Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mammograms

Has anyone here had a mammogram? I had one last week and found the whole experience a nightmare. The pain was horrendous. Maybe its because my breasts are small but the way they squeeze your breasts in between two plates was so painful I am still suffering. Just wanted to know if anyone has had a better experience. I knew there may be some discomfot but the pain was seriously unbearable. I know how important mammograms are, maybe second time around may be better.

Hi Laura, i had a mammogram about 6 or 7 weeks ago and i found it painfull aswell hun, i am male so it was my first one so i dont know if they will always be that uncomfortable, i hope not lol. But they are essential that you keep up with them on a regular basis, so i think we all have to just grin and bare them lol. Good luck hun xxxx

I agree with Cheryl. I think it is better to have piece of mind then not to do it just beacuse it hurts. Please Im not trying to make it sound like no big deal. But better safe then sorry HeartHeart
Jim

Mine was no walk in the park either. I think the smaller you are the more painful because it is pulling on skin hard just to get enough to stay between the plates. I haven't done this years yet, because I want to get a little larger just for kicks and giggles so I can see the look on my docs face when she compares this one to the last one. LOL. orneriness keeps a smile on my face when it comes to doctor appointments!

Hi, I hope you don't mind me chiming in, I'm only a newbie, and never had a mammogram. Have you thought about thermography? It isn't painful and has few risks, and is very accurate being a full body scan. I'm 38, and this will be my preferred option rather than mammograms in the very near future. Here in Australia there are only a few places that offer thermography, but if you are in the US, you might have more options. If you would like to know more you could read at Dr Mercola's website, he has many good articles in regards to breast screening.

Lilac

www.mercola.com

Oh thanks for all your responses. Cheyl, you will know what I mean about the moment they squeeze those plates on your boobs..........Oh god I went through hell. Breast man, yes, its so important to get them done, maybe it will be better next time for me. Lilac 71 I will have a look at Dr Mercola's website. I'm in the UK I don't know about thermography but will check this out.
My boobs are so hard, they are not soft and the pressure on them with squeezing made me cry out with pain.....lol I'm still sore....................its was not a pleasant experience........... I know its a quick procedure but I have friends that reported it being uncomforatble not painful. I'm wondering if big breasted woman suffer less pain with this procedure.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon