Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Black Currant Seed Oil

Black current seed oil instead of EPO or Borage oil
January 15 2007 at 12:46 AM LL (Login Lillea)
Hi everyone,

Black current seed oil has more GLA than EPO, so I'm wondering why no one seems to use it.

Any thoughts?

I'm also wondering if BCSO can be used in massage mixtures.

Also, if a person is taking flax seed oil internally, is the amount of the GLA containing oil requirement the same?

Katrina
(Login mountainkat)
Hi Lillea...
January 15 2007, 10:51 PM

I use black currant seed oil for GLA! I decided not to use borage oil because it is not recommended for long term use and it has more healthy GLA in it than evening primrose oil. It makes my skin softer. I was also going to ask why no-one has considered this supplement!

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
Re: Black current seed oil instead of EPO or Borage oil
January 16 2007, 12:32 AM

Hi Katrina,

That's great! What brand do you use?

Lillea

Anonymous
(Login mountainkat)
January 16 2007, 1:56 AM

It's called Health From the Sun, Black Currant 500 mgs. per soft gel. You take 3 softgels per day.

LL
(Login Lillea)
January 16 2007, 6:46 AM

Thank you for the source! Does anyone know a source for bottled black seed current oil? Preferably cold pressed and organic.

This message has been edited by Lillea on Dec 24, 2007 8:44 AM

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
black currrent seed oil
January 16 2007, 10:20 AM

I looked into this a while ago when i 1st found the fourm-the only reason i didnt use it ,sounds daft but what gets mentioned on here i tend to stick to and borage has had raving reports.now im more confident at what im doing im trying other things also

Hi l im not sure where your from-Iv looked for you and iv found blackcurrent seed oil at: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Black-Currant-O...-Sale_W0QQ
itemZ230076797712QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.nextag.com/black-seed-oil/search-html-this has pills and black seed oil?not sure if same product

Im going to ring my friend who owns a new age shop-she knows everything about oils and she only uses fair trade and organic products-if shes not got any in stock then she will know a uk stockist(she has online store also so u can order direct)
I will find the blackcurrent seed oil if its the last thing i do!!!

good luck

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 16 2007, 10:37 AM

Thank you, GingerD! This is so kind of you!

I live in Canada, but I can order from another country if that seems best.

The first link didn't work. The message on Ebay is that the listing isn't available anymore. Strange! Sad

Black seed oil is different, unfortunately.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
found it!!!!
January 16 2007, 10:47 AM

Yahoo!!!!
Now this is a lovely site-i didnt know so many oils exsisisted!!!!and very reasonably priced
http://www.luminescents.co.uk/catalog/pr...cts_id=336

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 16 2007, 11:10 AM

Hi! Oh dear, the link didn't work. Sad I could go to the site, but my search on it gets no results! What is it listed under?

Oh, I just found it! Smile

I'm not sure if this is okay to take internally, though. It may have been processed in a way that makes it only okay for external use in skin products. Does anyone know anything about this?

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
January 16 2007, 12:17 PM

right-i thaught you wanted the oil for massage as u was taking the pills internally-Its been hardenough to find it for massage Good idea though if u can get it, squirting it on salads and such like.Let me know if u get hold of some, id like to get some for food-i love blackcurrent

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 16 2007, 9:44 PM

Hi again!

Thank you for your efforts! I would probably use it for massage, too, but want to buy something that will work for both things.

Smile

diana
(Login Diana1978)
that was hard work!
January 17 2007, 11:39 PM

i think i found 2 sources for edible liquid form of black currant seed oil. http://www.oilsbynature.com/products/bla...nt-oil.htm and http://secure.annlouise..com/index.asp?/PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=62 hope this helps.

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
January 18 2007, 3:00 AM

Thank you, Diana. I had to change the link for the Ann Louise Gittleman product, which looks interesting. I want just pure black current seed oil, but someone else might like that combination to take internally.

The link should be:

http://secure.annlouise.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=62

Anonymous
(Login gingerD)
January 18 2007, 11:40 AM

Back to the old blackcurrent oil-Iv rang the supplyer and instead of £35.00 for 100ml i can get it for £8.00, can be baught as a kg which i didnt understand but they just rang me back-If u need any details google ancientwizdom i asked if it was edible and again she said she would get back to me.

Well done for finding the eddible stuff D!!!!

Theresa
(Login Theresa)
January 19 2007, 9:28 PM

I think black currant seed oil contains omega3 as well as omega6.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon