Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Antibiotics and nbe herbs

Antibiotics and nbe herbs
December 18 2007 at 11:35 AM nnifnnif (Login nnifnnif)
hi girls!
does anyone know if it would still be okay to take saw palmetto, fenugreek and the perfect c while taking antiobiotics, i dont want them to upset eachother!?

thank you!

x

Cecilia S
(Login CeciliaSpasm)
Re: Antibiotics and nbe
December 18 2007, 2:21 PM

Hi!
I think you'd be ok to take them health-wise, but I don't think there would be much point cos my doctor told me antibiotics can stop other medication from working (eg bcp). I don't think it would hurt to take them, but they might not have any effect. When I went on antibiotics I lost alot of my growth (nrly 2 inches), but it has nearly all come back now (it took about 3 weeks). I noticed others have had a similar experience.

Good Luck and hope you feel better soon!

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
December 18 2007, 9:21 PM

make sure, when a doc prescribes you antibiotics, that you actually need to take them. it's probably the most overprescribed drug there is, and in many many cases completely unnecessary.
antibiotics can wreak havoc to your digestive system (personal experience). the more times you take them, and the longer, the more so. your intestines contain a balanced combination of yeast and friendly bacteria. antibiotics kill off the friendly bacteria. depending on the extent of the damage it may take *years* to restore proper intestinal balance (again, personal experience). if there's a yeast overgrowth in your intestines, first of all, you're likely to stop digesting certain foods properly (yes, the herbs won't digest/absorb as well, either) and might develop food allergies and intolerances and IBS symptoms. you're also likely to develop vaginal yeast infections, headaches, moodiness, and possibly skin conditions (depending on the extent of the overgrowth). always, when taking antibiotics, make sure to take a good brand acidophilus and other friendly bacteria. do your own research on your condition to see if you really do need antibiotics (i.e. they get prescribed for vaginal thrush, which in the long run makes the infection only worse). don't take antibiotics for minor infections (you'll do yourself more harm than good).
hope this helps.

nnifnnif
(Login nnifnnif)
December 19 2007, 1:27 PM

hi girls, thank you so much for the advice. From what i can tell i definatly need to be on the antibiotics for a week so i will probably stop nbe while i am as it seems rather pointless if it will cancel out the herbs Sad.
thanks again!!
nnif.x

Henri
(no login)
December 19 2007, 1:49 PM

Try eating some yogurt while on the antibiotics, and drink orange juice. Both help keep your system stabilized. It what my dr. recommended to me.

I have recently developed a severe infection that require three antibiotics, this could possibly cause some blindness and spread to other areas, so I really must take them.

Suzy
(Login SuzyUK)
December 19 2007, 6:03 PM

Having read the above posts, I felt that I should add that I am on a long course of antibiotics, and can say that taking them has had a hugely positive effect on my life. In all honesty, I believe that the possible ill-effects of long-term herb intake etc. warrants far more caution than that of drugs such as antibiotics.

Antibiotics
April 11 2005 at 9:44 PM Danielle (no login)
Hi, i have just read that antibiotics may inhibit the effectiveness of breast enhancement products by detroying the 'foreign' phytoestrogens entering the body. I am currently on a long course of antibiotics for acne and really dont want to stop them because my skin is a lot better when using them. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, i have read that when in large doses phytoestrogens can actually have a negative effect on breast growth because they block the estrogen receptors, but that in small doses they may enhance the effect of estrogen at receptors. I was going to add fenugreek to my perfect c tablets but am not sure about this now.
Danielle

Anna
(no login)
Re: Antibiotics
April 11 2005, 11:57 PM

Your info sounds a bit garbled, but what I think you are referring to is this. Phytoestrogens do not have estrogenic properties when they are eaten, but become estrogenic during digestion. This means that you need to have adequate digestive bacteria to make phytoestrogens estrogenic Since antibiotics destroy bacteria you automatically have a problem.

Alison
(no login)
Re: Antibiotics
April 12 2005, 5:47 PM

Antibiotics destroy bacteria, but they destroy friendly bacteria as well as harmful bacteria. Because of that antibiotics can compromise digestion.

antibiotics
November 22 2006 at 10:55 AM Anonymous (no login)
I've just been prescribed antibiotices for 5 days. Is it worth taking wonderup during these days too, or will wonderup just not work?

yvonne
(Login yvonne03)
Re: antibiotics
November 22 2006, 4:48 PM

maybe email the people at vortex health about that one. they're really good at getting back you quickly and would prob know the answer to your question.

yvonne

faith_full
(Login faith_full)
November 22 2006, 5:15 PM

I dont think it would be a good idea to take them both at the same time as they could interfer with eachother and make you feel worse. I'd give the herbs a break while your on the antibiotics, and then return to taking them as usual.

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
November 22 2006, 7:56 PM

I don't think antibiotics would affect wonderup directly, but they could make it more difficult for you to digest wonderup.

WU and antibiotics
July 7 2008 at 10:13 AM Liz (Login Liz1967)
I have a stomach bactery: Pylori so Istarted a treatment with 2 antibiotics and another medicine form stomach.

So, I have a question: Should I stop taking Wonderup while doing this treatment? Maybe the antibiotics make WU not working , so it is not worthing taking it.

Can anyone help me please?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: WU and antibiotics
July 7 2008, 3:06 PM

Hi Liz,
As I recall, antibiotics can cause failure in birth control pills - I am not sure by what mechanism, be it lack of absorption or interference with effect. This would make me believe that other hormonal type treatments could also be negatively effected.

I tend to go with the 'treat the most serious issue' idea and focus on getting rid of the bacteria. H. pylori can lead to ulcers and cancer but it is easily treated with antibiotics. You wouldn't want to risk there being an interference with the treatment from your WU. It is likely that the WU would not be as effective anyway.

waxingmoon

Laura
(Login Laura2468)
July 7 2008, 4:24 PM

Hello Liz,

Just to let you know I was treated for H. Pylori 18 months ago and I took the course of antibiotics along with the wonderup. I got checked again for the H Pylori and I am clear from it now.
There is no harm in stopping wonderup for a couple of weeks though.

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
July 8 2008, 12:04 PM

Tanks girls for your answers.

I'm stoping WU for 2 weeks and then I can start it agains. I believe it's better not to take so many things.

So Laura, please tell me your experience because I dont know anyone with this problem. My blodd value for H. Pylori was 3.07 and I always has stomach problems like pains and nauseas.
Now I'm taking 2 antibiotics.
After you made the treatment how did you knew that the bacteria was killed?

Do you think that after treatment I must make a blood cleaning and only after start WU?
Did you notice more growing after treatment of pylori? Maybe the bacteria is making growing more slow.

Laura
(Login Laura2468)
July 8 2008, 5:04 PM

Hello Liz,

I felt very unwell with H. Pylori, not sure how old you are but I believe many people in their 40s have the bacteria and don't know it.
Its easily treated with antibiotics, you must get checked again within six months. You should be very much better afterwards.
I have crohns disease too so my stomach problems continue but I felt a massive relief after my treatment for H.Pylori. You should feel much better, all that nasty nausea especially in the morning left me.
As for the wonderup, stop it for two weeks, it won't interefere with growth and give yourself time to grow on the wonderup, it took me ten months before I saw growth and now I have finished my wonderup and kept all my growth.
Best of luck.

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
July 9 2008, 9:44 AM

Laura, I'm so happy with your message. I'm 41 years old, so we are about same age, no?
I'l follow your advice and stop WU while I'm on treatment.
I'm so happy you saw grow and keep it.
This time I decided to take WU for 1 year and be more pacient.

Laura
(Login Laura2468)
July 9 2008, 1:18 PM

Hello Liz,

I was about 46 when I was diagnosed with H. Pylori now I'm 48. I started wonderup when I was 45 and got my growth.
Best of luck with the treatment for H. Pylori, I hope you feel better as I did. let me know how you get on.

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
July 9 2008, 4:48 PM

Thanks Laura. I will post here my experience.
Please keep telling us about your NBE experience.

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
September 8 2008, 2:18 PM

Sorry for being away for so long.

Laura, I made the Pylori tratment and now I started WU again. It has been one month since I restarted WU and still have no sintoms, nothing.

Can you tell me a little more about your WU experience?
Whwn did you notice the first results?
Did you toke other herbs beside WU?

Once I did tried SP but it made me fat ande celullite so I stoped. but I had pains when I was on SP and some swelling.

Laura
(Login Laura2468)
September 8 2008, 4:14 PM

Hello Liz,

Good to hear from you, I was wondering how you were getting on with the antibiotics, do you feel better now?
I didn't get pain until about my fourth month and growth was only visible after ten months. I took wonderup for 18 months. You really must give it some months. I was barely and A cup but grew to a C and even now I am getting pains again and my boobs feel very heavy and much fuller yet I have stopped wonderup for over a year now.
You must be patient with this, I took SP for about two months and the pain was too much for me so I stopped. If you are getting a response with SP why not stay on that for a few months to get things really going then stop. Don't worry about the extra fat, it all goes when you come off the SP.
Give wonderup at least four months and keep massaging every day, twice a day if possible. I massaged every morning and every evening. It really does help. Thats all I do now, just massage twice a day.
Its too early to give up, stay on the wonderup, massage and see what happens in a few months, I really wish you all the luck and hope you get some growth.
Best wishes,
Laura

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
September 12 2008, 11:07 AM

Hi Laura.
It is so good that yoou answer my questions.
About the antibiotics, I feel better now but I dont know if Pylori is gone for good.

This time I will be paciente with WU, just ordered my 3rd botlle and still no pain or grow, but I will not stop.

Do you think that was when you took SP for about two months and the pain was too much for you that you satarted to grow? do you remenber wich month you started taking SP?

If i knew that SP made the diference then I would try what you said: stay on that for a few months to get things really going then stop.

Now I'm courious about that questions, maybe it was Sp that was responsable for your starting grow, how do you sai it? It maybe was the "trigger"?? i dont know of it is the right word.

Best wishes,
Liz

Laura
(Login Laura2468)
September 12 2008, 10:10 PM

Hi Liz,

I think SP helps with growth but the kind of growth I had was with wonderup because I didn't take SP for long enough. I think you must give four months or more, and keep massaging twice a day if you can.
I was lucky because I couldn't fit a A cup bra and now I'm a full C cup. I massaged with st herbs cream for almost two years in total, I think the st herbs cream is very good for growth.
It will take time, do not expect results in less than four months. be pateint, I know its annoying buying wonderup and not seeing results but I'm afraid at out age its not easy getting growth but possible.
give it a good chance and don't forget massaging, it really helps.

As for the Pylori, get a test in six months, you should find you are now clear.
Hope this helps, keep in touch and let me know.
Laura
x

Liz
(Login Liz1967)
September 15 2008, 11:45 AM

I think the only issue with the antibiotics is that it may make WU not so effective.

WU/Herbs and antibiotics??
April 24 2008 at 12:34 AM Tianna (Login Tianna_86)
Im suffering from a pretty bad urinary tract infection =( and was wondering if its ok to keep taking WU with the antibiotics? Im taking Phenazo (for pain) and Norfloxacin to kill the little buggers in my bladder lol
I didnt take WU all day today cuz i wasnt ure if its ok, if I have to stop for the course of the treatment (1 week) will it really set me back??

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
WU/Herbs and antibiotics??
April 24 2008, 1:41 AM

You should be able to do both. Remember, the herbs are food, not drugs.

Zuri
(no login)
Re: WU/Herbs and antibiotics??
April 24 2008, 6:06 PM

Make sure you also take probiotics either in a supplement form or in yoghurt/yoghurt drinks. But make sure yoghurt is in plain form and not with added sugar. Probiotics can help grow the good bacteria in your body and fight off the bad ones, they also protect you from the antibiotics side-effects, such as diarroia. Garlic can also help kill bacteria, as it is a natural antibiotic. You should also try staying away from sugar, coz these nasty micro-organisms feed and multiply on sugar.

Get well soon!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon