Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What is DIM?

what is dim?
November 21 2006 at 9:31 PM diana (Login Diana1978)
i have seen a couple people using it. bu what is it? thanks.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hey diana!
November 21 2006, 9:45 PM

DIM Plus metabolizes estrogen..and balances the 'good' estrogen versus the 'bad' estrogen. Here's some more info:

Diinodlylmethane • Cruciferous Patented DIM. Estrogen Metabolism Formula •

Promotes healthy estrogen metabolism.

Enhanced Absorption Patented with Protectamins Vegetable Blend.

DIM-plus contains diindolylmethane, a phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and kale.

Unlike other plant nutrients such as soy isoflavones, diindolylmethane has unique hormonal benefits. It supports the activity of enzymes that improve estrogen metabolism.

Scientific research shows diindolylmethane increases the level of "good" estrogens (2-hydroxyestrogen) while reducing the level of "bad" estrogens (16-hydroxyestrogen).

Breast wishes everyone!! Smile

diana
(Login Diana1978)
sorry about the questions
November 21 2006, 9:51 PM

got another one, where can i find it? thanks.

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hey diana
November 22 2006, 7:00 AM

sorry just now found this post. Smile You should be able to get it at GNC or any health vitamins store. I just always order mine from either www.herbsmd.com (they have 1 month supply for like $7) or I get it from www.iherb.com if I'm able to spend more money, cause they only have the 2 month supply for like $19.

Breast wishes!!

diana
(Login Diana1978)
thanks
November 22 2006, 12:27 PM

i will look around for it.

Anna
(Login anna-a)
Re: what is dim?
November 23 2006, 7:06 AM

Michelle or Diana,

Do you know whether it interferes with birth control?

Greets,

Anna

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
Re: what is dim?
November 24 2006, 11:32 PM

michelle i checked on the site www.herbsmd.com that you provided, i searched dim-plus and it cost 26$ , not 7$.... is it called something other than dim-plus?

michelle choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hey anna and dandelion!
November 25 2006, 2:25 AM

Anna,

I'm sorry but I don't know if it interferes with birth control or not (as I'm not on bc), but I know one of one other lady that takes dim plus and is on birth control also. I don't think she's had problems with it.

Dandelion,

I'm so so sorry about saying herbsmd.com for the cheaper Dim plus....I order way too much crap from different places and I got it mixed up. Smile I checked for you to be sure where I usually order it so I didn't tell you wrong again and it's www.vitacost.com where I get the cheaper one for 1 month supply. It's $9 right now, but it has been like 7 or 8 dollars before. Also, if you ever want to order the 2month supply it's cheaper at www.iherb.com ($19), instead of herbsmd selling the 2 month for $26.

Sorry again. Smile

Breast wishes everyone!!!

DIM?
March 27 2007 at 1:07 AM Mu-mu (Login mu-mu)
Has anyone use it? Is it good only if you have an estrogen dominance? I just ordered it from drugstore.com (DIM-plus), but I am not sure if I should use because I don't think that I am estrogen dominant.

Anonymous
(Login Sarabell239)
Re: DIM?
March 27 2007, 3:07 AM

Just come across this myself. Is it mainly used by those on BO or PO? I am also interested if anyone has used it with what results-more related to mood than boob. thanks!

Kate
(Login Teresina) Re: Updated pics March 31 2007, 12:16 AM

DIM is diindolylmethane. It's found in cruciferous vegetables.

This link has a lot of information:
http://www.dimfaq.com/index.htm

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon