Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Crunches

Here's a tip!
July 10 2008 at 10:52 PM Lana (no login)
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this..but do crunches!! I've noticed that my boobs are much more visible after I've done a couple sets of crunches. Toned upper abs make your boobs REALLY stand out!

It's not really an NBE tip but I think any little bit counts! Smile

Pumpkin
(no login)
Re: Here's a tip!
July 13 2008, 8:39 AM

Yes pectoral exercises will make them stand out a bit better. I think this is regarded as part of NBE.

Roseability86
(Login roseability86)
July 13 2008, 9:52 AM

What are crunches? Sit ups?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
July 13 2008, 10:32 AM

I believe crunches are sit ups. A toned stomach definitely makes your breasts look better cause it creates nicer proportions. I do them but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a flat stomach. Sad
Pectorals can make your boobs bigger by pushing them out more, but I think you'd have to work them out quite hard so that they'd increase in size.

Dixieland
(Login Dixieland)
crunches...
July 13 2008, 4:13 PM

Lana,
Crunches are half sit-ups, where you only go up part way and use stomach muscles only. I do them, I have great muscles on my tummy but with all the stretched skin from pregnancies you can't tell.

Does anyone know how to tighten this loose skin? I heard that the body wrap can sometimes tighten it, but don't want to put out the $$$ if it doesn't work.

You can also do criss/cross sit-ups that is good for the tummy/waistline too.

Dixieland

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
July 14 2008, 2:27 AM

pilates will tighten the tummy after birth. I've had three, flat tummy here Smile

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
July 14 2008, 6:37 AM

Thanks for the tip Lana.

Kieyah, Would this be good enough? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMptxZv4hQ

I can't complain about weight issues but I do have a pouch, like dixieland I wonder even if I tone my ab muscles what about the skin that is stretched? I never did any work outs after having kids. How long do you think it'd take to see some results if I'm consistent with it?

Waxingmoon, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Lana
(no login)
July 15 2008, 8:11 PM

Sorry, I forgot to check this thread!

Hi Roseability! Crunches are an exercise for your upper abdominal muscles. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor then lift your back up off the ground, but don't sit all the way up. You can rest your hands behind your head but try not to push on your neck.

I don't know what to do about loose skin around your stomach, but I found this online. http://www.women-workout-routines.com/po...utine.html
I love this European lady.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
July 15 2008, 9:55 PM

Hi Everyone,
When I work with people who want to improve the look of their midsection, the one thing I advise them not to do is sit ups or crunches. This is because I work with so many people who have back problems and sit ups and crunches can cause neck and back issues. They can even bring on disc problems in the back and neck.

Also when done improperly a sit up or crunch does not work the abs - instead it works the hip flexors.

Instead of crunches or sit ups I have people work the abdominal muscles while keeping the back in neutral positions.

One example is the plank position.

1. Start by kneeling with your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
2. Slowly stretch one leg back until you are resting on your toes and your body angles in a slope from your shoulders back to your ankles (push up position).
3. Breathe in deeply, then as you exhale, slowly stretch back your other leg. Keep your hips from rising up so you feel all the work in your abs.
4. Slowly lower both knees at the same time. If you do this slowly enough you will feel even greater work in your abs.
5. Repeat several times.

If the above seems easy to do then while in the plank pose reach one arm forward and one foot off the floor while keeping your whole body still. (remember to breathe!!!)

The plank position can also be done starting with the elbows under the shoulders and the forearms forward. This takes pressure off of the wrist and is even more intense on the abs.

As far as tightening stretched skin - there is only so much that can be done, but one way is to exhale and pull in the abdomen firmly as if a drawstring were pulling in from the front and the sides. Hold for the duration of the exhale then relax as you breathe in and do it all again with the next exhale.

Remember to breathe,
waxingmoon

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
July 16 2008, 3:39 AM

Thanks waxingmoon, I'll look into the plank position.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
July 16 2008, 5:17 PM

Yeah I actually don't do many crunches and situps, but the exercise where you sit back and support your body on your elbows and then lift your legs. No back problems and works out stomach muscles.

Erica
February 23 2007 at 7:49 PM
Myjourney (Login Myjourney)
Hi Erica,

I was wondering if you could explain further about something. I believe you said earlier that you did pushups to get the shape of your breasts the way they are. Could you expound on how exactly you do your pushups? Like position of arms in relation to body, how wide are your hands, and are your hands higher or lower than your chest.

Also, are there any other exercises, or activities you do that affect your chest at all?

I have done tons of research over the years, to try to find exercises to get that shape. Perhaps is is just a genetic thing, because the way the muscles are on put on the body, they do not have that very round shape, and you can see with female body builders that have no chest, just muscle, the muscle does not look round.

But perhaps you have some secret exercise that you know of??? DO TELLL!!!!! I want my breasts to look more like your shape!!!! :-)

Anonymous
(no login)
Re: Erica
February 23 2007, 8:07 PM

I too am really wondering how you do your pushups. I have been doing regular ones, and have stopped because I am not getting wonderful results, more like loss of boobs. I guess it might have to do with personal body structure.............

Erica
(Login em357304)
February 23 2007, 9:21 PM

Hi there! I just do regular push-ups and some other various peck exercises...but there's no secret, not that I know of Wink I do them on my knees if that might make a difference...I don't like real push-ups...Do a google search on pectoral exercises and see what you come up with that basically how I found out about it...I know you said you've done research so have you tried anything? and how long if you have? It takes a month or so before you can see any real difference...I wish you could see results with exercise sooner!

Try this...stand in front of a mirror and flex your pectorals as tight as you can and that will tell you what kind of a shape you will have when they get bigger...at least you'll know what they'll look like...I think it would depend on a lot of things what type of results you would get my bulking up your pecs...it could depend on how high/low your pecs are in relation to your boobs...lots of things...then again it could be partially genetics, I've always had a nice round shape even when not exercising...but the good thing about trying it is that it's free and you can do it at your house...that helps a lot with motivation!

Sorry I'm not much help...if any at all Smile Good luck with your boobie endeavors!

Buffeee
(Login Buffeeee)
February 23 2007, 9:29 PM

Doing pushups with your hands farther apart will engage your front deltoids (shoulders) and chest muscles more. Close-together hands engage the triceps more.

I think chest flys do more for your pecs, though. But you need weights for that.

Anonymous
(Login Myjourney)
Thanks, everyone!
February 24 2007, 12:08 AM

Thanks for all the good input! I have free weights, and bands, so I have quite a variety of ways of workin' my pecs. I guess I would say that my pecs are higher than my breasts, and I have a long torso, so my breasts look lower than on most. Darn! I was hopin' you had some secret to that super round......
Oh well... back to the basics...

Henri
(no login)
February 24 2007, 11:09 AM

MyJourney don't feel bad ~ my boobs sit higher up too. When I flex they firm up above the boob, and a little on the boob but thats it. Already do the excercises for behind the boob, but like I said earlier, I think I am losing boobs and gaining pecks :-O I too have a long torso, so maybe thats why? Either way I am going to drop the number of upper chest excercises I do, and hope for the best.

Anonymous
(Login em357304)
February 24 2007, 4:02 PM

There could be something to the length of your torso as to where your pecs are...I have a very short torso...and really long legs...lol...my hip bones and my rib cage have about 1/2 inch between them...I wish I had a longer torso, it would make me feel more evened out...but then again I'd probably miss my legs...

push ups ?
December 11 2006 at 7:08 AM sunshine (no login)
just wondering if anyone knows if / why push-ups are good for NBE ? I know tigerlily, erica and a few others incorporated them. is there a specific reason why ? any feedback is appreciated Smile

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
Re: push ups ?
December 11 2006, 7:54 AM

Push-ups help to develop the pectoral muscles behind the breasts, which in turn help "lift" the breasts up. Push-ups are really best for breasts that are sagging, and will not develop the breast itself.

Tessica
(Login Tessica)
December 11 2006, 8:38 AM

Developing the pectoral (chest) muscles will help push the breasts out and give the illusion of fullness and a more clearly defined cleavage line. Just be careful not to over do it or you'll start burning off fat.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 11 2006, 12:20 PM

Like other girls said, push-ups are good to shape boobs, especially if you want them to be round on top. Just a correction - you don't start burning fat in the breasts by doing push-ups, but all over the body and only when you have low levels of glucose in your blood, that is when you haven't eaten. And there is another source of energy aside from fatty acids when glucose is unavailable, that is glicogen, so it's not likely to burn fat in the boobs, unless you loose a lot of weight and fat all over the body.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
December 11 2006, 1:55 PM

Here is another thought that I believe Tigerlily also stated. Doing push ups creates localized heat and increased blood flow in the pectoral muscle. She liked to do her push ups before massage. If enhanced blood flow to the breast area can help NBE then it is not a bad idea.

bonnette
(Login bonnette)
December 11 2006, 2:06 PM

silly me...i actually thought she was referring to push-up-bras Smile)))

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 11 2006, 7:22 PM

I definitely agree with Waxingmoon. It does increase the blood flow in the local area as well as temperature, so it would be excelent for NBE.

Kari
(Login PinkNika)
I think so
December 11 2006, 7:25 PM

I have been doing push ups and the tops are getting a teeny bit bigger and I do feel more sore up top. I think its a good idea.

sunshine
(no login)
December 12 2006, 2:03 AM

wow, thanks for all the info - i was kind of embarassed to ask, it seemed like it might be a silly question - you girls are great !! I definitely will start doing some before massages Smile

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
did i mention this?
December 12 2006, 5:44 PM

i cant remember, and i just skimmed the posts...

if you are having trouble doing pushups, remember you can do them on your knees or even against a wall. the further apart your hands are the more it will work your chest muscles instead of your arm muscles, too, so spread out your hands further than your shoulders. if you are looking for arms, you want them very close all the way out to shoulders. make sure to change hand positions frequently so you get more muscle groups. also, if you spread your feet out, you dont have to "balance" as much, but if you can do them on one foot with the other crossed over, you will also give your obliques (side abs) a bit to do since they have to keep you from falling over!

can you tell i have been doing pushups awhile? go military...

now get pushing, ladies!

Was it pushups or situps?
January 27 2007 at 9:28 PM Boobies06 (Login boobies06)
which of the two exercises is the one that helps with breast shape?

Anna
(Login anna-a)
Re: Was it pushups or situps?
January 27 2007, 10:58 PM

Hey,

I thought Erica was successful with push ups

Good luck x

flatgirl!
(Login flatgirl)
January 27 2007, 10:59 PM

push ups, or push ups against a wall, or make your palms like your praying right in front of your chest and push the heel of your palms together hard. you can see the muscle moving if you do it in front of a mirror.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
January 27 2007, 11:36 PM

Just watch out how many you do!!!! For us smaller ladies (ahem), you might start to develop pecs instead of boobs.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
January 27 2007, 11:49 PM

It's good to develop the pecks, because they push the gland outwards and this actually makes boobs bigger, not as much though, but a little.

Anonymous
(no login)
boobies...
January 28 2007, 12:48 AM

ummm.. why would sit-ups help your pectoral muscles?

It's best to do push-ups with your legs on a chair so that your body is elevated. You work the pecs more if your hands are closer together. Or if you want to work on toning arms, then you'd spread your hands out farther.
Or do it how you're comfortable. However, doing them the girly way isn't as effective. Neither is against a wall.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
not closer together...
January 28 2007, 12:08 PM

farther apart. wide-arm pushups are for the chest. close-hand pushups are for the arms... (its also logical, if you look at where your weight and center of gravity are what muscles you would use). you can feel the difference as you do them with your arms at varying widths. its why they tell us when we are taking a physical fitness test that if your arms are getting supertired and you still need to squeeze out a few more, spread out your hands and let your chest do the work... you may have been told differently so this isnt to contradict, anonymous, but that is how i have learned (and felt!) it (and how i have been able to max out my pushups on my tests! hooray!). start out with your hands farther than shoulder-width apart and do about 20... if you need to, do them on your knees or against a wall. you arent looking to add too much bulk here, just keep those muscles in shape!

sit-ups wont help your chest, my friend boobies, BUT they will help keep you from gaining weight and bloat. crunches will also help keep that underbust area slimmer... giving the appearance of more growth... the more toned your tummy is, the bigger your boobies will look in comparison, no?

so i say both, but then again i have to do both anyway!

Working out to build bust
January 28 2007 at 5:59 AM sarah (no login)
Hi, I've heard many times that various exercises like push-ups, chest presses, etc. can build the appearance of a larger chest. What I'm paranoid about is that my chest will end up looking bulky like one of those women body builders. Also, wouldn't all that strain in your chest area inhibit the breast growth?

sukidoll
(Login sukidoll)
Re: working out to build bust
January 28 2007, 9:43 AM

I was sorta wondering about this too, since I am quite skinny I don't want to end up with pecs. I'm not trying to lift the breasts so I don't want any muscles there.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
you want SOME muscles
January 28 2007, 12:16 PM

or else you will get a weak chest, which will not only cause droopy boobs but can give you other health problems, can affect your back and shoulders, etc.

you dont have to be superscared of pushups. just do about 20 a day, do them against a wall or on your knees if you have to, to keep those muscles toned and in shape. you dont need to do a ton of them, nor with a lot of weight (like putting your feet up or something). but you DO want to exercise the chest muscles at some point!!

you want ALL of your muscles to be in shape, remember! being healthy is key...

stay healthy, ladies, and grow big!!

Buffeee
(Login Buffeee)
January 28 2007, 6:45 PM

You'd have to do a ton of lifting in order to put bulk on your chest! It takes heavy weights to build any bulk, anyways. The excercises most women do for chest will not accomplish bulk, so don't worry.

I find that if I really concentrate on working my chest, I'll get a bit of cleavage-like muscle between the boobs.

When a friend of mine with huge boobs (5'2", 110 lbs, 34DD) worked out obsessively to lose weight, her newly found chest muscles gave her boobs a lot of lift- making them appear smaller when all they really did was support them better.

I think that weight training is good for any body type. If you have any sag in the boobage, they might end up looking smaller but you will gain some perk.

Anonymous
(Login kittycatra)
January 28 2007, 8:45 PM

women always have this fear that if they lift a weight they'll be bulked up.
This is not true. Womens bodies can not bulk up like those female body builders unless you are taking harmful supplements like steriods. You would also have to do A LOT of heavy weight training.
Trust me, you want to tone your chest, otherwise once you do have big boobs, they might end up being saggy ones instead of nicely lifted ones!! And that's scary! =(

Whitney
(Login Magickwomun)
January 29 2007, 7:01 AM

Professional competition body builders often workout in full facility gyms, several hours a day with the guidance of a nutritionist and a persoanl training coach. They lift weights none of us could budge. They often have degrees in physical education. It is their livelihood to bulk up. Of course their chest muscles become overbearing. Then they end up burning most of their body fat away adding cardio training to their workouts.

If you work out with weights start out with resistance exercises and work up to weights slowly, keep your repetitions low. Start out with 2 lbs and maybe 6-8 reps once or twice a day (every other day) and ramp up your weight and reps each week not to exceed 20 reps or 15 pounds. Working the pec muscles will actually help increase blood circulation in the chest. Safe exercise will not put a strain on your body, it will actually increase your endurance, stamina and improve your posture and push the breasts forward.

Natural Breast Enhancement Excersice
June 21 2006 at 11:25 PM C (Login frenchkitty84)
Hi, i read an article about push-ups, that work for NBE, i was thinking about it because once i saw in the Ellen Degeneres Show that Lindsay Lohan was the guest, and she said to Ellen she loved to do push-ups, and she has big breasts, so i made a research on the web and found this: Natural Breast Enhancement Exercises:

"Breast enhancement exercises are perhaps the cheapest and most natural method for promoting breast growth although they require a dedicated approach to make them work. The most popular breast enhancement exercise is a push-up. Here�s the right way to do push-ups:

1) Lie facing down on your stomach on a flat surface

2) Bend your knees and cross your ankles.

3) Now start bending your elbows while keeping your palms in line with your shoulders.

4) Remaining balanced on your palms and elbows raise your body - keeping your ankles crossed. This way, you don't raise too much weight. Don't straighten your elbows when raising the body - it may cause damage to your joints.

5) Slowly lower your entire body, but don't lie down. You should decrease the angle only until your arms become in line with the floor.

You should try to repeat push-ups ten times, gradually increasing the repetitions as you get stronger. Performing these natural breast enhancement exercises daily, or at least two to three times a week should help you achieve more round "perky" breasts. Plus, it has the added benefit of strengthening your back muscles to help improve your posture, too.

Following an exercise regime that includes push-ups you can also use natural breast enhancement creams and pills. When all the breast enhancement techniques are used in conjunction with each other, you can achieve optimal results. "

Please write your comments if you like. *HUGS* .

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Natural Breast Enhancement Excersice
June 22 2006, 3:39 AM

Very interesting, wonder if this really works. I think I'll add it into my routine. Thanks for the info Smile

C
(Login frenchkitty84)
July 22 2006, 10:10 PM

Yes i've been doing the excersices a little bit everyday, i do feel a change, i feel like a tingling, and they feel more firm, but still i recommend to do this excersice with the pills or herbs that everybody is recommending.

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
July 23 2006, 9:07 AM

Just a quick note: push-ups do not actually make breasts bigger. Such exercises work the pectoral muscles under the breasts, and not the tissue and fat itself. Bulking up the pectoral muscles will also increase the chest circumference, which is why we often see female bodybuilders with large bulging chest muscles but not actual breasts. Push-ups are good for saggy breasts to make them firmer, but that only works if one has breasts to begin with. Once a person stops the chest exercises, the breasts will continue to droop again in the future.

elle
(Login elle123xx)
EVE MEMBERS
July 25 2006, 1:38 PM

linsy lohans arnt real tho, im pretty sure shes recently had a boob job

Anonymous
(no login)
July 31 2006, 4:12 AM

Yes, elle is right, Lindsey Lohan had implants. They didnt just grow two cups sizes overnight from pushups lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon