Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Heat Pad

Hot water bottle instead of heat pads?
September 5 2008 at 11:03 AM Holly (Login DancingArianFlame)
Can i use a hot water bottle on each breasts after massaging for half an hour instead of heat pads?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: Hot water bottle instead of heat pads?
September 5 2008, 8:22 PM

I don't see why not, heat is heat.

may
(Login Cselestyna)
September 6 2008, 4:28 AM

hot water bottles are too hot, it will kill and benefits/nutrients. heating pads are reccomended because they have a low setting, too high a heat will not benefit you, just like cooking vegetables kiils most the nutrients, using to high a heat will do the same. so i advise you not to use a water bottle. you can get a good cheap one for 20$ at wal-mart. as long as you put it on LOW heat.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
September 6 2008, 11:06 AM

I don't think heat would ''kill'' anything related to NBE, it would simply cause blisters on the skin, but of course one isn't supposed to use it that hot. Pads are a lot more convenient tho.

This message has been edited by -Moon- on Sep 6, 2008 11:07 AM

(no login)
September 6 2008, 11:57 AM

You could try adding hot and cold water to the hot water bottle so it's not too hot?

justpeachy12
(Login justpeachy12)
September 6 2008, 11:59 PM

I use a hot water bottle, simply bc I had one already and didn't want to spend $. I don't find it inconvenient and think it works just fine. all that matters is that it's not too hot.

Holly
(Login DancingArianFlame)
September 7 2008, 3:26 PM

yeah thank you Smile well the hot watter bottle has a cover but yeah i guess i could just add cold water to it too thanks Smile how long should i leave it on each breast for?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
September 7 2008, 3:47 PM

Take it to bed with you, so that you don't have to sit arround with a bottle and waste time during the day.

Juliet
(Login Juliet16)
September 7 2008, 6:42 PM

Where can I buy heat pads? And if it's possible, can anyone show me a picture of how they look? because I can't imagine how they are.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
September 7 2008, 7:15 PM

You can usually find them in health stores. I have one that looks like these: http://buyit123.com/heating%20images/sma...03_508.jpg
but I don't really use them for NBE, too lazy. There's this jello-like stuff in them that is supposed to store heat and release it slowly.

Sunshine
(no login)
Juliet
September 7 2008, 10:02 PM

You can find both hot water bottles and electric heating pads in these places. I always see them in pharmacies in Wal-mart, so I'm sure they're common to find (water bottles are usually near the Midol, etc, while electric is by back support stuff).

Hot water bottle picture so you know what to look for:
http://bharatisurgical.com/images/hot_wa...ed_big.jpg

I myself use an electric one because it's thin and a little more flexible so I usually just kind of wrap it around my area and then wear a loose fitting tank with a bra shelf-lette to hold it in place so I can go about studying. Pretty convenient!And it has various heat settings. Never leave this type on while you sleep though, even if it has automatic shut off like mine... you never know when there will be a glitch in the product, even after several uses (it could overheat, or fail to automatically shut off)

If you use a hot water bottle instead, it will obviously cool off on its own, so you can use it to bed.

Hope that helps

may
(Login Cselestyna)
September 8 2008, 5:09 PM

well if you're using a water bottle that isn't to hot, it should get cool after a little whilte, but if you're using a heating pad, usint on LOW heat for no longer than 20 mins, and more than 30 at the most could be bad.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Heat Pad - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:21 AM
massage heat pads - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:23 AM
heating pad? - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Heat Pad - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:26 AM
Heat - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Heat Pad - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: Heat Pad - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Temperature controlled heating pads? - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:51 AM
Hot water bottle instead of heat pads? - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:54 AM
Homemade Heating Pad - by admin - 14-02-2016, 01:56 AM