Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Directly on the breasts

is wild yam cream safe to use every day??
March 25 2007 at 1:27 AM Ellie (Login Ellie)

is wild yam cream safe to be used directly on the breasts every day?

Anonymous
(Login 17280)
Re: is wild yam cream safe to use every day??
March 25 2007, 1:35 AM

Yes I want to know too, Wild yam cream is for pms and menopause, but to use for nbe can it be applied to breasts every day? or only when its time of month? I brought a jar from holland and barret which has 7% wild yam. Is that enough for nbe?

I found an intresting article.

http://www.all-natural.com/wildyam.html

Loreli
(Login Biarritz)
March 25 2007, 2:04 AM

That's a really interesting article. I saw some Wild Yam cream in the health food store the other day, i might give it a try. That lady said she used it every 4th day though?

Sara
(Login Sarabell239)
March 25 2007, 6:09 AM

that was a great article, thanks+

cutevelvet
(Login cutevelvet)
March 25 2007, 6:38 PM

i bought wild yam cream from holland and barretts but it doesnt state to apply certain times of your cycle. it just says apply twice a day for 8-10 weeks. thats what im doing. im 28 years old defo not menopausal! hey should i go by the instructions on the jar or what?

Anonymous
(Login 17280)
March 25 2007, 9:36 PM

so far i started this week from my first day of cycle, but havent noticed anything.

cutevelvet
(Login cutevelvet)
March 26 2007, 11:57 AM

i think 7% of wild yam would be considered safe to use every day otherwise the direction of use on the jar would state otherwise wouldnt it. there is alot of info suggesting that it should be used in certain days of the cycle but i wonder if that is mainly true with progesterone creams that are far more potent than 7%wild yam cream from holland and barretts. im applying every day for the past few days, started while i was on my periods.... i admit im getting shooting pains in the breast as soon as i apply it. if nbe is a trial and error program, im willing to make this mistake also, going by the instructions on the jar. twice daily for 8-10 weeks...fingers crossed and anything else i can cross with it!!

long road ahead.... good luck

Anonymous
(Login Sarabell239)
cutevelvet
March 26 2007, 6:47 PM

Hi,
Please keep us posted with you results. I am thinking about trying it, sorts broke now. But I'd love to hear if it's working for you+

Good luck++

Tessie
(no login)
Growing?
March 30 2007, 8:46 PM

Is anyone having any luck with the wild yam cream?

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
March 30 2007, 10:40 PM

I got 14% wild yam cream from vitamin world and it says to use it every day. I have been for a few months now and I think it's part of what's making me grow.

Jaz
(no login)
April 4 2007, 3:52 AM

I'm definitely growing with my homemade wild yam cream.

Just mix a few really good quality wild yam capsules, vit E and a couple of tablespoons of palmer's cocoa butter.
This should last a few days at least!

Massage it in especially before going to bed.

With this cream I've grown the most!

Jaz

Sidney
(no login)
April 4 2007, 11:56 PM

I have used the following cream everyday for a month, I don't know if it safe or not but it helps a lot.

Jason, Wild Yam Balancing Moisturizing Creme,
Description Pure, Natural & Organic

JASON has developed this 70 % Certified Organic Wild Yam Creme to comfort and soothe imbalances. A complete, enriched, highly nourishing, cooling combination of Seaweed, Algae, Ginseng and Mexican Wild Yam to hydrate and harmonize.
What it means to use ORGANIC products: A product deemed "organic" means that the ingredients were grown, handled and processed without the use of pesticides, irradiation or any genetic alteration. At JASON, we've stepped up our efforts to bring you more items that are not only pure and natural, but also organic.

Suggested UseApply daily, morning and night all over the body to deliver soft, delicious moisture. Thoroughly massage areas where moisture is needed.

Anonymous
(no login)
April 5 2007, 10:52 PM

i was thinking of buying that jason wild yam cream, Have u had any growth with it?

Sidney
(no login)
April 9 2007, 6:18 PM

No growth yet, but I don’t take any herbs

bonnette
(Login bonnette)
April 11 2007, 9:19 AM

i have been using the homemade version of wildyam cream for few days now and yesterday i really got clear pains when going to bed which i address to the exact cream. could it be that because the consistence is a bit gritty it exfoliates the skin thus it absorbs better, dont know but i hope it works or could it be just that i was on midcycle break for two days?

Bonnette

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
April 11 2007, 9:53 AM

Wild Yam 'Phytoestrogen' Creams (Wild Yam Scam)
Many woman, at one time or another have incorrectly thought wild yam extract creams and progesterone creams to be one and the same. The fact is they are not. They represent the same compound (diosgenin) at two very different stages of conversion.

To make a Wild Yam Extract cream, plant sterols (oils & fats) are extracted from the Mexican Wild Yam and Soy plants. We know that Wild Yam creams have a 'estrogenic' effect on the body, but there is no scientific proof that when cream is applied to the skin (or ingested in tablet or powder form) the active ingredient (diosgenin) derived from Wild Yam creams can be converted by the body into progesterone.

The very fact that progesterone is derived from Mexican Wild Yam is coincidental. Since the 1940's scientists have been using soya beans, wild yams and other plants from the tuber family to make progesterone. To make natural progesterone, Wild Yam Extract must be taken into the laboratory and synthesised with the aid of an enzyme, rendering it a hormone. This laboratory conversion is necessary because, as we stated above, the body has no means by which to convert the raw plant sterols into progesterone.

You can, at this stage, safely introduce synthesised progesterone into the body because your body sees this 'real' progesterone as having the same molecular configuration. No further conversion is necessary by the body. It's a perfect match. The key fits the lock. Because it's such a perfect match, the body recognises it as natural, and you don't experience any nasty side-effects that occur with some synthetic hormones. Further still, because it IS real progesterone, the body can use it to make other steroid hormones.

Women get very confused, largely because Dr John Lee’s work on progesterone has been promoted alongside Wild Yam creams. If you do see Wild Yam creams being marketed as a precursor of progesterone, steer clear (if you are after a genuine progesterone cream) because it does not contain real progesterone. It's just another way of confusing women into buying a product they didn't ask for in the first place. Feel free to use a wild yam cream if you wish to, however, be aware you are NOT going to get any progesterone benefits. It's more likely Wild Yam cream will have a estogenic effect on your body. Of some benefit, certainly, but not in the same league as natural progesterone.

Many a marketing sales pitch will tell you that diosgenin is a precursor to progesterone and the body is capable of converting. You'll remember in a previous chapter we outlined how diosgenin, derived from Wild Yam and/or Soy, is synthesised in the laboratory with the aid of an enzyme to render it a modecule your body can interpret. How then can the body convert this raw substance into a human hormone once it enters the body? The fact is it cannot. There is no enzyme in the body to do this. One popular brand of Wild Yam Extract cream making these claims here in Australia was put to the test by a reputed research institute and found that there was no evidence that the body could convert diosgenin into natural progesterone.

"...Claims have arisen in the popular literature that the female body can manufacture progesterone from diosgenin, particularly if a wild yam cream is applied to the skin... No evidence exits for mammalian enzymes which are capable of effecting what is a difficult chemical conversion. The evidence that does exist strongly disputes the possiblity of this conversion. In fact, diosgenin appears to have estogenic properties in mice and lacks progesteronic effects."
Herbal Medicine, Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy, Modern Herbal Medicine, Simon Mills, Kerry Bone, Published Churchill Livingstone

Why is wild yam extract included as an ingredient in some natural progesterone creams promoted by Dr John Lee?
While Dr. Lee was clear in both his desire to differentiate progesterone and wild yam and his statement that he did not know the specific effects of wild yam on the body, there is some confusion about the benefits that are known. Unfortunately, many women assume that the inclusion of wild yam, for any reason, is something to be avoided.

Master herbalists tell us that wild yam is known as an adaptogen herb. It would be like using fertilizer on a garden. If the plants need it they use it.

Wild yam has been used in female-related herbal formulations for years. A recent search of several herbal books on women's health revealed wild yam used in many formulas for pregnancy, nursing, menopause, and other female-specific issues.

The point here is that it is not the fact that a cream contains wild yam extract; it is what the manufacturer is claiming the extract will do.

Be very cautious of manufacturers of these natural progesterones creams who make claims that the wild yam extract in their cream will TURN INTO ANY HORMONE IN YOUR BODY. As stated above, the evidence that does exist strongly disputes the possiblity of this conversion. We believe it's included in creams because there is evidence of a synergistic benefit by the yam extract being in the cream.

http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory...creams.php

=^_^= x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Directly on the breasts - by admin - 31-01-2016, 02:03 PM
confusion over progesterone cream and wild yam - by admin - 31-01-2016, 02:04 PM
progestorone cream on breast - by admin - 31-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Directions on progesterone cream tell u to massage cream into fatty areas... - by admin - 31-01-2016, 02:11 PM
does anyone use wild yam cream - by admin - 23-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Massage with progesterone cream - by admin - 23-02-2016, 03:14 PM
RE: Directly on the breasts - by admin - 08-03-2016, 12:12 PM