 2009, 1:56 PM

Hi Lisa,

Good question. I think you are right about there being some negative effect.

I am also pretty sure that marijuana is a phytoestrogen and your friend may be blocking her estrogen receptors with so much of it that it is keeping her more potent natural estrogen from getting to her receptors.

You may have found a culprit to your friends dilemma.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

lisa
(no login)
March 25 2009, 5:32 PM

thanks for the quick response waxingmoon! She admittedly is worried to quit cold turkey, and feeling moody just thinking about her steady supply of dopamine being gone, but she also does not want to ruin her chances at nbe. if she abosolutely believes she still needs to smoke every now and then, when will be the best time, if their is a best time? after her period? during? before?

when is their too much dopamine in the system to where it will stop prolactins job?

Are their lower sources of dopamine precursors/sources in foods? should she avoid these as well, or use food for dopamine production(may not be as potent) in place of marijuana to curb depression?

no one may know this, but I will look into this later anyway.

zoey
(no login)
March 26 2009, 9:39 PM

Yes marijuana greatly increases dopamine levels, but it doesn't cause any permanent damage to the dopamine producing brain cells.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Marijuana - by admin - 24-02-2016, 01:05 PM
marijuana and BE? - by admin - 24-02-2016, 01:07 PM
drugs dopamine prolactin - by admin - 24-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Ecstacy & NBE - by admin - 24-02-2016, 01:26 PM
smoking up? off topic - by admin - 24-02-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: smoking up? off topic - by Anselm - 03-01-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: smoking up? off topic - by James98 - 04-01-2018, 05:08 AM
RE: smoking up? off topic - by Bonny - 04-01-2018, 10:39 PM