Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tell your doctor about herbs?

Tell your doctor about herbs?
April 21 2009 at 9:26 AM lori (no login)
question for anyone... have any of you ever told your doctor that you are trying to increase your breast size? If you do, do they always say its not possible? Choose not to mention it to them, because of the inevitable discouragement? just curious..

Serene
(no login)
told my doctor
April 21 2009, 9:42 PM

I told my doctor to make sure that the herbs I was taking/planning on taking would not interfere with any medication I was taking, and to get her opinion on it. She recomended a naturopath for me to see and to help me set a routine that would be simple and would help with a few other things.

I think telling your doctor depends on how you feel about your doctor. Some doctors might frown upon it, and some might be helpful. If you are dealing with health issues however it might be a good idea to discuss BE and the herbs, or your routine or possible routine to make sure it won't have a negative effect on your health.

If you do tell your doctor and you disagree with the response it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.

Best of luck!
Serene

milani
(Login millanii)
Re: tell doctor what your doing?
April 21 2009, 11:29 PM

hi, my mum mentioned to the nurse that i was thinking of trying natural herbs. She pretty much said it wouldnt work and that if it did work then everyone would be doing it. Her advice was to hit the gym....as if thats gonna make my boobs grow lol all that can do is improve the shape or tone them not actually grow breast tissue.I think alot of the time these people boohoo the whole NBE thing before they've actually looking into it
Its nice to prove the "professionals" wrong some times Smile

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
April 21 2009, 11:33 PM

Most doctors (but not all) will say that NBE is impossible but that's actually a very ignorant statement. It has been discussed many times why. Doctors aren't gods.

lori
(no login)
April 22 2009, 3:43 AM

yea docs can be dumb.. I was just doubting that nbe could be done to myself personally. I'am massaging bones and it feels like I am 'sanding down' what little fat I have in the chest. I wonder about alternative docs, but I am sure most will say the same as conventional. I just have a glimmer of hope that I could have some kind of serious conversation with a professional about this, considering my health problems as well.

lori
(no login)
April 22 2009, 3:59 AM

I thought of another thing. How about acupuncture or acupressure or biofeedback brain wave generators. If some girls out their have little to no health complications, acupuncture could possibly set up the dominoes(hormones) in place for prepuberty, then you can set it off on what you eat, massage, positive thought, etc. Just thinking out loud, any one else thought/try something similar to this?

has anyone ever wrote out how hormones work before puberty? You can set off your puberty, right? That is what most of you are trying to do, how else would I or anyone else for that matter achieve breast growth? not being pessimistic in that last sentence, just slighty confused. can someone please clarify?

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
April 22 2009, 1:52 PM

I do mention the herbs I am taking to the doctor if I am having some medical problem. I do not tell them why I'm taking it. They usually are not concerned about the herbs. It doesn't pay to have them squash your dreams - positive thinking is so important for our results.

MrsJimHalpert
(Login MrsJimHalpert)
April 23 2009, 6:51 PM

you know, money rules this world and Rx companies do give money to doctors. what do you expect them to say? i never and will never tell my docs im doing this.

To tell your doctor, or not to tell your doctor?
August 25 2007 at 5:47 PM Lisa (Login lilmama40)
So I have my annual "lady" check-up comming up soon and I'm pondering what to do. My usual doctor has moved away and I will now be seeing a new one (still a female), and I thought I would feel fairly comfortable telling my old doc about the BO for boob growth, but now I'm apprehensive to tell the new doc! Has anyone experienced this? What has been the feed-back you've gotten if you told your doctor what you were doing? Do they really even need to know? I don't feel that my boobs "feel" any different when doing a self breast exam, so I don't think that she will notice anything out of the ordinary there. I just wonder if the BO could affect anything she might be checking and if it's something she needs to know or not. Help!

Black Sheep
(Login Halome)
Re: To tell your doctor, or not to tell your doctor?
August 25 2007, 9:51 PM

I don't know anything about BO, but with other herbs, if they really question it (because a lot of doctors will, and HAVE, said there is nothing you can do to grow breasts except get pregnant.) you can just find out the other benefits to the product and use that. For example I use PM, Vitex and progesterone cream right now. I have been telling people I am trying to gain weight and one reason I might not be gaining anything is because my hormones are unbalanced, so I'm trying to do it through herbal means Wink

I personally have never met a doctor that will say "Oh yeah go ahead and do that you might grow!" Nearly every one will say "The only way you will get larger breast is through augmentation". Which is why if a doctor tells me there's onyl one way to do something, you bet your butt I'll be on google making sure it's not just them trying to get more needless money from me Wink

Your Doctor!!!
August 7 2009 at 4:00 PM mommcafee (Login mommcafee)
I am disturbed by a few threads I have read where some women have recently gone to the doc, and then make assumptions about their herbs bc a similar discussion with their doctor. Folks please think, this actually says a lot about you or your doctor!!!

1. You know what you are doing to yourself is rediculous, so you wont tell. Stop it!

2. You dont believe in your doctor, or you have a doctor you feel pretty sure wont work with you and your health choices. You need a new doctor!

3. You are immature where your own health is concerned (too embarassed to talk to the most important person concerning your health). If you are big enough to grow boobs, you are big enough to start learning to take charge of your health!

Bottom line, your body is a system. When you keep secrets from your chosen medical providers, you are influencing their decisions. They may choose to prescribe different methods or medicines based on your current activites to yourself. Everything effects everything. Who knows, everyone is an individual and some persons could be more delicate than others, dont cause your medical providers to hurt you through secrets. Persons who keep secrets regarding their health have no right to complain when the medical community harms them, as the medical community wasn't given the right to make an educated decision about you.

Love to all, but this is rediculous!! Wink

mommcafee
(Login mommcafee)
handle your doc
August 7 2009, 4:03 PM

I guess some may not know how:

1. State firmly/ respectfully to your doc what and how you want to do your healthcare.

If you are rude you could be considered a liability(potential lawsuit), and could be rejected assistance with your decisions, they will be nice to your face and inwardly disregard you. Stand firm and expect your doctor to show willingness to go back to the drawing board (so to speak) and work with you. Do try to be flexible if your doc stands firm about something and get an understandable explanation as to why they disagree with your choices. Most docs will follow your lead and even try to help or just give a little giggle and say its ok to go ahead even if they disagree.

2. If you have an inflexible doc that wont even listen to you or attempt to make adjustments to your desires (as long as he/she cannot pinpoint why it is specifically unsafe for you) then switch doctors! They are healthcare providers, not your parents!

Sometimes you may feel you have an inflexible doc, go ahead and speak up, it may just be their relationship with you that has developed over time, and seeing your respectful new assertion could be all it takes to adjust their attitude. If your doc sees a workable willingness in you and that you expect the same, you will get much further.

(I also put this in the PM forum, forgot I wasnt in the main forum, sorry!)

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: Your Doctor!!!
August 7 2009, 5:00 PM

Hi Mommcafee,

So true. We pay these professionals to render advice about our health but withhold the very information they would need to make a good decision for us.

Doctors are our consultants. They are not our parents. We do not have to do what they say, but if we want the best advice they can give us we have to help them. What they don't know can hurt us.

If you have a doctor that treats you like a child then be an adult and find a new doctor.

Also - just because you have a doctor does not mean you have no responsibilities to your own health. In this day and age of the internet we can research the information we are given, we can look up the side effects of prescriptions we are given, we can look for second opinions... there is so much - but if you don't use any of this information and just rely only on what your doctor tells you then your choices are limited.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
August 7 2009, 6:28 PM

It might also pay to get a doctor who has some familiarity with herbs. Doctors are not trained in the usage of herbs or natural medicine. This is one of the reasons that you need to educate yourself - so you can explain to the doctor in terms that he is used to dealing with, what you are doing and how it works on the cellular level.

I think that this is a broader subject, but talking to your doctor is always a good idea. One big example that comes to mind is where women come here and think that they are progesterone deficient or estrogen dominant (unaware that this is not necessarily bad) with almost no evidence in many cases. This has bothered me for a long time. A test or opinion from a doctor would really be a great thing to go on before trying to fix a problem that may not even exist.

And then there is the situation where some women are so in tune with their bodies that they can see that the doctor isn't getting it, so they rightfully take their health into their own hands, come to a board like this, try the herbs and see vast improvement.

Doctors' opinions are good and in some cases should be sought out. But when it boils right down to it, everyone is responsible for themselves and should exhaust all possible informational sources before making a decision. It seems to me that the opinion of a competent doctor would be highly valued.

My 2 cents,

Wahaika

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
August 7 2009, 11:24 PM

I choose NOT to tell my doctor about my NBE quest.

If I were taking prescription drugs, were pregnant or had anything wrong w me, I would certainly mention that I am taking such and such herbs and the dosages.

Most doctors are against alternative treatments and not knowledgeable about them. Telling your average doctor is just asking for someone to tell you that you are wasting your time. I believe negative thinking is very bad for this process and that's why I choose not to discuss it w him. If the time comes when he is treating me for something or sees something has changed, I will, but until then - nope.

for a while I was doing eye exercises and then I mentionned this to my eye doctor. He told me i was wasting my time. I haven't been able to get the energy up to do this again, even though I was getting positive changes.

Many doctors are threatened by treatments that do not come from them. That's just my personal experience.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
August 8 2009, 3:01 AM

You nailed some very good points!!

Are you using the See Clearly Method?

mommcafee
(Login mommcafee)
August 8 2009, 3:13 AM

I can see your point, and yes some docs will giggle and negate your approach, and I do get the whole negative energy thing.

Im still gonna say you should open up and accept the possibility of some criticism, whatever life has in store for anyone, hopefully you are CONSCIOUS and ABLE to update your medical history.

Also, a lot of people worry about negative energy on here. I like Mel C _what you think about you bring about_ If you think some difference in opinion is gonna change your own then it probably will.

It takes a lot of focus, but I try to carry my own beliefs/attitudes/opinions/thoughts/energy.
I think that is the true strength, when you can take the difference of others and accept who they are, without letting it alter your path unless YOU deem it neccessary.

xoxoxox

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
August 9 2009, 4:21 PM

Wahaika,

I was doing a combo of Bates exercises, hot/cold packs on the eyes and also using glasses that were too weak for my eyes.

Mommcafee,

I'd update my medical history but there is nothing to update. If anything, my mild case of PMS has gone and my sometimes "lumpy" breasts have been cured. I'm sure my doc will think they went away on there own.

mommcafee
(Login mommcafee)
August 9 2009, 6:38 PM

Wannabecee,

Hey its your biz, I was just concerned about people, and wanted to call it to everyones attention to really think about it. Thats all.

=)

Doctor Doctor
September 13 2005 at 10:33 AM Karen (no login)
I heard that Wonderup was featured on the "Doctor Doctor" programme on channel five. Did anyone see this or know what they said about it?

Jennelle
(no login)
Re: Doctor Doctor
September 16 2005, 10:47 AM

I expect that not many people watch daytime TV on Five, so realistically I don't think you're going to be inundated with replies on this one. I thought that show was a high brow medical programme anyway. I'm surprised they would discuss something such as herbal breast enhancement or anything herbal for that matter.

Cayenne
(no login)
September 27 2005, 9:52 AM

Yes I saw that. I watch all these medical programmes. And "Doctor Doctor" is not a high brow programme at all, they actually discuss anything that viewers suggest, no matter what it is. Not to mention they had that girl on there from Big Brother the last time I saw it, which rather proves my point. They said that Wonderup was a genuine product, but despite the fact there was at least one study to support it, they said there was nothing at all that would amount to evidence that would be accepted by the medical community, so they couldn't recommend it.

Anonymous
(no login)
September 27 2005, 1:09 PM

at what time and what day do they show the programm?

Cayenne
(no login)
September 29 2005, 10:30 AM

It's finished it's run for now. The programme featuring Wonderup was the last but one of the last series. I think it's going to be back soon though and it's on every day Monday to Friday at 10:30 (in the morning).

Michelle
(no login)
December 30 2005, 11:04 AM

I saw that programme! It was interesting, I thought the doctors would be highly sceptical, but they weren't and the programe wasn't a slam against Wonderup at all. I personally thought it was encoraging. They took some calls from viewers who said they had been successful on herbal breast enhancement, because they have phone-ins on that show. I thought it was all quite positive. Another thing, I also heard that Five may return to the subject some time in the New Year.

SugarQ
(no login)
December 30 2005, 6:22 PM

michelle, there are millions of doctors out there and it should be easy to find at the very least one that would defend wonderup. there are alot of quack like that. have these doctors tested the product out on some participants? did the program show pictures (and i mean full body shots(inculding face) and no cloths or bra)? and the whole "phone in your success" part can easily be a simple rouse too. why not get real people to show up on the show with this program genuine pictures? that would be way more credible then to just hear a voice who can be someone that was paid to phone in. this program may be genuine but it can also easily be another scam and there may be a money trail leading back to the makers of wonderup. watch these ads and programs with a gain of salt. try to look at it from a sceptical point of view for a change. even though you cant verify if some things are real you can still bring up big question marks for some things that just dont make sence or can easily be faked.

Cherry
(no login)
December 31 2005, 8:36 AM

I'm new to this forum and I must say that I am surprised by the degree of paranoia here. It just doesn't seem reasonable.

The doctors on the Doctor Doctor programme are not quacks. The panel of doctors consists of well known personalities, at least one of whom appears on many TV shows. This programme is a well respected TV show that deals with many serious medical issues, although it will also discuss any subject that viewers ask about.

Although the doctors on the programme were not against wonderup they did not recommend it either, as someone has already stated above. To suggest that there is a money trail leading back to the makers of wonderup is absurd. Why would anyone bribe a TV show to not recommend the product?

Maybe everyone here should make a new year's resolution to try and be more sensible in the future. If issues are not discussed sensibly what is the point of having a forum at all?

Stephanie
(Login Steph73)
To Cherry
December 31 2005, 10:58 AM

Hi!Welcome to the group!Try not to be to discouraged by us,I know some of the debates around here can sound pretty negetive sometimes but theres alot of good advice/info/stories and support as well. I'm newer also but I'm guessing many of the girls here have been researching and trying NBE for a while now and as a result have either seen others or they themselves been a victim of one or more of the many "scam" products/sites.Not to mention that a bunch of "woman messing w/ theyre hormones" is bound to get UGLY at some point regaurdless!HeHeHe!! Anyway,are you interested in NBE for yourself? If so GOOD LUCK and keep us informed on what method you choose and how it goes!

Stephanie;32

Jennelle
(no login)
December 31 2005, 3:05 PM

The paranoia in this group is mainly from SugarQ. (Her problem is that she was ripped off in the past and now spends all her time trying to get even by proving that all herbalists in the world are crooks). I think you'll find that most people here have a more balanced and realistic viewpoint.

SugarQ
(no login)
December 31 2005, 7:23 PM

Jennelle, whats your problem? i never said i was scammed buy anyone. but i know of people in my peronal life and on forums who have been. plenty of people. the same people to look at review sites and automatically think its the real deal. the same people who look at programs like doctor doctor and buy the product mentioned even though the product featured wasnt being shown as bing effective or not effective. but in not saything that wonderup is automatically a scam or anything and im not necessarily only talking about nbe products. im being general.
but in any case. i never seen the doctor doctor show. so all i can do is make general arguments again them. but some companies do give money to news reporters and tv shows to get their product out there and that in general so im not specifically taking about the doctor doctor program. but it can and it does happen. and there are some doctors who are well educated that will say anything for some money and that also a general statement. and someone is bound to say "well, some doctores dont get paid and they do believe in what they are saying." so doctors can never be wrong, right? why dont we all go to owr doctors and ask them how to grow our breasts then? or find a doctor who will give us advice on how to grow our breasts instead of self medicating ourselves with herbs. in sure that with most of us it wouldnt work no matter how well informed,educated a doctor is about NBE. but we are still willing to follow a doctors advice right? especially if we see them on tv, right?

there is always two ways too look at things. news reports, article, tv show programs are not always accurate and unbiased. i saw a tv show then mentioned NBE and it featured the brava and one of the herbal NBE pills (cant remember which one though). the show held interviews with the makers and developers of these products and i believe at least one person that was interviewed was a doctor. although the host of the show or the creaters behind the show were not saying that these products were safe and effective they only had the views and opinions of makers of the products and they didnt discuss any negative facts or anything that would go against what the makers of these products say . so it kinda sets the tone that maybe this show isnt interested looking into boths sides.or maybe there just want enough time in the program to discuss the negative. lol.yeah right. and later brava even posted on their site that they were mentioned in the same program i watched so it makes me wonder if it could have been a set up. look, maybe it wasnt a set up or some big conspiracy but its not a strech of the imagination to consider the fact the that brava and many nbe companies relys so heavily on the media to feature their product. the more people that see it the better, right?weither or not the media shows an indifference to the product its still good publicity. and if credible people mention it thats even better. so it isnt a leap to suggest or consider the possibility that maybe companies like brava could try to get some reports written about them (weither they pay for it or not) espcially if you believe as i do that the media plays a big roll in bring in sales and informing the public that is product is out there.you can be sensible but still look at things from a skeptical and an optimistic point of view. its not about paranoia or having the view that every nbe product must not work and every nbe product is associated with scams. cause i dont have that view at all. its about being smart and looking at things from every possible points of views that can come up before you believe automatically what you see and hear.

Tamara
(no login)
January 25 2006, 7:28 AM

I saw that programme. I thought they would dismiss herbal breast enhancement out of hand, but they took it seriously even if they weren't that positive about it. I was surprised.

Alison
(no login)
February 19 2006, 7:57 AM

I saw this programme too. I thought it was very fair and even-handed and made the effort to present both sides of the debate about Wonderup and not try to make a definitive final judgement. The programme seemed to see its role as contributing to the subject rather than giving a categorical answer. It was good to hear distinguished doctors concede that Wonderup might really work, and admit they couldn't say it didn't work, even though they said there was nothing that constituted medical evidence to say that it worked. Somehow you always expect doctors to be sceptical, but on the whole I thought they came out quite positively in favour of people giving Wonderup a try.

I finally have a good neurologist..
June 10 2007 at 6:22 AM
WiccanWoman (Login WiccanWoman123)
I saw my 5th Neurologist in 6 years last friday and he in the only one that had answers for me and cared, they spent over 2 hours with me, the most time a Dr had ever spent with me before was 20 minutes.

I have Essentail Tremor and they are testing for both Multiple Sclerosis and Hyperthyroidism but believe that I have all 3. Its scarey and I have a lot of testing to go thru over the next 6 weeks. I will for sure be on anti-seizure medicine for the rest of my life.

I will have to discontinue my herbs until all the blood work and lumbar puncture are done because they thin the blood, but they did say there is no reason I should not continue to use them after all my testing is done, in fact one of the Dr's there (I have 2 because of the complexity of my case) is from Spain and says he has heard about NBE and says in most cases is perfectly safe and he knows it works.

Even tho it wasn't very good news it was SOME kind of answer other that "We don't know" or its all in my head. For that I feel a great sense of relief. Good to know there are still Dr's that really care.

I didn't know where to post this but just wanted to share since they did comment on NBE.

Summer
(Login summer_skye)
Re: I finally have a good neurologist..
June 11 2007, 8:02 AM

I think the number of doctors that accept NBE as a reality is steadily growing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon